An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocialRonin said:
Hello... I'm new here. 39 years old, male, born and raised in the US from a minority immigrant family. I've had difficulty all my life with social anxiety... it's gotten better through the years. I have family members who are very close and some awesome nieces and a nephew who bring me joy. I have one very good friend. There are a lot of people who regard me as a friendly person, but I don't have many strong friendships or people I spend time with outside of work or business. And I've never had a girlfriend... I'm a year away from becoming the title character of that Steve Carrell movie. I was 32 years old when that movie came out and didn't think I'd be cutting it this close. I try not to let that bother me, but of course, it does. I've reflected a lot on loneliness. I consider myself something of an expert, but really, it's something no one is interested in or cares to hear about. Except for perhaps you folks. I look forward to being able to share some of these thoughts with a receptive audience. :)

Hi, I'm new here myself, not really gotten to know people as yet. Tell us more about what kind of things you are expert at. People have a great deal of different interests, don't feel people won't be interested. I do know how you feel as I spout off my opinions of the world and even my dogs seem bored by me. haha. Welcome to the forum. Best wishes, Todd

Hello,
One day old here, I am 47 years old, living the Washington DC area, born in France. I do not have much family or friends, finally found the strength to get separated from my wife. I hope to find support or simply someone to chat with and fight my loneliness. This is scary period for me but I feel I am doing a first positive step in the right direction by coming to this forum. What struck me is how many posts I can relate to. I hope I can be of help and support to others as well, sometimes all it takes is to listen.

I am trying to update my profile but cannot seems to figure it out, anyone can help and tell me where to click to update it? Thanks!!!

Hi everyone,
my name is Achim, hailing from southwest Germany. I'm glad to have found this forum and it seems to be a friendly one with a lot of like-minded people and people who went through similar things on their path of life. A year ago I went through a major disappointment which made me fall into a deep hole from which I have not yet really recovered. Generally, I don't have the best health anyway, suffering from heart-related issues, ocassional dizziness and other things and yes, I know what panic attacks are. Been there, done that. After my relationship broke up I lost most of my friends even though there weren't that many "real" friends anyway, the few remaining ones are abroad anyway (but that's not a problem for me). So I pretty much lost my way and my orientation, struggling to come to terms with life and destiny and trying to carry on somehow. My interests are various, just like I wrote in my profile, and it would be a great thing to connect with some of the people here as I'm a friendly type of person and open to all kinds of topics.
I work as a pro musician.
So have a nice weekend everyone here!
Achim

Belated welcome to nullbyte, A Louis Wain Cat, N1616**, kolmer, SocialRonin, tc00, SeaBee, Achim/RainbowWalker. Welcome to the forum, HoodedMonk.

ladyforsaken said:
Belated welcome to nullbyte, A Louis Wain Cat, N1616**, kolmer, SocialRonin, tc00, SeaBee, Achim/RainbowWalker. Welcome to the forum, HoodedMonk.

Thank you, ladyforsaken.

Well, I might as well jump in here. I've been through several forums and even ran a few of my own and I hope this is a place where people can be themselves without having some issue to champion, a stick on their shoulders or one up their rear end. I'm really just looking for a place where people aren't trying to prove something and they are secure enough in themselves to let the rest of everybody be the people they are.

I'm not talking about insecurity here. I've several friends who have issues with personal strength and I'm one of them. The issue is to let each other be the persons they are by excepting them as who they are without the constricting shackles of antiquated social standards. It's so destructive and so detrimental to a growing social structure to exclude membership to those picked through a moral scavenger hunt.

ladyforsaken said:

Si gioca preferiti

BeyondShy said:
ladyforsaken said:

Si gioca preferiti

If you weren't so busy looking for ways to get offended and/or attacked, maybe you would've realized she welcomed everyone who posted in this particular thread. You did not post here. That's the only reason you were not named. It has nothing to do with favorites.

Rodent said:
If you weren't so busy looking for ways to get offended and/or attacked, maybe you would've realized she welcomed everyone who posted in this particular thread. You did not post here. That's the only reason you were not named. It has nothing to do with favorites.

Whatever you say man. I don't know you and I am not going to argue with you about something as pointless as this. You had your say so that's fine by me.

BeyondShy said:
Rodent said:

Whatever you say man. I don't know you and I am not going to argue with you about something as pointless as this. You had your say so that's fine by me.

Suit yourself. There is nothing to argue about here anyway, I pointed out what I deemed a fault in your logic. Whether you want to see it or not is up to you.

You've been acting that hostile and defensive all over the place. And you don't even realize it, do you? That's okay. You reap what you sow.

BeyondShy said:
ladyforsaken said:

Si gioca preferiti

"You play favourites"?

Why did you make such a remark to my post there? As Rodent already mentioned above, I was giving a belated welcome to all those who posted here during my absence, didn't leave anyone out. How is that playing favourites? Please explain.

Rodent said:
Suit yourself. There is nothing to argue about here anyway, I pointed out what I deemed a fault in your logic. Whether you want to see it or not is up to you.

I see it

Rodent said:
You've been acting that hostile and defensive all over the place. And you don't even realize it, do you? That's okay. You reap what you sow.

I am sorry if that is the impression you see.

You guys ever thought that a certain person desires attention and this is how he gets it. It requires no effort from him and if he enjoys the responses he will continue prodding you.

oh-kay? said:
You guys ever thought that a certain person desires attention and this is how he gets it. It requires no effort from him and if he enjoys the responses he will continue prodding you.

I was only sincerely wanting to know what he had meant with his comment to my post. That was all. As I would've done to anyone else who would comment anything to my posts.

Greetings to ALL!
Male. South Yorkshire (UK). 22/05/78. Blood group A+.

Life's
improved for me so much, so I'm fortunate and smiley but I'm
a bit lonely :)

Been many years since I talked to people online, I enjoyed it then and now I'm back to front.

Yeah, I'd like to be peaceful, tickle caterpillars & make good friends!

[size=medium]Greetings to ALL!
Male. South Yorkshire (UK). 22/05/78. Blood group A+.
ruinedp-appearancebutso???:p:p:p[/size]

Latest posts

Back