An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I'm new here, I joined cause i am not really having quite a social life tbh, kinda struggling with
building up relationships, making friends because of having anxiety and a lot of times being quiet around
people and ending up left out. I want change and want to make my life better but it does take a lot of work
to start doing it from scratch with no one really to help.
Cheers

blazemaster26 said:
Hi,
I'm new here, I joined cause i am not really having quite a social life tbh, kinda struggling with
building up relationships, making friends because of having anxiety and a lot of times being quiet around
people and ending up left out. I want change and want to make my life better but it does take a lot of work
to start doing it from scratch with no one really to help.
Cheers

Welcome :) I hope you find what you are looking for here. There are a lot of great people on ALL

Hi, just started on here recently, I'm from Ontario, Canada, and 17 years old.
I'm on here because I have anxiety, due to this, I'm usually very shy, and have trouble making friends, I just thought this site naught be good, or helpful, because I'm kinda starting from nothing currently, very few friends, etcetera. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new here, and this is my first post. I'm in New Zealand, but I used to be in the states. I've always been lonely, and I've done a lot of things to try to make it better, and some of them have actually helped. I'm very different from the people I meet, and lack a capacity to put on a front for meeting people. I really love doing things, and wish I could find people who would do things with me. I like inventing stuff. I talk best while I'm doing things, it's harder when I'm just sitting.

Drakoflash said:
Hi, just started on here recently, I'm from Ontario, Canada, and 17 years old.
I'm on here because I have anxiety, due to this, I'm usually very shy, and have trouble making friends, I just thought this site naught be good, or helpful, because I'm kinda starting from nothing currently, very few friends, etcetera. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, Drakoflash. May you be able to find some people you can connect with on some levels on this forum.

Sometimes said:
Hi, I'm new here, and this is my first post. I'm in New Zealand, but I used to be in the states. I've always been lonely, and I've done a lot of things to try to make it better, and some of them have actually helped. I'm very different from the people I meet, and lack a capacity to put on a front for meeting people. I really love doing things, and wish I could find people who would do things with me. I like inventing stuff. I talk best while I'm doing things, it's harder when I'm just sitting.

Welcome to the forum, Sometimes. I would urge you to keep being yourself and not put on a front because then that's just not you and won't attract the right people. What kind of stuffs do you invent?

ladyforsaken said:
Welcome to the forum, Sometimes. I would urge you to keep being yourself and not put on a front because then that's just not you and won't attract the right people. What kind of stuffs do you invent?

Hi ladyforsaken, thanks for the answer, it's so nice to be seen. I invent stuff that I need for my house that I can't find, like an alarm for water leaks, and a sliding sunscreen for my windows that get too much direct sun. Useful things made of thermoformed pvc. Also, I invent ways for a small female to get heavy lifting or cumbersome jobs done, because I'm usually doing things alone. I'd like to invent a wind farm made of hundreds of colorful pinwheels, but when I did the research it looks like it wouldn't yield alot of power, it would just be mostly an art installation.

Sometimes said:
ladyforsaken said:

Hi ladyforsaken, thanks for the answer, it's so nice to be seen. I invent stuff that I need for my house that I can't find, like an alarm for water leaks, and a sliding sunscreen for my windows that get too much direct sun. Useful things made of thermoformed pvc. Also, I invent ways for a small female to get heavy lifting or cumbersome jobs done, because I'm usually doing things alone. I'd like to invent a wind farm made of hundreds of colorful pinwheels, but when I did the research it looks like it wouldn't yield alot of power, it would just be mostly an art installation.

Wow, you actually do those things? All by yourself? That's so awesome and so impressive. :0

Do you ever think about starting your own business for something like this?

ladyforsaken said:
Sometimes said:
ladyforsaken said:

Wow, you actually do those things? All by yourself? That's so awesome and so impressive. :0

Do you ever think about starting your own business for something like this?

Thanks. I am trying to work my way up to having a handygirl business, but I'm not quite up to it yet. I lack self confidence, but having you say it gets me closer to having the courage to do it.

And my inventing is really whatever is needed at the time. You just don't realise how easy it is. Check out thermoforming pvc on youtube. It's so easy and fun to make art and useful things with pvc pipe. If you want to.

Sometimes said:
Thanks. I am trying to work my way up to having a handygirl business, but I'm not quite up to it yet. I lack self confidence, but having you say it gets me closer to having the courage to do it.

And my inventing is really whatever is needed at the time. You just don't realise how easy it is. Check out thermoforming pvc on youtube. It's so easy and fun to make art and useful things with pvc pipe. If you want to.

Well I think you should go for it. :)

I'll check out about it, thanks for sharing! And good luck.

angel_light said:
hello there, i like the site, im glad that it exists, what took so long!?lol;)
bjarne said:
This is just a suggestion, but it is a thing I know many people would appreciate:

Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:
  • your location
  • sex
  • birthday (thus age).

This will help people getting a better idea of who you are, and what timezone you are in (thus it becomes easier to anticipate when someone might come online).

Dont worry about your privacy, this information will not be used by alonelylife.com for any other purpose but showing in your profile .

I will repeat though:
This was just a suggestions and an encouragement, you are NOT forced to fill in your profile data.

Hey all,

Been lurking for almost a year, decided it was time so say hi. Im a guy, 31, live across the world from most you guys, grew up pretty much alone, and... i have no family or friends. People think im weird. Best word to describe me would be geek. Great presentation.

Btw, i immediately googled "thermoforming pvc" with enthusiasm, yeah im a geek.

Hi Thathing, do you think you'll make anything with the pvc? If you do, make sure you show us! Oh, and I wouldn't mind knowing what country you're in, if you don't mind saying.

Thathing said:
Hey all,

Been lurking for almost a year, decided it was time so say hi. Im a guy, 31, live across the world from most you guys, grew up pretty much alone, and... i have no family or friends. People think im weird. Best word to describe me would be geek. Great presentation.

Btw, i immediately googled "thermoforming pvc" with enthusiasm, yeah im a geek.

Welcome to the forum, Thathing.

Hi,

I am from Czech republic 21 (but 22 soon)
I am male. I sometimes visit this forum to read stories of people who feel bad, to know that its not just me.

Latest posts

Back