Are SINGLE people really considered to be pathetic little creatures?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO LESBIAN.
It is just cuz I am not attractive to anyone from any point of view.

To Callista_05:

>>Should I be distressed about my situation?
Nope, you shouldn't. You already was close with guys, that proves you can find someone.
And those you had were just not for you.
>>If you were in my shoes, what would you feel?
I am alone and never had a girlfriend. You are 21 and I am 22. So I would be more happy being in you place.
>>And what should I do to resolve this?
Just go somewhere....blink you eyes in front of some guy and date with him. Know him better and so on.
>>Should I try finding love?
Sure. You can do it.

SunWeb said:
NO LESBIAN.
It is just cuz I am not attractive to anyone from any point of view.

To Callista_05:

>>Should I be distressed about my situation?
Nope, you shouldn't. You already was close with guys, that proves you can find someone.
And those you had were just not for you.
>>If you were in my shoes, what would you feel?
I am alone and never had a girlfriend. You are 21 and I am 22. So I would be more happy being in you place.
>>And what should I do to resolve this?
Just go somewhere....blink you eyes in front of some guy and date with him. Know him better and so on.
>>Should I try finding love?
Sure. You can do it.

About the whole distressed thing, I think I was just being too pressured by people around me (vocally or not)… they all think that I should have one. And I suppose all their eyes falls on me when I get one – meaning, aside from my usual cynical self, I would also worry about what my friends/family/relatives would say…

And I don’t know how to find love without trying to look desperate… any thoughts about that?

well...every woman that I've been with asked me out or made the first move.
Sometimes I need more than a hint or two. Becuase i think they're too beutiful or too good for me.
I usually fall in love with them or go head over heels, once I figure it out.lol

They usually just talk to me at first..becuase I can be an air head when it comes to women.
Then sometimes they'll give hints and say.." What are you doing this weekend or whatever"

Sometimes..they even give me their numbers or bussiness card and tell me to call them...stright up.
But i still can't figure it out.lol Half of the time..I was thinking to myself....holly schmolly what
am going to do now ?... I need to clean my car, clean my apt. clean under the couch.lol
I make whatever excusses not to call her.

yeah, it's hard to break the ice sometimes.

Pathetic little creatures? Of course not.

Pathetic creatures, yes.

(In fact, the taller you are, the harder it gets.)

callista_05 said:
....I would also worry about what my friends/family/relatives would say…
You shouldn't, it is your life. Trust yourself. I know some realy good couples were broken just because of family or friends (especialy when your girl friend like your boyfriend).
callista_05 said:
And I don’t know how to find love without trying to look desperate… any thoughts about that?
You don't have too. Just be yourself on the party, you don't have to act like total positive one and smile everytime. Just don't be ruth and rude. And smile sometimes, you know special girly smile that makes any man go crazy (in the head ofcourse, we try not to show it). And i am not talking about smile "showing all teeth I have", I am talking about something more sensetive.
All I said is only for you, it is individual and depends on time and your mind state right now.

SunWeb said:
callista_05 said:
....I would also worry about what my friends/family/relatives would say…
You shouldn't, it is your life. Trust yourself. I know some realy good couples were broken just because of family or friends (especialy when your girl friend like your boyfriend).
callista_05 said:
You don't have too. Just be yourself on the party, you don't have to act like total positive one and smile everytime. Just don't be ruth and rude. And smile sometimes, you know special girly smile that makes any man go crazy (in the head ofcourse, we try not to show it). And i am not talking about smile "showing all teeth I have", I am talking about something more sensetive.
All I said is only for you, it is individual and depends on time and your mind state right now.

