Are Newly Released Game Titles Reasonably Priced In Your Opinion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey All.:)

I guess depending on where you live, the price of a newly released title goes for around $50-$60. Do you feel that the games are reasonably priced? Is the entertainment value worth the price? Myself, I believe it's a little high. The problem is, so many complain about the price being a little too much, but still pay it. Gives them no reason to lower the price I guess. Thank God for the "Greatest Hits" thing!

Depends on the game. Like Transformers Fall of Cybertron, not worth paying new release price for. Resident Evil 6 so far has been for me. The Batman Arkham games were as well.

I think the prices are high, I know about and play a lot of free games right now, and they are comparable to the high priced ones. But, I might be buying a fairly new released mmorpg, that is a little pricy, and has a monthly fee. I am still debating whether to or not :p

They are overpriced when they first come out. Luckily steam has huge sales a couple of times a year so you can pretty much wait a couple of months and get whatever big game you want for $10-$20 when steam decides to have a sale.

I suspect they jack up the price because they know how much people want the games.

Lilianna said:
I think the prices are high, I know about and play a lot of free games right now, and they are comparable to the high priced ones. But, I might be buying a fairly new released mmorpg, that is a little pricy, and has a monthly fee. I am still debating whether to or not :p

Wait for a bit, it will probably go free to play. Many have done that lately.

It depends on the game. If it's long and provides hours of entretainment, then they can charge more. But that's often not the case, in movie games mostly... I stay away from those. Anything "trendy" deserves to be a suspect for a possible rip off.

Felix said:
It depends on the game. If it's long and provides hours of entretainment, then they can charge more. But that's often not the case, in movie games mostly... I stay away from those. Anything "trendy" deserves to be a suspect for a possible rip off.
Yeah. I tend to stay away from games based of movies as well. It's hard to find any that keep my interest going.

i have a ps3 that i use to play fps online for the multiplayer ... call of duty lasts for a year or more
most games are between 60 and 70 euros which means 77 to 90 dollars
pretty expensive when we have a minimum wage of 485 euros 627 dollars
i usually buy them online for 55 euros

the rest i just download them for free

i think it depends on the length/amount of content the game has to offer. do i think that something like skyrim is worth $60? absolutely. if someone mostly only plays single player do i think that call of duty games and most FPS games are too much? absolutely. i think with games like call of duty its almost getting to the point where they should sell separate single and multiplayer games. when i play online i look at others achievements from time to time and notice that the majority of the big online players havent even completed the campaign. and then there is someone like me who isnt really into vs multiplayer anymore but does genuinely want to play the single player. its also putting a price on something that is half product, and half art. putting a price on something artistic that is subjective isnt a simple thing. i just worry that the next gen games will be $70+.

I would say that most games of today are fairly priced. Even at £50 each. What with the Graphics and freedom games now offer, you usually get your moneys worth. That said, I will not pay £50 for a game. I will not pay more then £30 for a game.

Tis why u buy em from gamestop used :/ for example CoD MW2 at walmart is 25$ while at gamestop used is like 5$ and new is i think around 10$

ScruffyMcFly said:
Tis why u buy em from gamestop used :/ for example CoD MW2 at walmart is 25$ while at gamestop used is like 5$ and new is i think around 10$
Hi ScruffyMcFly.:)

I agree with you in part. Our local EB Games is kind of wonky though. They price a new PS3 or 360 game at $59.99 usually. They then charge around $50 for a used copy of the same title. I don't get that. They also don't deal in cash when buying used games. That really sticks in my craw.

ScruffyMcFly said:

I think this will be phased out at some point, Microsoft tried to with there new console but had to change their minds since there was a lot of people that disagreed with it. It is unfair, these companies think you have infinite money or some honeysuckle.

In regards to pricing, I think they are highly priced. But I think if it's a well made game an not one that's been thew together last minute, then it may be worth it.

9006 said:
ScruffyMcFly said:

I think this will be phased out at some point, Microsoft tried to with there new console but had to change their minds since there was a lot of people that disagreed with it. It is unfair, these companies think you have infinite money or some honeysuckle.

In regards to pricing, I think they are highly priced. But I think if it's a well made game an not one that's been thew together last minute, then it may be worth it.
Also, if people out there pay it, they'll never charge less.

LoneKiller said:
Also, if people out there pay it, they'll never charge less.

Definitely, there will always be people who'll buy the new stuff these companies bring out, simply because it's new.

I usually wait for a month or two to buy. Prices drop, and its not like the games are going anywhere. But I've spent $60 on games and felt like it was more than worth it, others I only spent $20 on and regretted it.

Latest posts

Back