Anyone like being alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like being alone, it helps me as an aspiring artist i think. i need to shut down from the world to observe the world in order to create for the world. haha. but yeah, feeling lonely sucks. :S I dont make close friends to spend time with since i have to shut down from them too, so regular friends and acquaintances helps in passing the time all this while. as long i can manage those being alone is kinda fun and probably vital to my creativity.

Haz said:
I'm a natural introvert, and there is nothing wrong with appreciating solitude.

It took me a long time to realise that.

I love solitude/my alone time, but **** it, I'm getting sick of it now! I need balance.

And the more time I spend with myself the more self absorbed I get, and the more I'm thinking about myself and about everything else, and analyzing every little thing and picking it apart. I need some distraction lol. Some other people to get me outside of myself/away from myself.

I used to like it, or at least feel okay with it. I no longer do, as I've realised that I'm stuck in this situation. Many years of isolation, as well as a bunch of other things, have changed me a great deal.

If I ever knew how to be "normal", how to fit in or how to just make things work I forgot about it all somewhere along the way. I just don't know how to think, feel or act to be any differen than this.

This forum is interesting because we all come to it by different avenues...we may have agoraphobics or teens with reactive attachment disorder, we could have extroverts who are having a hard time being "extro," or introverts who don't mind too much...so many forums I've been on in the past are ones where everyone shares the same specific issue, at least not as generalized as "lonely."

I am usually alone, when I'm not at work, and I over the years I am getting more used to it, but I still struggle with lonliness...humans need each other, some psychic/psychological thing, I haven't put my finger on it for myself, it's like some kind of wierd magic...I will have the most grueling night of agonizing lonliness and then when I get to work, I am whistling, just having people around me, that I know to some degree...I need people, just can't live with em...

Broken_Doll said:
I do kinda enjoy being alone, I like doing things alone too. But there is a big difference between being alone because you are lonely and being alone because you want to alone.

Exactly ^^ - I of course enjoy my alone time, but there are times when I am alone because I want to be, and times when I am alone because I have no one else to be with. As I get older, I find it is the latter situation I am often in. I used to really enjoy my alone time and deliberately put myself alone, but now I really long for some close friends I can hang out with all the time.

I like my alone time. I spend most of my days being around people.
I have my alone time in the morning and before I go to bed.
I bascially just hang out on my patio, watch the sunraise or sunset.
There's flowers in the garden and I'll actually lite candles or buy different flowers for myself once a week.hahahaa (i'm a guy).
It's just a reminder for me to see that there's so much beauty if life. I'm a nature kind of person to begin with anyway.
Sometimes I'll just go take a simple walk in the park.
Being in the moment and not worrying about life or whatever.
It's my meditation time of sort....

As far as being single. I'm adjusting. I like it. I've been single before.
I enjoy the freedom of being able to do what I want, when I want to.
Less responsiblities. Less arguments. Less dramma. Less worries.
I still have a little bit of relationships hang over..hahahaaaa

I don't have that salitude feelings. But I'm starting to enjoy my single life style at the moment.
I like being able to stair at any chick's T&A and flirting with whomever or different women I'll run
into. It's all good.

I have ex-gf or ex-wf calling me and honeysuckle. hahaaaaa
Everyone of them say they wanna come see me. lol
Not really sure if i wanna get back with anyone of them at moment.
I trying to convience myself I'm having a mid life crises....I want newers and younger models :p

Lonely??? I don't feel lonely at the moment.
I'm one of those people that have those ironic twist.
I felt more alone or lonely when I was in relationships but i don't feel lonely or alone now that I'm single.

I belive it's just me getting WELL.
Ive been working on myself alot....
Pretty soon I ma be well enough to go look for psycho bitches to bring some excitments to my life :p

You know, after this saturday i realize that i am better on my own rather than in company of people that i don't like or big company.
i lost my bet to mom so i went on holiday with people from my workplace. i was 5-th wheel from the start, i can't comunicate with them. at the end they get the party started, i couldn't stay there so i went on a beach, it was nearby and was much better option than sitting there. when i returned they still get the party going so i went at my room but their music didn't alow me to sleep or even think.
the most funny thing is that i'd be better on the beach, even sleeping there but they annoyed me with calls while i am absent. why even bother to call if im not participating at parties and they don't care anyway ?

well anyway, that saturday helped me to realize as solid as it can be that i am better by myself and much happier since i can do whatever i can and i will like it !

