Aphorisms

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pasha Selim

Reaction score
Once a year we meet the date of our death without making presentations. (I think I shall die on a Monday, on a date beginning with digit “2”. In my family this was a rule. btw next Monday is 27)

Can we imagine God other way than as a “He”? So don't tell me that men and women are equal.

Why don't we have a counterpart word for "misogynism”? Because hating men is a decent thing (edit) and gallantry has not died

We are very pleased to say that God is "inside" us. That's because we know very well that Satan is "with" us.

God has to be found by us. Satan finds us.

People don't respect you for what you do for them but for what you do for yourself.

What is a friend? A person that exaggerates your qualities. What is an enemy? A person that exaggerates your faults. Be a friend to yourself.

To advise without ask and to admonish without love is to humiliate.

The manhood of a man is erected by a woman: his mother.

The first sign of humanity in apes and also the first lie: “Size doesn’t matter”.

Matthew 22:39. “Love your neighbour as you love yourself”. According to this there are four kinds of people:
Those that love themselves and love the other. Good people.
Those that love themselves and don’t love the other. Normal people.
Those that don’t love themselves and don’t love the other. Bad people
Those that don’t love themselves and love the other. Insane people.

Pasha Selim said:

No wonder psycho bitches stick to me like crazy glue.;)

I love it me enemy...cus I'm own worst enemy..:p

Pasha Selim said:

I've wondered for a long time about this notion of "self-esteem." Why would I feel anything but indifference for myself? I'm completely familiar with myself. I bore myself. I'm transparent to myself. It's other people that affect how I feel and I love them for the changes they bring about in me.

The world would be better if everyone didn't love themselves so much. Then they might have to earn the love and respect of others instead of cruising on their own bloated sense of entitlement.

luciddisconnect said:
Pasha Selim said:

I've wondered for a long time about this notion of "self-esteem." Why would I feel anything but indifference for myself? I'm completely familiar with myself. I bore myself. I'm transparent to myself. It's other people that affect how I feel and I love them for the changes they bring about in me.

The world would be better if everyone didn't love themselves so much. Then they might have to earn the love and respect of others instead of cruising on their own bloated sense of entitlement.

It's just differnt ways of looking at things depending from what perspective you're coming from.
Different ways of discribing how seperated we are.

I guess...if you're in the military...to give up one's life for another is the ultimate sacrify and honor.
Taking a bullet for someone else....wooo hooooo you're a hero.

Or you can be label a freedom fighter/terrorist.

When in a relationship with an alcoholic it's call codependency.

Latest posts

Back