Anyone into jazz?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
Maybe this thread belongs to the general chat area, but I would really like to know if there are others who are much into jazz and blues, to exchange links and even consider meeting for some festival, if around Europe.

I started listening to jazz only last year, so my knowledge is limited XD But yea, I like it.

I'm a bass player....lol....I know a thing or two about it.
I don't listen to much of it, mostly just swing jazz, torchlight work, and funk solo bass virtuoso's. But, I do like it. I just have to be in the right mood for listening to it. I actually write in jazz theory pretty much most of the time.

I'm into a lot of music genres but Jazz is one of my favourites. I particularly like listening to Glenn Miller and John Coltrane.

Peaches said:
... I would really like to know if there are others who are much into jazz and blues....

I would listen to and collect 20's and 30's jazz, mostly people like The Harlem Hamfats or Bix Beiderbecke. For newer stuff i mostly listened to experimental jazz. With blues i seem to be all over the place from Lead Belly, Robert Johnson and Charley Patton to Mato Nanji and even the British variant. I do seem to have a special fondness for the works of Willie Dixon.

Latest posts

Back