An introduction from a male who is sick of everything.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DayvanCowboy

25 years old. Used to hang out with druggies but cut off all contacts for a year now. The only thing that was "hardcore druggie" about me was that I had a weed habit that lasted for 3 years straight. That ended almost a year ago and did not do any serious damage to me but I did not want to waste my money and my mind to something that was so juvenile. It held me down in a way.

I used to have a good friend that I reconnected with after, but I realized that he changed as well and his main goals were finding a wife (from goddamn nightclubs for fresia sakes) and make more friends for himself. He also reconnected me with some other people from my old high school who were just a bunch of man-children who talked the same way as old women do when they get together for coffee for a night.

One night I was sick of listening to one piece of white trash who always talked about how he could beat up certain people of the group I used to hang out with and just snapped at him. He mentioned earlier that evening how Iraq should be wiped out completely. GUESS WHAT??? I am part Arab and I took serious offense to that but my so called friends didn't even react in any way. It was just normal talk for them. Especially from someone as ethnocentric as him.

Everyone from my old group was disgusted by my actions because I told him how I thought he would be a bum for life (which he will be), how ugly his girlfriend is, and how he looks like someone who should have down syndrome. He never EVER once drove any one as a DD for weekend night. This group treats him like a king and always lets him have his way.

The main thing is that he hung out with them much more longer so I was automatically ditched from that night on, without ANY say on my thoughts on why I reacted that way.

I just can't stand people I guess. I kinda like being alone.

Sorry for typing like an 8 year old. It's just the way I post.

Welcome DayvanCowboy :)

DayvanCowboy,
Nice to meet you. Sounds like that guy was a real jerk. Racism is just plain stupid. And that part about Iraq? What an ignorant and cruel thing to say.

Glad you made it this way. Look forward to seeing you around, kiddo :)

Naleena said:
DayvanCowboy,
Nice to meet you. Sounds like that guy was a real jerk. Racism is just plain stupid. And that part about Iraq? What an ignorant and cruel thing to say.

Glad you made it this way. Look forward to seeing you around, kiddo :)

Thanks for replying to this thread. Thank you Naleena.

I have to admit though that I feel racist for calling him 'white trash' but when you deal with someone like this type that just always talks negative about anything, IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR MIND and it can honestly drive you into the depths of madness.

When I used to hang out with my last group I just wanted to have fun on the weekend, but this gardenia would badmouth everyone's fiance and girlfriend and act like a king. Act like he is the supreme man of the group (of course he would act like that, he probably felt like we always wanted him near us since he never ever had to worry about our situation for the night, or at least take care of us for a night of innebreation) . What kind of man talks like that? I have never ever met someone like that and if someone had the type of thoughts he did they would just keep it to themselves because in the end it should never bother them that much.

There were other factors from other people too but I can't help it if they cannot ever speak their mind so he is really not entirely to blame, hence my title of this thread that I have created.

Hiya...you will find a lot of wonderful people to talk to here...honestly.

There are times when you really have to stand up for what you believe in. All too often we shy away from what we want to say or how we really think for fear of upsetting other people...and then the only person we really upset is ourselves.

The way you describe what happened tells us about the strong person you are...and how you have stood up to your 'so-called' friends. If they were any kind of friend at all then they would have said something too but perhaps they are not as strong as you. Perhaps they want to be with a group of people who control them.

I spent many years...and two marriages...trying to please the one person next to me...until one day I stood up and said what I thought..and they moved out that day...that tells me everything I need to know. With my partner now I say what I feel and I know she loves me and respects me for that.

My close circle of friends are actually all on here...you know who you are chat room friends.

Much thanks to Bluey and davechaos for replying. I feel lucky to find a forum like this where people are have gone through something similar as I.

To davechaos,

You are someone who has done the same thing I would do when involved with a situation where your intuition can tell you that something needs to be cleared up. It is such a very sad thing, that people cannot be interactive and intelligent enough to accept someone's true thoughts and opinions and give their true thoughts back to you.

People today just shut their true feelings out from anyone without having the strength to just use their own voice to speak up for themselves when something is wrong.

Ones who show truth during this time seem to suffer much more than the ones who just act fake.

People today just shut their true feelings out from anyone without having the strength to just use their own voice to speak up for themselves when something is wrong.

Ones who show truth during this time seem to suffer much more than the ones who just act fake.
[/quote]

And the more we show our true colours the more we get hurt by those around us...until we realise who are our true friends...and they will be there. If they aren't...as I found out one day...then at least you know now.

