An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Forum Members I'm dubstep.
I'm from Wisconsin
n b-day is Nov 24 and i'm 19 ^^

Spam-Spam-internet-email-smiley-emoticon-000991-facebook.gif

Hello everybody. I joined yesterday, and I am from India. I am going to be 21 soon. Articulation is not one of my strong points, as you can see :p

bjarne said:
This is just a suggestion, but it is a thing I know many people would appreciate:

Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:
  • your location
  • sex
  • birthday (thus age).

This will help people getting a better idea of who you are, and what timezone you are in (thus it becomes easier to anticipate when someone might come online).

Dont worry about your privacy, this information will not be used by alonelylife.com for any other purpose but showing in your profile .

Me being male and having been raised (and lived ever since) in a family otherwise comprised entirely of females, I've always had great difficulty knowing how to relate to other males, especially "alpha males", whereas in the company of women I feel comfortable and relaxed and free to be who I really am.

Do any women experience the same sort of gender preference, namely that they're uncomfortable around other women or around people who for whatever reason chose to omit such basic information from their profile?

If you think about it... you walk down the street and say hi to someone and without thinking and before you've even said it you've automatically assesed their gender and approximate age.

So yes, I personally think it would help emormously if I could identify the gender and approximate age of the people who's posts I'd like to respond to, but probably won't, because I'm reluctant to reveal my total ignorance about how same-sex interactions are normally conducted.

Col.

Hi, everyone. A friend of mine told me this site helped her get through a lonely rough time a few years ago and I finally decided I would try it.

I live in southern California,
I'm a female and I'm 25 years old.

Hi everyone. I've been visiting these forums for a while now and finally decided to join.
I'm male, 33 years old and I live in southern California.
I'm originally from middle east but I'm not middle eastern.
I have a hard time making new friends. I only have a couple of friends which are more like acquaintances.
I am tired of being lonely but I guess I still have hope that's why I'm here.

Daedalus said:
Hi everyone. I've been visiting these forums for a while now and finally decided to join.
I'm male, 33 years old and I live in southern California.
I'm originally from middle east but I'm not middle eastern.
I have a hard time making new friends. I only have a couple of friends which are more like acquaintances.
I am tired of being lonely but I guess I still have hope that's why I'm here.

Welcome to the forum. :)
Is your user name a reference to Stargate, Greek mythology, architecture or something else?

Hi everyone.

The name is Kat.
Just came across this forum and decided to join, always nice to have someone to chat with.

Born Oct 28/89 making me 23 yrs old...not to fond of that odd number..
Female
Canada

Latest posts

Back