Another lonely newbie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickname

Reaction score
What should I say? Whenever I go to a doctor's office and they ask me who's my emergency contact, I tell them I don't have one. They insist that there's gotta be some friend, a neighbor? And the answer is still a no, and I apologize to them. I think that sums it up about me and being not lonely, but alone! I don't know if I'll stick around and for how long, but I thought I'd give it a try. Hi everyone.

Hello, welcome!
I'm a loner too, and it's annoying to have to defend the lifestyle. So whether you're just passing through or stick around a while, kick off your shoes and look around.

Hi Nickname, and welcome. :) If it's any consolation, having someone to give as an emergency contact doesn't necessarily mean you're not lonely, as I know from my own personal experience!

Hello, welcome!
I'm a loner too, and it's annoying to have to defend the lifestyle. So whether you're just passing through or stick around a while, kick off your shoes and look around.
If being alone is a lifestyle, I didn't choose it and I definitely don't enjoy it. And I'm not able to break out of it.
Hello, welcome!
Thank you. Is it really a lifestyle? It's not something I chose and I definitely don't like it. I think it's one of the worst things in life.

Hi Nickname, and welcome. :) If it's any consolation, having someone to give as an emergency contact doesn't necessarily mean you're not lonely, as I know from my own personal experience!
Thank you lemonbalm. I agree, you can have an emergency contact and be lonely! So, to make it better, I'm both alone and lonely. As I've said to SecondStar, it's not by choice. On the other hand, I guess my personality is ...social when circumstances allow me. I don't create or pursue the circumstances.

What should I say? Whenever I go to a doctor's office and they ask me who's my emergency contact, I tell them I don't have one. They insist that there's gotta be some friend, a neighbor? And the answer is still a no, and I apologize to them.
Greetings Nickname. Welcome to the forum.

What should I say? Whenever I go to a doctor's office and they ask me who's my emergency contact, I tell them I don't have one. They insist that there's gotta be some friend, a neighbor? And the answer is still a no, and I apologize to them. I think that sums it up about me and being not lonely, but alone! I don't know if I'll stick around and for how long, but I thought I'd give it a try. Hi everyone.
Welcome dude, glad to have ya. Hope you find some measure of respite here.

Hi, welcome. I do exactly the same. No emergency contact. Alone and lonely.

Another slightly late welcome! If it's any consolation, you're not alone by being alone. Others feel the same way. Hopefully this forum can bring some of them together to feel less alone in their aloneness. Though I'm not entirely alone, I often feel very alone, especially when friends vanish without explanation, which has happened to me a little too much in the past few years. Hopefully you'll stick around and chat.

Hello there, Jon Doe! 😉

For 2 years I have struggled to find a "responsible adult" for the day medical facility to hand legal custody over. Sad, as 10 years ago this would not be a problem.

If being alone is a lifestyle, I didn't choose it and I definitely don't enjoy it. And I'm not able to break out of it.

Thank you. Is it really a lifestyle? It's not something I chose and I definitely don't like it. I think it's one of the worst things in life.

It's my particular, maybe peculiar, lifestyle and I choose it, but I definitely can still get lonely.
I know it can be a challenge, but people here and other places can identify with how you feel, and at least you'll have the comfort of camaraderie and community.
Most people it seems are in a similar boat to you. They are alone or lonely not by choice or design, but by misfortunate, circumstances. And if you crave human companionship and contact, it can be hell. But there are many ways to feel less lonely... even if alone, is all I mean. And there are places and people that will understand just how you feel. So if you don't find something to ease the pain right away... don't give up hope. Just keep looking...

Latest posts

Back