The next time things get difficult you will only have those around you that are true to you and themselves.

Thank you mael. :)

To davechaos,

I am dealing with the same thing. I dished out the truth and gave my most pure and truthful thoughts to everyone around me (except my family because they are the same way) and they just couldn't handle it. I really believe that a lot of these fools I used to hang out with will just act and live such a fake reality and they will be comfortable with it too.

BUT

I know now that there is nobody to speak for them since I have left and they will happily continue to live a life of the most purest bullshit and fakeness that can ever be created. I can't speak for everyone during my lifetime and if people are just going to pretend that everything is ok, it is their fault. Not mine.

fresia 'em.

I did acted the same thing when I had a girlfriend for the very few times I was lucky enough to get one BUT NOT ONCE did I ever say to myself that "this woman is the one for me" because I knew that she had thoughts REELING AND REELING in her head that she could do better and that there will be another one after me.

I'm disgusted but I am so happy I don't have to deal with any garbage like that anymore.

I know these people...... One time me and my friend was walking through the town and we met a group of kids in my age. The "leader" of the group yelled at us to stop so we did. My friend (Who comes from Iran) talked to the "Leader". I didn't hear what they said but it looked like the "leader" offended my friend. After a while we walked away. While we walked the "leader...." ran forth to my friend and said something like: Hey you mother ****er! I hope America nukes that f***ing nigga country Iran! Then my friend turned to him and was gonna say something to the "leader..." Then the "leader .... again" punched him. My friend got a nosebleed and ran away. Then the leader was gonna hit me too but I dodge and kicked him.... I know you souldent use violence but sometimes it's necessary..... And it feel good too..... >8)

I think this resembels your "situation"

Infexis said:
I know these people...... One time me and my friend was walking through the town and we met a group of kids in my age. The "leader" of the group yelled at us to stop so we did. My friend (Who comes from Iran) talked to the "Leader". I didn't hear what they said but it looked like the "leader" offended my friend. After a while we walked away. While we walked the "leader...." ran forth to my friend and said something like: Hey you mother ****er! I hope America nukes that f***ing nigga country Iran! Then my friend turned to him and was gonna say something to the "leader..." Then the "leader .... again" punched him. My friend got a nosebleed and ran away. Then the leader was gonna hit me too but I dodge and kicked him.... I know you souldent use violence but sometimes it's necessary..... And it feel good too..... >8)

I think this resembels your "situation"

Sorry for the late reply, but I deal with a lot of people like that as well. You are very right.

Some people that I have met in my past tried to joke around right away and say "oh yeah, you're a sand ni**er!". Now, I don't care much if they were someone who I knew for a while but if I know you for less than 20 minutes and you spew all that stupid sh*t to my face then I'm just going to stay away. The level of stupidity that has evolved from them is something that I can't tolerate and might create a violent reaction if I stay near them.

It doesn't happen much considering 90% of people I meet think I'm Italian or Spanish.

Hi there DayvanCowboy, glad you spoke up for what you believe in. I think being true to yourself is very important, a good basis for self respect.

Squigz said:
a board of canada fan? thats what i'm talkin about.

Word :D

scotsgirl said:
Hi there DayvanCowboy, glad you spoke up for what you believe in. I think being true to yourself is very important, a good basis for self respect.

Hello scotsgirl. Thank you for your reply.

Sometimes I'm glad I did what I did and sometimes I'm not. Lately I'm just baffled that some of the people I know are ok dealing with these certain people. I think davechaos is right when he stated how some of my ex-friends just want to be controlled. That and also some of them just have no real spine.

Funny thing is, last month one of my ex-friends got married and the one guy who was at the head table was the same one who would talk soooo much garbage about his fiance around our entire group. I'm disgusted at the fact that he states how the marriage will never work and how she's weird and not right in the head when she isn't any of the things he mentions. She's just a strong minded woman who speaks up, but when he's around her she can't tell anything because he keeps his mouth shut until another night comes along where he just spews so much negativity about people while everyone else just wants to go out and enjoy the weekend without the pathetic gossip.

Sorry for the rant.

Hi there DayvanCowboy

You come across as a person who knows right from wrong and doesn't like injustice. Yeah, there are times when it may make life more difficult, but stick with it, it has it rewards too!

scotsgirl said:
Hi there DayvanCowboy

You come across as a person who knows right from wrong and doesn't like injustice. Yeah, there are times when it may make life more difficult, but stick with it, it has it rewards too!

Thank you.:)

Latest posts

Back