Anyone feel more lonely towards their birthdays?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-One

Reaction score
Well it's my birthday soon, not that people around me will notice. I took my birthday off my Facebook page pretty much 1 yr after Facebook started because it would have been embarassing for people to know that it's your birthday and see that you did fresia all and you're the billy-no-mates who will get at best a sympathy "happy b-day" from a total stranger who presumably feels sorry for you.

So now I tell no one when my birthday is, and predictably, it is a lonely time.

I know I haven't posted on this board for a while, I've been busy is all, my new uni course is pretty intense and i've been saving a bit of money.

Dunno if any of you on here remember my rants a while back now, which said something like "by Febuary 2011", I'll have done everything I need to be able to go out, have friends and bang hot chicks.

Unfortunately, I'm behind schedule :( Plastic surgery was pushed back 1 year to this summer partly for monetary reasons, but thats been sorted now. Some non-surgical enhancements have been done, but they are not complete, and some need redoing again this summer. My physique is better than what it was, but been slacking off since I started uni again and got a job. And obviously, I can't start Pickup-Artist bootcamp (PUA) until I feel confident in myself because I don't like my body yet. I think if you go to one of the bootcamps with no confidence, you'll have wasted your money and time.

Oh yeah, I'm about to start with the whoring now. After the age of 18, you're past the age of sexual experimentation. You're either expected to be good in bed, or fresia off. So I'm seeing a prossie in the next couple of days, then maybe a few time after. In preparation for an future where I'll be expected to screw a girl I pick up at a club.

It's gotta to be done sometimes, why not for my frigging b-day?

hmm, yeah.

Hey it's your birthday do what you want to celebrate. And to answer your question, oh heck yeah, until I get messages on my FB from people saying Happy Birthday. If you don't put it up people might not remember, I know I don't I'm horrible with birth dates. It just sucks when no one does.

Anyway, Happy early Birthday. I know it won't mean much from someone you don't know but I'm wishing you one anyway :D

Happy Early Birthday!!

I never consider judging people on fb because they dont do anything on their birthday, nor do I notice if they do or not. I just think telling them happy birthday will brighten their day. :)

the-one said:
After the age of 18, you're past the age of sexual experimentation. You're either expected to be good in bed, or fresia off.

Really? I've never heard of this before.

the-one said:
Unfortunately, I'm behind schedule Plastic surgery was pushed back 1 year to this summer partly for monetary reasons
Just make sure you choose good surgeons. Surgery for anything is nothing to mess around with.

SophiaGrace said:
the-one said:
After the age of 18, you're past the age of sexual experimentation. You're either expected to be good in bed, or fresia off.

When you are a guy, yes sadly it is true. Other guys will think there is something wrong with you.

Actually I think it's 14 now-a-days...:rolleyes:

Sci-Fi said:
SophiaGrace said:
the-one said:

When you are a guy, yes sadly it is true. Other guys will think there is something wrong with you.

Bleh, sex and all of societies stupid rules. I'm going to get my college degree and not worry about that right now. :p

It's easier for you, you are female, okay maybe not easier but women who put out at a young age get labeled certain things. Guys who haven't had sex by the time they are 18 get labeled as a loser, or gay, or constantly teased by their male friends about having too small a dick, crap like that. If you take an 18 year old virgin male and an 18 year old virgin female the guys will laugh at the guy and pop a hard on over the girl. It's stupid but it's the way most of society is.

Sci-Fi said:
pop a hard on over the girl. It's stupid but it's the way most of society is.

Because they're a challenge and they want to do it first? o_O

If a guy hadn't ever had sex before I'd think it was sweet to think he was waiting for someone special. :)

Then I'd want to hold his hand. ^_^;

Hmmmm....I'm at a loss for what to say except. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know it will be a joyous occasion because YOU were born that day. We all celebrate it with you of course - in what small ways we can. I know you'll be happy. Soon. You are taking steps and hopefully they are the correct choices for you. Because who knows what you want better than you? No one. So please, cheer up. Smile and remember that there ARE people that care for you. Even if they don't know you personally. If I could hang out with you on your bday I would totally buy you a drink! lol. Be happy k?

