An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone.

My name is Sean.

Ive never used a forum before, not toattly sure how to use this site or its functions. But i saw that this is a little community of people like me, so i thought, what the heck. So here I am.

My birthday is 08/22/92 , 20 years old. I'm a guy and I live southern California.

EveWasFramed said:
Daedalus said:
Hi everyone. I've been visiting these forums for a while now and finally decided to join.
I'm male, 33 years old and I live in southern California.
I'm originally from middle east but I'm not middle eastern.
I have a hard time making new friends. I only have a couple of friends which are more like acquaintances.
I am tired of being lonely but I guess I still have hope that's why I'm here.

Welcome to the forum. :)
Is your user name a reference to Stargate, Greek mythology, architecture or something else?

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry for the late reply. For some reason I was not able to view this thread before.
My user name is from the Greek mythology.

Lostman said:
Hey everyone.

My name is Sean.

Ive never used a forum before, not toattly sure how to use this site or its functions. But i saw that this is a little community of people like me, so i thought, what the heck. So here I am.

My birthday is 08/22/92 , 20 years old. I'm a guy and I live southern California.

from 1 newbie to another - WELCOME Lostman

Well hellooo

It seems like every time I ask a question on Google, I end up here...then I find myself relating to posts and wanting to reply. I don't feel so alone anymore :D

Cant seem to figure out how to edit my profile so here ya go
Jay
11/14/1987 soo 25
Ontario, Canada

Ah HA!! nevermind, the "Help" button actually helped for once!

bjarne said:
This is just a suggestion, but it is a thing I know many people would appreciate:

Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:

• [CA*]your location
    [female*]sex
    [40's*]birthday (thus age).

This will help people getting a better idea of who you are, and what timezone you are in (thus it becomes easier to anticipate when someone might come online).

Dont worry about your privacy, this information will not be used by alonelylife.com for any other purpose but showing in your profile .

I will repeat though:
This was just a suggestions and an encouragement, you are NOT forced to fill in your profile data.

Ok, my turn now.
I'm a female from Europe. I turned 30 in April. And I'm here coz I've always been better at writing than talking. And it so happens that despite some people in my life, I've really nobody to talk to.

Hi all!

@ doobie
Oh gosh, I was wondering for about 15 minutes how on earth I could edit my profile and it took your post to figure it out ;p

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I am here because I'm sick and tired of dealing with my loneliness alone. Today is also my birthday. Where am I? Alone in my apartment. Christmas Eve will be the same, and so will Christmas. Besides loneliness, I'm dealing with severe depression. Sometimes it's OK, and days are somewhat normal. Sometimes it tears the living daylights out of me, and it's a living hell. Looking to meet people who can relate to that, relate to the combination of loneliness and depression. It's a terrible combination, and I wish it on nobody.

Welcome! Congratulations on your first post! That's the way to get started meeting people! :) I am going to be with the few family members I have on Christmas Eve and go to Church and have dinner with them, but I will also be alone on Christmas Day, plus New Year's Eve and Day. I also suffer from major depression and some other mental illnesses that I am disabled from. YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE, ThisSideOfTheRainbow!

Hi there! I don't know what to say but I guess it's good to start with introducing myself, isn't it? :) I'm 24 year old male from Europe. One day I realised my loneliness is killing me and decided to do something with that. Of course, it would be better to find friends or just people you can talk to in real life, but as you probably already know, it's not that simple... So I'm here! Unfortunately, I'm not an English native speaker so there might be grammar or vocabulary mistakes in my posts. Sorry :( I will do my best to write as correctly as I can.

P.S. Merry Christmas!

Welcome nvrme :) Don't worry about making mistakes! I'm not a native speaker either and no one's bitten my head off yet ;)
I look forward to getting to know you and hope you'll like it here :)

Hi, not really a new member as I registered a couple of years ago, was just too wussy to use this site back then.
Female/40/England

Am lonely still so I guess that's why I'm here. Have good friends and family just can't really be myself with them and put on a bit of a sociable front. That's it really!

Hello everyone!

My name is Nora, a girl living in Singapore, which is in Asia.

I'm 23 this year on 26th Sep 1989 and honestly, I am really happy that there is a site such as this where we can make friends and stay connected.
Because for me, throughout the years of working since my teens, I eventually lost touch with most of my friends and also the world, in a way.

So Lets be friends! :)

Hi! Welcome to ALL! Please join us in posting on some of the subjects on New or Todays's Posts, so you will have some fun and meet some new people!
I think you will like it here. It's the best forum I have been on! :)

Here ya go

Male/35/ Florida, USA

Ive known loneliness for a long time, since Im an only child. I have never married and have lived by myself for going on five years now. I live in a boring town that doesnt have many people in my age group. All of these things amplify my loneliness at times. But I've spent a bit of time here on my first day here so I can see this site as being a good outlet for me.

Hi guys,
I came here briefly last year and then dropped off - here I am again! Female, married, living in Cali. Everyone is so self-righteous/self-centered/phony and I'm desperate to move back east. No friends out here. Family is a mess. Problems with doctors. Jeez. I'm a joy. :rolleyes:
Anyway, looking forward to a place where we can share and be open and hang out with you guys a while. :wave:

Latest posts

Back