Appearance aside, what do people notice about you after meeting you for an hour?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has never told me what they thought of me after an hour long session with them. Hrm. Strange.

That i'm very open and easy to talk to and that they never have started talking about personal things so early into the meeting with someone else before. And that's it i think.

How I'm a *******. Smart, funny- but still a *******. :p

I see you've come up with some new questions, Naleena....

Sleepflower...

I can't speak for other people, but the nice things you have said about me have made me think what a kind, generous, and warm person you seem to be. I can't imagine that being much different after an hour.

Me?

People always seem to think that I am troubled or I think something is wrong. I seem to carry with me a face that tells people I am troubled, sad, hurt, etc...

'Dave, what is wrong? Are you ok?'

I get that ALOT.

Ironically after my students get out of a class wth me they seem to comment how fun loving and funny I am. I seem to have 2 different social skill sets...one for my job and the other when I am just 'me'. I guess I take off that 'funny and cool Dave' persona when I get home. I kick it off in the corner like I am taking off my shoes and winding the day down.

People tell me that I am not what they expected me to be like at all.
dunno what that means.

Dave, what kind of teacher?

I, uh, can't remember the last time I met with someone who wasn't immediate family or co-worker for an hour. With everyone else I "meet", it is "hi and bye", "thanks", "haha...", _______ (insert me asking a question and getting an answer, or the other way around). Very brief encounters with people, including my co-workers. But because I have worked with these people for months, I'm sure they've noticed some things about me.
I guess co-workers qualify, so I'll run with that.

My co-workers seem to think highly of me. Some of them say I'm nice, some have told me I'm quite mature for my age (which most of them don't know, they just think 20s, which is accurate enough for me), some have made me feel good looking, some have complimented me on my intelligence and ethics. I remember one telling me "You have a kind heart!". They think I'm a hard worker and value my job. So yeah, positive vibes from co-workers. I haven't gone out or hung out with any of them though. I think they all have noticed that I'm shy, taciturn, and probably that I live a very boring life, which I do. Haha. The other day, I had a co-worker ask me about the things I do when I'm not working. I do things I enjoy, but I know to this particular person, it might as well be nothing. So that was my response - "Nothing, really..." She replied with laughter, and in that laughter, I felt like my suspicion of what she suspects of my life was well warranted. Like "hahaha, I knew it!" I still love her though.

Reading this topic, you all seem to have had nice things (and some bad, hehe) said about you, but I can't think of anything anyone have ever said about me. Maybe people just take it for granted, or maybe I'm not as nice as I think? (or want to be)

I've had different replies.

Nice, quiet, cool and angry are the ones that are most common.

Naleena said:
Appearance aside, what do people notice about you after meeting you for an hour?

People always comment on how nice I am.

That I'm a facetious ass-clown?

Yes, Nal, you ARE nice. I"ve never seen anyone with a bigger heart. xoxoxo smooches

EveWasFramed said:
Naleena said:

Yes, Nal, you ARE nice. I"ve never seen anyone with a bigger heart. xoxoxo smooches

You guys are so different that one of you must be adopted.

(*whispers*) I bet it was Eve... that's why she's so ******* patronizing.

Hahhaa just kidding Eve I love you- you know that.

zraskolnikov said:
EveWasFramed said:
Naleena said:

You guys are so different that one of you must be adopted.

(*whispers*) I bet it was Eve... that's why she's so ******* patronizing.

Hahhaa just kidding Eve I love you- you know that.

Yes, I'm adopted, Z-man. Mom and Dad got me from goat herders in Madagascar. Must be why I'm so **** self-opinionated. Nal would deal with prickly people by gently chastising them. I'd probably use a kick to the crotch. Hmm...must be from my early days of running wild with the goats. I love you too, but just remember that crotch quirk of mine. :p

kiss, kiss

EveWasFramed said:
Yes, I'm adopted, Z-man. Mom and Dad got me from goat herders in Madagascar. Must be why I'm so **** self-opinionated. Nal would deal with prickly people by gently chastising them. I'd probably use a kick to the crotch. Hmm...must be from my early days of running wild with the goats. I love you too, but just remember that crotch quirk of mine. :p

kiss, kiss

LOL @ Eve! You are a fiesty little thing! Love ya, sis! **Hugs**

I can't recall anything much about people characterizing me after an hour... Well, one guy said once that I am unusual or something in that vein, can't remember exactly. Another mentioned that when I look at him, he feels as if I'm X-raying him, also that I'm cool, just shy, which is true. I don't think I'm much of a charmer, not at first sight which is due to my inevitable initial shyness, but after some time people tend to like me in general or at least I have such an impression. There are exceptions, of course, but they don't happen often.

Latest posts

Back