Are SINGLE people really considered to be pathetic little creatures?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callista_05

Reaction score
I’m 21 and still a member of the No Boyfriend since Birth Society.

I’ve been close with several guys, but never intimate. All were just mere flirtatious encounters… some were courtships that only last in a really short span of time. All seemed like they were all just ‘not for keeps’.

I’ve devoted my time studying (though I’m not close to a nerd for that matter) and preparing on my career path for 15 years…. I’ve gained friends through time, some of them I already lost contact with, and some of them I speak to every once in a while.

And a lot of them bugs me about getting a ‘special someone’ – as if it’s just like a comfort food that can be easily bought in an ice cream parlor or a candy store.

It’s not much of a concern to me before, but now it really gets too disturbing…It made me paranoid as days pass and more and more people are asking me why am I still ‘single’. Which leaves me disturbed as hell whether I looked too miserable alone or I’m just too Beautiful(haha!) to be one of the few Singles who live in the a world full of couples.

I’m 21, finished studying and all, and somehow trying to get a good jumpstart for my career…I hate the idea of being left in isolation, but then I guess that’s what I am now.

Single and alone.

Should I be distressed about my situation? If you were in my shoes, what would you feel? And what should I do to resolve this? Should I try finding love?

Sounds to me like your a young beautiful and intelligent women with the world at your feet. Being independent witch you are is not pathetic.

Of course if love comes your way then embrace it. But in tell that time comes just try to enjoy where your at and doing what you do.

callista_05 said:
Should I be distressed about my situation? If you were in my shoes, what would you feel? And what should I do to resolve this? Should I try finding love?

Hi Callistra and welcome:)
I am, in a way in your shoes. While I didn't start studying for my life career at seven years old like you did, I did start a career. Doing that meant setting priorities. That means being lonely sometimes. I'd say keep your eyes on the prize.

You are 21 and have your whole life ahead of you. You finished your degree and nothings wrong with focusing on the career you have chosen. Hopefully you like it :) I have a therory. I will share it with you.

My theory about my life is that if I stay true to myself and continue on my path that the man who is to be with me will come into my life.
Besides, you have to be ready to start a relationship and it sounds like you aren't. And that's ok. Don't ever let anyone tell you it isn't.
You will know when the time is right. :)

im 17 & this may sound pathetic but ive only been in a few real relationships my whole life & ive gotten hurt A LOT....im just trying to find the right one now n have higher expectations on how they treat me.
ive always heard theres a perfect someone out there for everyone, but idk if I believe that anymore....theres this boy i really really like right now and i think hes perfect but he only likes me as a friend. sometimes even if i have friends with me, i still feel lonely bc i really want that special someone & most of my friends do.

nobody can answer the last few questions but yourself. only you can decide if you want to be with someone. do you find yourself longing for something more than friendship? someone to cuddle up with? (i know i am!)

but about the title question, no no no. if that is true then there must be billions of pathetic creatures... from what i know, my age group(16-25) tends to comprise of more single than partnered people.

although personally i HATE being single, and will only ever be happy with a partner.

Lonelyheartsxx said:
im 17 & this may sound pathetic but ive only been in a few real relationships my whole life & ive gotten hurt A LOT....im just trying to find the right one now n have higher expectations on how they treat me.
ive always heard theres a perfect someone out there for everyone, but idk if I believe that anymore....theres this boy i really really like right now and i think hes perfect but he only likes me as a friend. sometimes even if i have friends with me, i still feel lonely bc i really want that special someone & most of my friends do.

i know how you feel. im lonely without a girlfriend, no matter how many friends i have.

No, please don't feel distressed. It's far more important to have the right person in your life, than to have someone just for the sake of having someone.

Unacceptance said:
The only people at 21 who have found their "soulmate" accidentally got pregnant during prom.

lol!
true, this.

anime girlboy said:
Lonelyheartsxx said:

i know how you feel. im lonely without a girlfriend, no matter how many friends i have.

i kno, like some ppl say to enjoy ur friends in high school and not worry about boyfriends/girlfriends, but i think a lot of ppl still feels lonely without one & i havent been kissed in quite a while now =(

In your position, you would actually avoid relationships. You need to focus on your career path and to where you want to be. For me, I dont want a serious relationship until I have a stable job and my own place.

