Are shy guys really appreciated by women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFrozenSoul said:
Of course they are. Because women know that shy guys won't say "put out or get out". Women know shy guys don't know anything about dating so the shy guy will always do the 50s thing and pay for the whole meal. The shy guy will give her his trust while she goes out and cheats on him. Then when she lies to him he will believe her.

Shy guys are all wonderful targets for women. Because shy guys can be so easily used and abused. Without shy guys women would have to give equally in all their relationships. So with a shy guy she can give all her sex to a man she is actually attracted to and all her emotions to the shy guy.
Shy guys put little thought into being original or being assertive or making any decisions for themselves. They leave it all up to the woman. Women don't like that. No one would like that.

You talk about giving equal in the relationships but it's hard when the shy guy just literally hands over all of the power to the woman. Then they get butthurt when things don't go their way. If you want things to go your way, don't let the other person run the show. This goes for both genders. Perhaps these girls are just looking for a normal give and take relationship instead of one where they don't have to do anything, get bored, and end up finding someone else that isn't a complete pushover.

If they wanted someone to be the way you described, they would get a dog. You don't have physical relationships with dogs. (usually @.@)

I don't hand over all power to the woman. You seem to be misinterpreting what I'm stating.

I guess I just need to find a woman who appreciates laid back guys, instead of guys that chase them all over the place.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I don't hand over all power to the woman. You seem to be misinterpreting what I'm stating.

I guess I just need to find a woman who appreciates laid back guys, instead of guys that chase them all over the place.

Yeah same here, just need a girl who likes me for who I am and is comfortable to just chill out, whether at home or out, a friend and partner, no stress, no drama.

Surely indifference would give you the opposite result. It would just seem like you dont care.

I have tried indifference, and letting the girl chase me. Nope, doesn't work!

Well, maybe it would work for Brad Pitt! But I am average looking, not Brad.

That really isn't the answer to everything!

I have a friend who looks like a male model, who is built and a bit of a jock. He also has never kissed a girl and is a virgin, and he is 25.

He is shy, and girls just don't seem to go for that. I have had more success than him, and I am a little bit overweight and nerdy looking.

Well I don't know about you, but it was the answer to me; just trying to help. Working out and getting more "built" increases your self-confidence which increases your ability to be outgoing.

If you've had more "success" then don't worry about it, just keep going.

Ak5 said:
Well I don't know about you, but it was the answer to me; just trying to help. Working out and getting more "built" increases your self-confidence which increases your ability to be outgoing.

The best way to gain confidence is to love your self.

Anten said:
Ak5 said:

The best way to gain confidence is to love your self.

Agreed.

I'm afraid that by becoming less shy, you'll become less interesting to cute girls which themselves are a bit on the shy side; that they'll think you're a jock. But maybe this is unfounded--is a bold person appreciated by 'everyone'?

I can't exactly just turn off my quiet and introverted side. That's who I am.

I guess I just have to wait for a quiet and introverted girl to come along, who will appreciate me for who I am.

Latest posts

Back