An easy mark?

• Thread starter WildernessWildChild
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WildernessWildChild

I think I just got scammed- by The Kid!

I'm happily polishing this big dam rock I found thinking of how I'd like to use it to build something special for Kid and my phone rings. It's the ex's number so I answer- Kid is out with her crowd shopping in a mall (borrowed Mom's phone to stay in touch). A few moments of pleasant chit-chat then a sudden "Oh Dad (imagine 10 year old girl inflection here), this outfit is beautiful- goes on to describe a cute purple/blue (current fav colour) pants and jacket, w/white t-shirt and costume jewelery ensemble. Here's where it gets a little confusing- I suddenly find myself reciting my Visa number to a clerk for $50.00 and change, a rushed "you're the best.." from short, blonde, and expensive, and a dial tone....

Was I just played?

Yup - you sure did.

Hey, there's this cool car round the corner at this dealers, it would totally help me get to the airport to get the next flight to Canada, can you just wire me a few thousand bucks?

Edward W said:
Yup - you sure did.

Hey, there's this cool car round the corner at this dealers, it would totally help me get to the airport to get the next flight to Canada, can you just wire me a few thousand bucks?

And when you get to the airport there's a request for more bucks due to taxes, etc., to get out of the country- I see where this is going.....

Sigh...., you better be real hot when you get off that plane Eddy.

MissGuided said:
Oh sweetheart - this is only the beginning. You better get comfy. ;)

Haha, I don't have any daughters of my own, but even I can see this is just the beginning.

Hmm. My mom can pull that off to my grandad and to my dad. Two sources and from each a lot more. She's a seasoned veteran. "Just beginning" is absolutely correct.

If I ever had daughters my mother would be the first to teach her everything she knows at a very young age and I'd be a huge sucker just like my dad haha.

It took me back to my childhood. Me and my dad :) Yeah its just the beginning BC. I am sure you want to hear, "you are the best dad" over and over again :)

From what I've heard (when it comes to father's and daughter's) that's natural.

Latest posts

Back