Anxiety Disorder

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Reaction score
While I was at the Christian school, I think I might have developed a slight anxiety disorder. I feel chills, get shivers in my hands and itchy sometimes. I went online one time and found that these are symptoms of an anxiety disorder. I told my mom about this and she believes I have a mild case but we didn't see a doctor to confirm it. I agree with this because I'm not anxious all the time but when I do I experience the symptoms. Anybody got any ideas about this?

Wrap yourself in a warm blanket and calamine lotion for your hands.

Joking aside, I've never heard of that before that is quite interesting. I find I will scratch my hands sometimes, not out of them being itchy but just out of nerves.

Why do you think you developed your anxiety disorder by attending a Christian school?

I have general anxiety disorder/panic disorder I know a little
What ur talking about how do u feel emotionally ? I would feel
Restless agitated And nervous and such I have therapist that I
Go 2 and I have medicine that helps
It could b anxiety I dOnt know u might want 2 get a professional
Diagnosis 1st
I hope u feel better
Hugs

Btw I'm currently using a touch screen atm

Sci-Fi said:
Wrap yourself in a warm blanket and calamine lotion for your hands.

Joking aside, I've never heard of that before that is quite interesting. I find I will scratch my hands sometimes, not out of them being itchy but just out of nerves.

Why do you think you developed your anxiety disorder by attending a Christian school?
For the record, I don't exactly feel itchiness in my hands (sorry I worded it like that). I feel it mostly on my back. I think I developed it at the Christian school because it made me constantly busy and I was always worried that I forgot something or that I need to do something. That really stressed me out.

evanescencefan91 said:
I have general anxiety disorder/panic disorder I know a little
What ur talking about how do u feel emotionally ? I would feel
Restless agitated And nervous and such I have therapist that I
Go 2 and I have medicine that helps
It could b anxiety I dOnt know u might want 2 get a professional
Diagnosis 1st
I hope u feel better
Hugs

Btw I'm currently using a touch screen atm
I feel restless and stressed. I can't go to a therapist because they're too expensive for me. I do hope to see my doctor soon. I see my doctor approximately once or twice a year so I suppose I could talk to her first. But my mom thinks I need to exercise and get to bed on time. I guess she could be onto something.

Exercise and a regular sleep schedule can help but it's probably
Good if u talk to ur doctor
Hugs

I have anxiety disorder and panic attacks, for which I take medication. I think it would be a good idea to explain what you are going through to your doctor and see what he/she suggests about whether or not to prescribe you medication.

Therapists are expensive if you see one privately. However, if you check to see if there is a clinic in your area that provides therapy or group therapy for your problem, they may charge you on a sliding scale. For example, I didn't have a job at one time and needed therapy, and the local clinic had made arrangements for me to see a therapist for no cost. When I got a job, the fee was based on my income, and I had to pay $20 per session. You can probably find out about a clinic like that through your doctor, by google searching treatment centers in your area, or by calling hospitals nearby where you live.

The best of luck to you. Anxiety and panic attacks are one of the worst experiences I have had in my life. It doesn't bother me to have to take medication to prevent them.

I also have what I think is generalized anxiety disorder. I remember getting so stressed out about my job at a supermarket as a bag boy, which when you think about it, is one of the least stressful jobs in the world, lol. But still I'd manage to always worry about whether or not I'd get fired, if people were staring at me, if everyone was talking about me behind my back and silly things like that.

As the illness progressed, I wold get panic attacks one or twice every day and every night I would wake up DRENCHED in sweat, heart racing and so cold I'd have to jump in the shower and run steaming hot water over myself to stop the shivering. Sorta sounds like what you've been experiencing, but more extreme. I also developed really itchy rashes that would migrate to different areas of my body around the same time as my anxiety symptoms started to appear. Not sure whether or not the rashes are a product of my anxiety. I've had this one rash on the top of my foot for the past 3 years now :(

Anyway, you should definitely go to a doctor and get yourself checked out whenever possible. I didn't and things got out of hand. Ended up in the hospital a few times. Bad times, man.

Best of luck to you!

I also most likely have generalized anxiety disorder,
(that's what psychiatrist said :p)

It's a terrible way to live,

Was there a specific thing that made you nervous or anxious when you were at this school?

Hi...

I've spent over 40 years with anxiety neurosis - you sound like you have been suffering attacks of creativity, and some strong inspiration to move around, but you've not been creating anything with it and you've not been doing quite enough moving around to satisfy it.

But, it doesn't really sound much like a specific, anxiety-related condition that requires treatment, right now...that's why you have to get professional help that isn't keen to label what you're experiencing as a "condition" at all, yet.

The symptoms that you describe are also felt by some people when they are at the opening stages of their body closing down, ready for sleep - worth remembering.

Start creating some things, and make them active participation things! The creating of things that involve hand-eye-brain co-ordination events are those with the greatest chance of being helpful. :)

Feel free to E Mail me, or PM me, if it gets bad. :(

Ian.

Latest posts

Back