Update. you don't have to read it, i just need to write something while i am not explode.

evetyrthing starts like a joke. i am pretty happy, now i am going with my friends anywhere where people are and didn't loose my face. but one day everything fuckin changes. it just happened that my mom works with my female boss occasionaly. so she went in my work and after that went crazy. she wanted me to date one girl from my work because she liked her. and somehow either God hates me so much or devil likes me that much but my boss was gathering our workers on holiday to corporative party. who'd knew that my mom will know about it, even more, she said that either i will go out with that girl or any other by myself or she will go to the one she like and speak about me. and ofcourse she said that i could go to the party and she won't do that. it would be a joke if she wasn't that excited. last time she was shining i was in stupid position when thought she was joking, so i knew she was dead serious about that.
anyway. i went on holidays with my workers, and alreay felt i am the one who shouldnt be there. the feeling was like ruining a movie with unneeded scenes. it was plain boring even though i tried get inside the company of all those people to not be bored. i'll skip boring part, its exact the same as every other party when i was on party i didn't wasnt to go. that was the start of me realizing it but i still could go through it and live like before. then they gathered turn on music, so loud i couldn't even hear my inner voice, and started to dance drink n stuff. i went to the beach but they were calling always at the moment i felt good. actually only 2 times and it happened that second was while i was going nearby their party-camp, so i thought it would be better to go in my room so that they wouldn't disturb me anymore, i was wrong. they did music even louder and were parting all night. somewhere at 4:00+ at the morning they did music not that noisy and i could sleep 3 hours. best day ever. it fuckin change me again, i don't want to go anywhere anymorem, now i want to sit home and do nothing, alone, no friends, no to everyone and ofcourse now i don't fuckin care about those who can my life more "exciting". bitches.

I like being alone most of the time, but not all the time.

esper said:
I do. I find it near impossible to make friends, I only speak to people regularly on the internet, so people I dont really know. I hope I wont be alone my whole life, but i like being by myself.....

I have come to realize that I am happier when I am around people. The night time is the loneliest time for me, it's the worst. Not having someone to share your joys, pains, or daily events is awful. I do not like being alone but unfortunately right now I am. My mom recently passed away and I didn't have any family besides her. I have a best friend but she lives about an hour away and we can't hang out as often as we used to. I am starting to research groups around my area so that I can get out and meet new people. People weren't made to be alone.

I used to like being alone, but I've had a taste of what it feels like to be "normal" and spend time with someone new. It will never happen again though lol.

I wouldn't say that I like being alone, but it's something that I've had to deal with throughout most of my life. Looking back I realise that I was never socially accepted amongst my peers, I'm not going to say I was destined for a life of loneliness and misery but when you experience rejection from a such young age it's really leaves a mark on you.

However - being alone does have it's good points. In my experience I have found that my isolation has given me lot's of time to think and reflect on my life, I often reminisce about my past and some of the better experiences I had in an effort to keep any possible negative thoughts away. Despite my situation I'm always try to stay happy and postive daily because if I don't I will get depressed and negative thoughts will consume me.

I try not to think about the present and the current state of my life because it's upset myself and others when I discuss it, then people feel sorry for you and it makes you feel even worse about yourself. I know I shouldn't ignore what's going in the present, I should push for change in my life but it's easier said then done, and it's hard for people to take their first step out of their protective shells back into normal society.

I used to, not anymore more.. I don't want to live the rest of my life alone..!

SullenGirl said:
I love solitude/my alone time, but **** it, I'm getting sick of it now! I need balance.

And the more time I spend with myself the more self absorbed I get, and the more I'm thinking about myself and about everything else, and analyzing every little thing and picking it apart. I need some distraction lol. Some other people to get me outside of myself/away from myself.

Wow, that is pretty much the same as me to a T!

I appreciate some alone time when I'm busy, but when it's for an extended period, the loneliness starts doing funny things to my mind. I need other people to keep a perspective on things...otherwise my mind starts wandering around on its own and things that shouldn't be a big deal starts to seem like a HUGE deal, and my ability for reason & logic starts to run away from me.

esper said:
I do. I find it near impossible to make friends, I only speak to people regularly on the internet, so people I dont really know. I hope I wont be alone my whole life, but i like being by myself.....

It is healthy to be alone but you got to like it anyway you can

esper said:

This comment actually sums up my life at the moment, I always found it hard to make friends and I was a bit of a social outcast in school, and now after this long term isolation I've experienced I doubt I can make friends again.

I chat and try to befriend people on the internet because it's much easier than in real life and people seem much friendlier on sites such as forums.

i sometimes like being alone. as an introvert, time alone is energizing to me. i also don't want to be alone my whole life. i'll often conversate with complete strangers wherever i go. i find that most people have something great to share or interesting to talk about. i find that this is also refreshing for me. being alone is great and all, but boy does it have it's disadvantages...

Latest posts

Back