Anyone else have the day off because of Sandy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theraab

Reaction score
I got a text from my boss last night saying he was shutting down the office for the day (I'm in NJ and the storm is supposed to be bad here). But now I have nothing to do. So I was just wondering if anyone else got the day off because of the storm.

No, but I live in Ontario Canada, we're not expecting anything until tomorrow. We're supposed to get high winds and rain so I doubt I'll close we've had 80-100 km/h wind gusts before. Not that it's fun to be at work with howling winds by yourself, makes me nervous.

Keep us posted on the conditions there.

The storm went back across the lake here, so we're not going to get the high winds or heavy rain that they were predicting yesterday. It's quiet uncommon for that to happen, sorry to those who live in Michigan, they get to keep it.

my bed was shaking most of the night.. and i mean shaking like there was someone under my bed with a stack of playboys!
I was fully prepared and have all my pc's and tv's, modem and all on large ups battery supplies so i wouldn't lose my entertainment if we lost power ;p
but all that happened around here as my lawn chair blew across the yard.

We're having super high winds and we're on the left side of the state (Michigan)... if that says anything lol. No days off though.

Got off from work yesterday and today. No power last night but this morning it went back on. Possibly no work tomorrow either since there's no power at the office.

By way of update from NJ - everything here is fine, except that both my house and office are without power (I am at my Dad's house right now recharging everything and soaking up the wifi). A few downed trees, etc., but no catastrophic damage near me.

theraab said:
By way of update from NJ - everything here is fine, except that both my house and office are without power (I am at my Dad's house right now recharging everything and soaking up the wifi). A few downed trees, etc., but no catastrophic damage near me.

Good to hear. :)

No work again today, still no power at the office. It's still morning so there's a possibility they will restore it by the afternoon but I haven't gotten word of it yet.

It is very upsetting to look at some of the damage throughout the state. I'm very grateful, but then again I don't live near the shore.

I watched the 20/20 storm special last night that mostly centered on New York. Wow.

theraab said:
Glad to know it didn't cause much damage in your area. When are you going to have the power back?

BrokenInside said:
theraab said:
Glad to know it didn't cause much damage in your area. When are you going to have the power back?

They are estimating next Monday - hopefully it will be before that, but who knows.

Latest posts

Back