One’s Perspective on Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semantics here, as I think we mean the same thing.
But I prefer de-criminalization over "legalization".
The latter implies licensing, fees, and taxes.
All of which I am against.
Make no mistake, if it ever does happen in the US, additional revenue will be the driving force behind it. I doubt weed would ever have been legalized in so many states if there were not so much tax revenue at stake.

Make no mistake, if it ever does happen in the US, additional revenue will be the driving force behind it. I doubt weed would ever have been legalized in so many states if there were not so much tax revenue at stake.
I know. I just wish it wasn't the case...

I know. I just wish it wasn't the case...
Same here but governments everwhere have always been about control, money & power while they use the claim of serving the public as a guise. The government owns everything and citizens only rent assets from them. If someone thinks they truly own anything, just stop paying taxes & see how much you have left after a few years.

Life - whether it has meaning (purpose) or not, it's yours to make the most of it while you're here.

Sex - I'm not sure if it can ever be meaningless. Awesome, exhilarating, boring, unsatisfying, wet, dirty, regrettable yes, but I think it always has some sort of meaning.

A Biblical world view is based upon objective standards which can be summarized as: first and foremost to love God, and secondly to love others. Many people accept the second part and live productive lives doing good deeds but reject the first and foremost part of knowing and loving God. For them, they've missed the whole purpose and meaning of life: having a relationship with the one who created them.
Since you are an expert on objective standards on morality, what is the biblical view on slavery?

Somebody gave an eye opening definition for life. They said, "Life is an opportunity to witness existence."

"Our blessing and curse is that we have the ability to discriminate consciously. This opens endless doors for exploration, but also leaves us wondering where to go.

Inherently, nothing has intrinsic value. But we have the ability to give anything, any value we wish to.
Its like, there's a beautiful flute put in front of us. The flute of Lord Krishna himself. We stare at it and wonder why there's no music. We don't realize that we have to pick it up and play whatever we want to..."

Since you are an expert on objective standards on morality, what is the biblical view on slavery?

Many skeptics and scoffers use the slavery issue to justify their rejection of God or the Bible. After engaging with one a few years back, I finally researched the issue and found good answers that can help any Christian wanting to reconcile their faith with the slavery challenge. For skeptics though, whether it be slavery, creation vs evolution, supposed Bible contradictions, or the existence of pain and suffering in the world, I've found that providing or interpreting evidence will not sway the heart of someone not receptive to God.

Since this thread is not intended to be a defense of the Bible nor does the site allow arguing such matters, your derogatory prefaced question warrants no further response.

Many skeptics and scoffers use the slavery issue to justify their rejection of God or the Bible. After engaging with one a few years back, I finally researched the issue and found good answers that can help any Christian wanting to reconcile their faith with the slavery challenge. For skeptics though, whether it be slavery, creation vs evolution, supposed Bible contradictions, or the existence of pain and suffering in the world, I've found that providing or interpreting evidence will not sway the heart of someone not receptive to God.

Since this thread is not intended to be a defense of the Bible nor does the site allow arguing such matters, your derogatory prefaced question warrants no further response.

Slavery is not the reason any atheist reject god. It is rather an example that the bible is bronze age man made and not god inspired. Evidence of this is throughout the bible. Slavery is just one example. Theists response to challenges is skeptics won't be convinced so not worth it. How about actually studying your bible and its history for a change rather than strictly adhering to dogma?

Last edited:
Similarly, your question goes beyond the scope of this thread and the site itself prohibits aguing over Bible passages.
The site also prohibits talking about religion which you do. Stop proselytizing here.

Sir Joseph: "A Biblical world view is based upon objective standards which can be summarized as: first and foremost to love God, and secondly to love others. Many people accept the second part and live productive lives doing good deeds but reject the first and foremost part of knowing and loving God. For them, they've missed the whole purpose and meaning of life: having a relationship with the one who created them.

Unlike the evolutionary, naturalistic world view, the Bible teaches that we will be held accountable for everything we do or say, suggesting that each day holds meaning for us. But when we speak of the meaning of life, most people are referring to an ultimate origin, purpose, and destiny of life, not the numerous daily thoughts or actions. To that point, I'll hold that the details don't matter if you reject God and his plan of eternal salvation."

No it doesn't.....
Why is everyone becoming stupid today?

5. Member Conduct

5.1. You agree to use the Websites only for purposes that are permitted by a) this Agreement and b) any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.

• You agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct or behavior deemed by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to be harmful to the online community, including, but not limited to, the following:
  • Posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • Engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
  • soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
  • providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence
  • soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
  • posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
  • transmitting unsolicited email to the Company or any member
  • impersonating any person or entity;
  • posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without prior written authorization from the Company;
  • infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
  • posting any defamatory or otherwise false information;
  • posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software;
  • engaging in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Websites (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Websites).

ETA: because I didn't write anything....lol

Now see, I would have went after the "incels" for that one, personally.
Everyone knows all internet incels are really women pretending to be men who are pissed off because they can't find a decent South London boy with lovely hair.

Disclaimer: I don't want to break any rules so this is an attempt at humour not intended as information and is definitely false.

I think people are just bored, so we're finding excuses to argue over essentially nothing.

And/or taking out the increasing stress from life that most if not all of us have been under, as we fall further away from civilization, and devolve deeper into the hyper-Darwinverse.

Latest posts

Back