No
Trying to keep a balance between work, love, and play is a juggling act for most people.
I got married at a very young age...it was more trouble than what it's worth.
After the dating and honey moon stage was over. I seldom saw my ex-wife due to work or school
sechdules. Even wth my last long term relationship. I maybe saw her 1 -2 hours a day.

Yes, it's nice to have someone to come home to after a hard day work. Someone to share
our triumph and to hold us on a bad hair day. On the flip side...being in a relationship you'll
get more bad hair days...just becuase.lol I suppose...that's what makes a home a home.lol

Obviusely the people that are asking you about being single...havn't had friends come
over and ask for advice about relationships (visa versa)..lmao

Maybe...peer pressure is getting under your skin a little bit.
Of course...you'll second guess yourself becuase they're talking about something that you don't have
or missing in your life at the moment. It's a detraction from your goal.

I was divorced at 22 and single again. I landed a very good job and a posisble great carreer.
I had that very same disorder you're having.lol
I kind of pissed my carreer away..serching for true love or specail someone. Most of the people i worked with where older than me.
They all were married and had families....So i felt like I was missing out.
well...becuase I came home to a bunch of nice stuff and no know one to share it with.lol But i forgot....I was only 22 not 35.lmao
Knowing what I know now....I'd stay the course and stick with my carreer.

Maybe you can just take baby steps. Maybe after you get a foot hold on your carreer.
Maybe you can just start dating or hang out with people more.
Dating oki doki....not marriage.lol

A relationship is a continuose learning process becuase it has many twists and truns and changes.

Lonelyheartsxx said:
anime girlboy said:
Lonelyheartsxx said:

i kno, like some ppl say to enjoy ur friends in high school and not worry about boyfriends/girlfriends, but i think a lot of ppl still feels lonely without one & i havent been kissed in quite a while now =(

and let me guess, you dont want to just hook up with some sleaze at a club? i havent kissed since my last girlfriend so its been almost a year now... its painful :(

anime girlboy said:
Lonelyheartsxx said:
anime girlboy said:
Lonelyheartsxx said:

and let me guess, you dont want to just hook up with some sleaze at a club? i havent kissed since my last girlfriend so its been almost a year now... its painful :(

lol not really cuz i just want a serious relationship right now....i mean yea, i want sex of course but im more looking for something that will actually last!
i kno its painful!! =(

Porman said:
In your position, you would actually avoid relationships. You need to focus on your career path and to where you want to be. For me, I dont want a serious relationship until I have a stable job and my own place.

And your own place? A lot of the time ppl don't have there own place cos they can not afford one on there own. I hear what your saying though. But I don't think choosing when love well come into your life is something you can control. it well come when its ready and not before or after.

I think this can frustrate ppl a lot. cos sometimes it comes to early then you feel like you missed out on stuff that you should have had in your youth. My mum and dad was only 15 & 17 when they got together and my mum had me at just 17. So I think they missed out on there youth. Then you get the other side that finds love to late or never. Them ppl (me) feel like they have missed out on things as well. Like I do feel if I had a GF I would had probably traveled moor and seen moor of the world by now.

Steel said:
It's far more important to have the right person in your life, than to have someone just for the sake of having someone.

yeah...i sometimes think of that...but then, i also fear that the right person's not coming, that there's a big chance of me being stuck here alone for the rest of my life...

Lonelyheartsxx said:
anime girlboy said:
Lonelyheartsxx said:

know what's more pathetic?...
...i nver been kissed...

callista_05 said:
...i nver been kissed...
Me too. But that is nothing compare that everyone just don't want to date with me.
Have two dates in my life and both girls didn't want to see me ever again.
A girl from my work rejected me.
Now, that is pathetic.

SunWeb said:
callista_05 said:
...i nver been kissed...
Have two dates in my life and both girls didn't want to see me ever again.
A girl from my work rejected me.

hey,,,why wud they do that?

why not try to ask her out again? or try asking another one?

Latest posts

Back