Anybody Live Alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me - except for 2 cats

i'm a loner by nature so it suits me fine. i very rarely want or need human company

Yup! It's nice getting away from all the people trying to talk to you all day.

I live alone; it's nice. I prefer being on my own and when I get lonely, I just go out!

I don't live alone, but I mostly live in my room. So it's kinda like living alone. I am used to it because crowd, even the companionship of family or friends can get too much sometimes. I need my privacy, I need silence and I a quiet time for myself. when I feel lonely,..... I just feel lonely :'(

I finally live alone, and it's awesome. No pets and no room mates, just me. It's nice to come home and know that someone else wont be there to bother me. I also like not having to clean up after anyone else. :p

0CI355A said:
edgecrusher said:
no but sometimes i wish i did.

The same but I always wish I do.

i think its actually closer to always for me. i dont mind living with my sister but i dont want any other roommates. i would have my cat either way though.

I do. I have ever since I moved away from home 4,5 years ago. Sometimes I think it would be nice to live with a roommate (might make me a bit less lonely), but then again, from what I've heard, it can be really hard to find someone you can get along with well enough to live with them.

Four years, maybe? Well, yes and no. I've lived in my own place for a while, but I keep moving apartments since I don't get along with my neighbours. Generally crashed by my brother's when things got too tough to handle, an asylum of sorts. Can't ever thank him enough. A new apartment now, maybe I'll finally shake off all this accumulated sleep debt...With the sound proofing we have, I'm surprised it's not an all-out war zone between the nighty noisemakers and the insomniacs who have been driven over the edge by lack of sleep. :)

Been aching to get a dog to keep me company, but currently happy if I can feed myself, let alone the rest of the pack.

I don't. But i'm always in my room. It's sorta like my safe place...my haven. I just usually keep to myself either reading a book, on the internet, drawing, gaming, listening to music, or watching a movie on Netflix. Pretty much hikikomori...or recluse. I don't really avoid anyone to be rude...it's just how I am. However, I kinda hate that side of me...I mean I want friends but I don't know if I can trust people...especially with the last 3 friends I had that only wanted to hang out with me when it benefits them. Can you blame me? however, joining this site is sorta like one of the positive changes about myself I'm making for this year...sorta like a rule to do something that scares me.

I moved out of my parent's home a month ago and have been living alone since then. The independency is nice. No pets yet but that's bound to change soon once I snatch one of five cat's my parents are currently taking care of ha ha.

I lived alone for a couple of years until recently.

Honestly, I miss it. I live in communal living now with a roommate, people around 24/7 basically; right now is one of my rare moments to myself. At work, it's the same, though my good friends are there and we do get bunk rooms to ourselves.

Looking back, I would've been happier alone if I had branched out more to have human contact. I was miserable at the time, but what I didn't realize was how valuable it was to have a personal, private space all to myself. It really was nice and I wish I could have it again.

Danielle said:
i live alone, with my 2 cats

i live alone. with a cat.

Sci-Fi said:
I do, for the past 5 years now. :(

i live alone more than a year now :(

SkuzzieMuff said:
I finally live alone, and it's awesome. No pets and no room mates, just me. It's nice to come home and know that someone else wont be there to bother me. I also like not having to clean up after anyone else. :p

yup, agree on that one! dont have to clean up after anyone else :p

Latest posts

Back