Whew…I hope I can throw a smile that can drive a man crazy…Lol! It would really mean a great transition to change from the awkward sexy snob to a nice sweet girl..Lol!! (how could one approach someone who looks snob?...(although deep inside, I’m just this shy type girl)

Sometimes I can just really be so self-conscious that I might be this boring or be this ‘safe’ or be this ‘open’….I’m always thinking of what other people thinks…and it stinks! Lol!

callista_05 said:
Whew…I hope I can throw a smile that can drive a man crazy…Lol! It would really mean a great transition to change from the awkward sexy snob to a nice sweet girl..Lol!! (how could one approach someone who looks snob?...(although deep inside, I’m just this shy type girl)

Sometimes I can just really be so self-conscious that I might be this boring or be this ‘safe’ or be this ‘open’….I’m always thinking of what other people thinks…and it stinks! Lol!
/*Darth Vader's voice*/ You underestimate the POWER....of the girl smile. /*end voice imitating*/
Noone says you couldn't be shy but when some guy will ask you to dance just go for it girl !!! I am a shy person myself and I can tell you "shyness will go away" while you will feel that he is interested in you. Your job is to smile then....tell him something....speaking about him/you will help to feel more comfortable (if you will be interested in him ofcourse). Then you will talk about next meeting and so on. But shyness will gone almost in the start of the conversation.

Good Luck !!!... Love, just do it ! (I hope NIKE won't be mad about it)

Actually height does not matter really.... But yeah... singlehood sucks... actually its not singlehood that is pathetic, its the fact you know that no girls will like you that kills you.... *looks at myself* well, i myself am one excellent example.

SadRabbit said:
Actually height does not matter really.... But yeah... singlehood sucks... actually its not singlehood that is pathetic, its the fact you know that no girls will like you that kills you.... *looks at myself* well, i myself am one excellent example.

I don’t know what to say to make you feel better… ;(

Yes we are pathetic little creature, were actually worst if you think about it.

Are SINGLE people really considered to be pathetic little creatures?

I don't know, it depend on your perspective I guess. My cousin has been single for years, she's 34, I've never asked her about her past, I know she had a few relationships that wasn't too successful, but she told everyone that she already decided to be single, or at least she doesn't really care about being single, the thing is she's happy, so it doesn't matter whether a person is single, or not, it's about if you can provide yourself with happiness, or if you need someone to provide you with such a thing.

She lives a happy life, a single life, she still take care of her family, she loves her family, she's occupied with her everyday stuff, and she's self sufficient enough to not having to worry about money, and she's enjoying her life, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

She's a loving and helpful person, so I don't deny the possibility that she'll probably find someone that IS finally meant to be for her, but right now, I see her as a happy single person.

I think when you're 21 you have nothing to worry about and you're free to make a sarcastic remark to anyone who asks why you're still single. If you hit the big 25 and you're still "single" in that you've never been in a serious relationship, however, people can legitimately ask you that question because it's just... not common.

I don't doubt that some people can be perfectly happy on their own, but I think as you grow older you're going to find most of your peers in a relationship and you're going to want what they want. Also, I don't think you should sacrifice a relationship in favor of your career. I strongly believe that, under normal circumstances, it's possible to have both of them at the same time.

gyneco said:
I think when you're 21 you have nothing to worry about and you're free to make a sarcastic remark to anyone who asks why you're still single. If you hit the big 25 and you're still "single" in that you've never been in a serious relationship, however, people can legitimately ask you that question because it's just... not common.

I don't doubt that some people can be perfectly happy on their own, but I think as you grow older you're going to find most of your peers in a relationship and you're going to want what they want. Also, I don't think you should sacrifice a relationship in favor of your career. I strongly believe that, under normal circumstances, it's possible to have both of them at the same time.

Dam only 5 more years to go until I become "uncommon"

gyneco said:

I think you get tell your 30 to be like that. After that I think it starts to get a little sad :(

I agree with all the other stuff.

Chris 2 said:
Dam only 5 more years to go until I become "uncommon"

As for guys, they generally have 2 or 3 extra years compared to girls.

Bluey said:
I think you get tell your 30 to be like that. After that I think it starts to get a little sad :(

I guess it also depends on where you live. If you're like me and you live in an area where people get married when they're 22, you're going to feel pretty odd about being single by the time you're 25.

gyneco said:
Bluey said:

I guess it also depends on where you live. If you're like me and you live in an area where people get married when they're 22, you're going to feel pretty odd about being single by the time you're 25.

True, I did actually think that as I was typing it out. Good point.

Seeing this thread a few months after posting it….I honestly feel stupid asking those horrible questions….

How can it be so pathetic when, in the first place, I was the one who’s afraid to get involved with anyone?…

I was the one who chose to remain single and unattached…

It was my choice.

Errr….wait…did I just chose ‘The pathetic’ option?

Latest posts

Back