LOL Sophia, I hear a lot of women say that.

Not so much a challenge but when some guys find out a girl is a virgin it's going where no man has gone before (sorry for the star trek pun there). If you give a guy an option between a virgin or a girl who's been around the block a few times they'll pick the virgin. Same would probably go for women too, but that's because of exactly what you said, they think it's sweet. It's just other guys don't think it's sweet a guy is still a virgin and saving himself. That's considered feminine and we're not supposed to think that way. I think there shouldn't be such a strong emphasis on sex, but there is. I had a female friend who once said she wouldn't want a guy who's a virgin, she'd want a guy who knows where to put it that she wouldn't have to instruct, it's not the womens job.

Oh btw The-One sorry for hijacking your thread and I'm not supporting your reasons for going to a...professional...personally I don't think you should but what you do is up to you.

Oh yeah, and how old are you going to be?

First, happy birthday.

Second, I don't pay oodles of attention to what people do on birthdays. You know what I do on my birthday? Listen to people complain that they're single on Valentine's Day. Also, I don't think anybody says, "Happy birthday" because they feel sorry for you. They just want to wish you a happy birthday!

Third... I know a lot of guys who are virgins at that age! Half of the guys I knew back then were lying, anyway. I doubt that has changed a whole lot. I mean, if all of the males who say they're getting sex were honestly having that much sex, and all of the girls who say they are not having sex are honestly not having that much sex... either the guys are doing each other, or a couple of girls are being passed around way too much.

The-One said:
...After the age of 18, you're past the age of sexual experimentation. You're either expected to be good in bed, or fresia off...

Whoa. You're kidding, right?? I'm like twice your age and I'm still learning fun stuff, and expect to be for a long time into the future.

I do feel kinda lonely around my birthday too, though. I'm single and my entire family lives at least 2,500 miles away, except for my 4 year old daughter who I don't expect to bake me a cake and sing "Happy Birthday". Well at least not for another year or two lol.
On my last b-day in December, I had a co-worker who has the exact same birthday. So all my team members gathered around my co-worker's desk and fawned over her, "how was your birthday, what did your husband get you, happy birthday, blah blah". Me? Nothing. Nada. I wanted to throttle them all - lol

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Whoa. You're kidding, right?? I'm like twice your age and I'm still learning fun stuff, and expect to be for a long time into the future.

I didn't get really good until at least 30!

Still learning here too!

:D

Yep. My birthdays are always bitter and lonely. Last birthday, I got angry and broke some things.

I never had a good birthday, because my family never really cared. :rolleyes:

Sci-Fi said:
SophiaGrace said:
the-one said:

---

Happy early Birthday,I hope I give you full-on bad luck by saying it before the date ;)
Meh,fresia dates,delay stuff, No problemo. And that's one of the reasons why I don't have,never had and never will have facebook. Just a time waster.

Poueff said:
Sci-Fi said:
SophiaGrace said:
the-one said:

---

Oh that is so encouraging to read...:rolleyes: Keep it in your pants until you are at least 25. :D

last year I forgot my birthday entirely, lol

My mom was really mad when she called me up a week later and found out -_-

Sci-Fi said:
Poueff said:
Sci-Fi said:
SophiaGrace said:
the-one said:

---

Oh that is so encouraging to read...:rolleyes: Keep it in your pants until you are at least 25. :D

I am and planning to stay a virgin for the next two years or so. It's just a thing for me. I'm not "proud" of being so,but when I stop being one (next few years,me hopes),at least I know I did something right... not just getting in the way of the slutty fury of some of my friends and have "me being an idiot" attached to it.

It's true what I said though.

Latest posts

Back