Another Breakthrough

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I dont know how this happens to me. But, I've been trying to work on myself. I've been trying very hard to change.

and, I think I've cleared another major hurdle.

Last night, I broke out of my lonelieness/silence by emailing a few people and telling them what i've been through the past few years, asking them to please support/love me because I've felt lonely and sad.

And they've been so supportive.

I dont think I will be lonely anymore. I've finally realized that I AM loved.

I've also learned humility. I've emailed my professors asking them for help.

Also, I've learned that my disability is only one aspect of who I am.

I think...I can face the world. I can be an adult.

I just want to be happy and over come my disability and I think I will.

For the first time, I think I will. :)

For years I've had cripplingly low self esteem because of how I viewed my disability. I thought no one would want to be my friend. I thought no one would want to date me. I thought I should just stay alone in my room all the time and not talk to people because no one would want to be around me. I thought I was a freak, subhuman at times. I felt broken deep down inside.

But now I realize....that my disability is only one aspect of who I am.

I am so much more than my disability. I am so much more than a face that is "different".

Other people saw that for years but I couldn't ever see it myself.

Now I do and I feel like a door has been opened. I was stuck in this little room and now a door has opened and I'm looking outside and ...

It makes me happy.

[youtube]E_5jIt0f5Z4[/youtube]

That was really brave, reaching out to so many people at once like that.

What is your disability? I have the same problem--I tend to see myself as just an illness, not a person anymore. Trying to change that.

Latest posts

Back