Anyone been dumped by their best friend before?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzrusski

Reaction score
2 weeks ago my best friend of 3 years who I was suppose to be close to dumped me when he said he wanted to hang, in front of a girl i liked who was close to him as a friend as well.

This person and I hanged a lot on numerous occasion, but as over the years I've seen him change into a person who was starting to lose respect and looked down on me, and never saw me as an equal, he could never understand why I was depressed and even if I was he looked down upon it and said to me "I think you are only feeling like this cause you want people to feel sorry for you, and you act in self pity, its unattractive" , he became a person who thought mental illness such as depression was done for selfish reasons, he judged my actions,ridiculed and criticized my actions majority of the time. And always made me justify everything I did. While he justified his actions as right, and that because hes going to go save his country one day, that made him a good selfless person.

I lost my virginity and had my first kiss to the girl I had feelings for who I met through him, as all three of us started hanging out I got to know her and developed feelings for her, however she didn't feel the same way, however she liked him when I found out eventually although he never felt the same way about her and he was in a relationship at the time, and gradually this girl started treating me like dirt, criticizing me and ridiculing me, and snapping at me when i didn't agree with her in certain times or if I made a mistake.

When I confronted her about this, she told me i didn't deserve her, and that I'm the biggest ******* and deserve everything that's happened to me, and people will never appreciate or love me back. eventually she told him everything behind my back after that, but twisted the words to make me look like the biggest ******* in the world, he dumped me on the spot, and stated I used the girl for sex, and that I am an animal who can't control himself and didn't deserve what I got because I didn't work for it, and that I acted out of self pity.

Right in front of the girl, and but both dumped me as friends. The worst of it all, he made me feel very guilty for what happened. I realized he never liked me being happy, he liked to accept the fact I was different. I apologized in front of him but he left me in the spot to rot. I realized after my mind cleared up that I should of never acted like a push over and made to feel guilty. I feel kinda angry towards this person because they have always brought me down made to feel guilty for everything i did, made me to feel worthless for who I was because I was different.

I've managed to overcome my depression, I'm not as depressed as I use to be, I've completed my psychologist therapy, and did it without any anti depressants, after my friend dumped me, my mind started to clear up and I realized I was never at fault, it was always the people who made me feel inferior and I was always being a push over and letting people get to me. I've had a better clear picture and better mind lately. But I'm still angry at this person, our friendship is forever over, we don't speak or see each other anymore. But i have this strong sense of want, to confront this person lately because this person unfairly trapped me and then broke me into pieces when they dumped me on the spot,and I never had a chance to talk to this person about how I felt at all.

I don't share hatred for this person, or lust for revenge, but I wished this person just knew how much of a prick they were even though they don't realize it. They always tried to brainwash me with their self righteous ideas, and I believed everything they said.

So has anyone ever been dumped by their best friends, and developed a sense of dislike for this person?

My best friend of 3-4 years decided to get with my ex 2 weeks after I broke up with her without even mentioning it to me or anything. Me and her had been together for over a year so it was a serious relationship and my first love. But I guess he decided he'd rather have his cake and eat it than remain friends with me.

We never really spoke again after that, though I still see her and him almost everyday around school. I think I might be finally getting over it bit by bit everyday.

I'll never trust anyone the same way again.

I had this happen once, it is a horrible feeling. My story is a bit different. One friend of mine we knew since we were 2 years old, and our birthdays were like a week apart. We used to play together all the time and even have sleep overs. One day this new kid comes to our school and becomes friends with my friend, over the next few weeks this new kid develops this jealousy towards me (any my brother) because of our close friendship. He begins to force a wedge between us, calling us names and ridiculing us to him. Eventually our friend pulled away and we stopped hanging out together as much. What really bothered me the most about this was that the new kid was from India. So he is someone who would have had to put up with a lot of teasing and prejudice, this was back in the 80's, and our school was predominately Caucasian. Then a few years later after my friend realized that this new kid was actually very ignorant towards others and felt he was above everyone else, he stopped being friends with him.

Then comes along a neighbour of ours we used to be friends with, until his crazy mother began causing trouble in the neighbourhood. He begins to fill our friend with all these lies and made up stories, some very hurtful things I'd rather not repeat. For some reason my friend believes the lies, they were actually very good liars, especially the mother. She could sell you sand and convince you it was gold. Anyway, my friend begins to realize something is up, especially since he knew us for so long. We never did become best friends again, but did hang out. This all happened in public school too. When we got into high school we talked on occasion but we made new friends and grew apart. Personally I felt I couldn't trust him anymore, if he was so easily swayed by other people then how good of a friend was he...not a very good one.

ok, whoa whoa whoa... hang on...

i didn't even get through reading the whole thing because i just couldn't continue reading about how bad these people treated you, but it's obvious that this guy was never your best friend, let alone a friend to begin with. it sounds to me like he's treated you like dirt from the beginning, doing so out of egoism and possibly his own insecurities.

him "dumping" you is a good thing bro. trust me. you don't need to associate yourself with poeple like him. you don't need to run around calling people like him your "best friend'. you'll do much better on your own without him.

as for the girl, it's all part of the game. we've all fallen for a girl who in the end ends up destroying our hearts and our morale. it's all... part... of... the... game... it's the way of life. i would suggest that you look at this experience from all angles and try and learn from it. let the experience serve you, then pack your bags and move on.

best of luck to you.

freedom said:
ok, whoa whoa whoa... hang on...

i didn't even get through reading the whole thing because i just couldn't continue reading about how bad these people treated you, but it's obvious that this guy was never your best friend, let alone a friend to begin with. it sounds to me like he's treated you like dirt from the beginning, doing so out of egoism and possibly his own insecurities.

him "dumping" you is a good thing bro. trust me. you don't need to associate yourself with poeple like him. you don't need to run around calling people like him your "best friend'. you'll do much better on your own without him.

as for the girl, it's all part of the game. we've all fallen for a girl who in the end ends up destroying our hearts and our morale. it's all... part... of... the... game... it's the way of life. i would suggest that you look at this experience from all angles and try and learn from it. let the experience serve you, then pack your bags and move on.

best of luck to you.

You are right,and I've moved on, but in the end its hard for me to accept the fact I convinced myself from the start I was wrong in the first place, and wished I acted in another different manner that I could of stood up for myself. I did realize this person was never a true friend at all. He changed gradually over the years,and got worse with his ridiculing,criticizing and judgmental attitude towards me, even though we had our fun times when we hanged out and did things together. But I don't need people who try to poison and brainwash my mind, and convince me because I'm leading a simple life that I'm selfish for doing so.

And your right about the girl, it always seems to be the case that I fall for a girl who eventually breaks my heart and tries destroying my morale. But I know in reality I deserve better, and will find a proper woman who will love and appreciate me for who I am.

Yeah, something like this happened to me in an early age. Back then I was more fragile and it had a deep effect on me. This made me numb, depressed and I could feel sincere human emotions for a long period of time. It always felt like something was missing when I was communicating with people after that. In a way it still haunts me to this day. The important thing I realized that it's not worth it. You have to overcome it and keep your faith that's just a single lesson in life you have to learn from. A grim reminder that you should look at people's inner beauty first and then their physical one... Your ex-girlfriend doesn't sound like a good person and it appears your former friend is an ignorant ******. If someone doesn't have respect for people around him, he doesn't have respect for himself. If I'm in your shoes I'll be glad you're done with him.

Stupid people do stupid things, because their ignorance is clouding their judgement (depression=selfish act). I think one's family does a sloppy job raising a child if they turn out like this, because they don't know any better.

Latest posts

Back