Another new user here who hasn't spoken up until now..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlasticSpork

Reaction score
Hello guys :cool:

I've signed up here for this forum quite a while ago and kind of lurked around this site here and there without really doing much. Well today, I have decided to change that and come out to the world. There are a lot of reasons I was drawn to signing up here when I first found this site and the helpful messages given from other users was one of them. People here seem generally kind, supporting, and caring. Being a member, I want to do the same and help others here too. There were a bunch of threads started by people on topics I was able to sympathize with, such as loneliness. Frankly, I'm not the best at dealing with my own problems (let alone somebody else's) at an emotional level since I over-analyze and rationalize my issues on a day-to-day basis, but I do want to use this site as an opportunity to express myself and help others do the same. In real life, I have difficulties expressing my thoughts and feelings to others. Even more so with feelings, because at least my thoughts are coherent in my head before they get tangled up when I speak. I freeze up when I have to speak to others sometimes and less so when I have to write, but because of this I tend to get nervous talking to other people.

Okay, I think I'll stop myself before I go off on the deep end talking about all my problems in an introduction thread. To get back to the point of the thread, hello everybody! :)

Hello PlasticSpork, welcome, it is good you choose to join in.. From your post, it seems you are are nice person, so better late than never certainly.

Hi Mr. Spork, well done making this thread :D

"I over-analyze and rationalize my issues on a day-to-day basis" ... that sounds just like me and I'm sure lots of others here will sympathise!

II'm new here too, and will probably follow your lead by lurking around for a bit, getting the feel of the place. It's nice to know there are others in the same or similar posistion to me. I'm a 49 year old female from UK with health issues that have isolated me at home, and made me very lonely. It would be so nice to be able to make some friends to chat to. All the best, Cal

Glad you joined us!

PlasticSpork said:
Hello guys :cool:

I've signed up here for this forum quite a while ago and kind of lurked around this site here and there without really doing much. Well today, I have decided to change that and come out to the world. There are a lot of reasons I was drawn to signing up here when I first found this site and the helpful messages given from other users was one of them. People here seem generally kind, supporting, and caring. Being a member, I want to do the same and help others here too. There were a bunch of threads started by people on topics I was able to sympathize with, such as loneliness. Frankly, I'm not the best at dealing with my own problems (let alone somebody else's) at an emotional level since I over-analyze and rationalize my issues on a day-to-day basis, but I do want to use this site as an opportunity to express myself and help others do the same. In real life, I have difficulties expressing my thoughts and feelings to others. Even more so with feelings, because at least my thoughts are coherent in my head before they get tangled up when I speak. I freeze up when I have to speak to others sometimes and less so when I have to write, but because of this I tend to get nervous talking to other people.

Okay, I think I'll stop myself before I go off on the deep end talking about all my problems in an introduction thread. To get back to the point of the thread, hello everybody! :)

ajdass1 said:
Hi Mr. Spork, well done making this thread :D

"I over-analyze and rationalize my issues on a day-to-day basis" ... that sounds just like me and I'm sure lots of others here will sympathise!

Ms. Spork you mean. I am a female. xD

Okay, thats a relief then. I've always wondered if a lot of other people did the same thing.

Thank you all for the welcomes! :)

cal63 said:
II'm new here too, and will probably follow your lead by lurking around for a bit, getting the feel of the place. It's nice to know there are others in the same or similar posistion to me. I'm a 49 year old female from UK with health issues that have isolated me at home, and made me very lonely. It would be so nice to be able to make some friends to chat to. All the best, Cal

It really is nice, considering there's not a lot of people I've been able to relate to in real life. Getting the feel of the place has helped me in knowing how the members here are like (even though I've barely talked to any of them yet!) and after a while, I think I'll end up being more comfortable here. My situation is very different from yours, but I, too feel lonely as well. Thank you for the welcome! :)

I'm glad you felt the need to help as well it can be difficult. Before I came here I was completely shut off from expressing myself

Welcome

dannyr22 said:
I'm glad you felt the need to help as well it can be difficult. Before I came here I was completely shut off from expressing myself

Welcome

Thank you for the welcome. And I hope you're better off having an easier time expressing yourself now! :) Has this website really helped you with that?

Latest posts

Back