An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new here and my name is Anne. I'm 34 years old living here in Asia and hoping to meet new friends here . Discussing new things and sharing ideas in life.

Lonesome dreamer said:
Hello, I'm new here and my name is Anne. I'm 34 years old living here in Asia and hoping to meet new friends here . Discussing new things and sharing ideas in life.

^^ Hey there lonesome dreamer. Nice to meet you. Where in Asia do you live? I have distant family members living in S. Korea and Hong Kong. Sometimes, I wish I was born there. That way, I don't have to feel lonesome and alienated here in the US. Plus the fact that it's hard to find a lovely date here.

Hi New here. I've had feelings of loneliness all my life but over the last year these feelings have intensified as the last of the few friends I had have drifted away, I came from a large family but we don't really connect, Don't really know what I'm hoping to find here .... something positive hopefully

randomguy said:
Hi New here. I've had feelings of loneliness all my life but over the last year these feelings have intensified as the last of the few friends I had have drifted away, I came from a large family but we don't really connect, Don't really know what I'm hoping to find here .... something positive hopefully

Welcome. :)

Sorry to hear about friends drifting away, it seems to happen to many of us people here. Hopefully, you'll meet new people and make new friendships as the life moves on.

Hope you find here what you are looking for...
What about getting to know people you can relate to here?

How do I create a signature? I have looked everywhere and, unlike other forums, here I cannot find the right place apparently. Will you please help me? Thanks so much!

AlexD said:
How do I create a signature? I have looked everywhere and, unlike other forums, here I cannot find the right place apparently. Will you please help me? Thanks so much!

I faced the same problem when I joined. For some reason, it takes a while for the edit signature option to appear. Wait a while, and keep checking your User control panel (CP). It will appear there eventually.

Somnambulist said:
AlexD said:

I faced the same problem when I joined. For some reason, it takes a while for the edit signature option to appear. Wait a while, and keep checking your User control panel (CP). It will appear there eventually.

Oh, I see, thanks. They probably want to assure the new people are not spammers. I do like to put a link to my site in my signatures, because I am a self-confidence coach and I know I can help people with that. And I am very willing, to and do spend the time to respond to people on these forums, with suggestions that have truly helped me. Thanks so much for responding, Somnambulist!

AlexD said:
Somnambulist said:
AlexD said:

Oh, I see, thanks. They probably want to assure the new people are not spammers. I do like to put a link to my site in my signatures, because I am a self-confidence coach and I know I can help people with that. And I am very willing, to and do spend the time to respond to people on these forums, with suggestions that have truly helped me. Thanks so much for responding, Somnambulist!

You're most welcome :) And, I appreciate the work you're setting out to do here. It will help many, I'm sure. I've already seen some of your posts. You're spot on !

BTW, it would be great if you could post an intro thread telling everyone a bit about yourself. It's not required, but it's nice. (I'm curious about your background, as well) Gives people a chance to get to know you a bit.

Somnambulist said:
AlexD said:
Somnambulist said:
AlexD said:

You're most welcome :) And, I appreciate the work you're setting out to do here. It will help many, I'm sure. I've already seen some of your posts. You're spot on !

BTW, it would be great if you could post an intro thread telling everyone a bit about yourself. It's not required, but it's nice. (I'm curious about your background, as well) Gives people a chance to get to know you a bit.

I'd be happy to do that tomorrow. Do you want me to start a thread or find where others introduce themselves? My background is pretty intense :). I am very down to earth I think .

AlexD said:
Somnambulist said:
AlexD said:
Somnambulist said:
AlexD said:

I'd be happy to do that tomorrow. Do you want me to start a thread or find where others introduce themselves? My background is pretty intense :). I am very down to earth I think .

A new thread would be best. Otherwise, people may not be able to find it. Thanks !

Hi All!
Wound up here because I've seen every episode of forensic files and dateline that then internet has to offer and I'm going crazy with no one to talk to. 35 F from US, unmarried but in a complicated relationship. Isolated myself from all my friends and don't really see a return to that kind of lifestyle anyway. Just really need a friend or a few on here and you guys seem cool!

littlefish1555 said:
Hi All!
Wound up here because I've seen every episode of forensic files and dateline that then internet has to offer and I'm going crazy with no one to talk to.  35 F from US, unmarried but in a complicated relationship.  Isolated myself from all my friends and don't really see a return to that kind of lifestyle anyway.  Just really need a friend or a few on here and you guys seem cool!

Hi there !

I love forensics shows too (The FBI Files, The New Detectives, In Cold Blood, etc) !

Can you post a new thread under "new member introductions" ? That way, everyone will see you.

Welcome !
33, male, US

Somnambulist said:
Can you post a new thread under "new member introductions" ? That way, everyone will see you.

This is about the second or so time that I've seen you say this to newer members. In case you weren't aware, no one has to post in the new members section. If they choose to, that's fine, but they don't have to. So please stop asking and/or telling members to do something they don't have to. Thank you.

littlefish1555 said:
Hi All!
Wound up here because I've seen every episode of forensic files and dateline that then internet has to offer and I'm going crazy with no one to talk to.  35 F from US, unmarried but in a complicated relationship.  Isolated myself from all my friends and don't really see a return to that kind of lifestyle anyway.  Just really need a friend or a few on here and you guys seem cool!

Hi littlefish!

littlefish1555 said:
Hi All!

There are some really cool people on this forum, you are right. I am new as well, and am happy to share experiences that may help others.

Latest posts

Back