Are these things common in your country?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
First of all I have to tell you that I'm really grossed out and disgusted right now. People in my country tend to be rude and do not respect each other enough.
Men just pee almost anywhere they want in public areas and during the winter. Thick layers of frozen urine would form in too many places especially behind bus stations. In order to get to the bus stop from school I have to go down a very dirty street. It is spring time and ice and snow are melting those frozen urine layers as well. When that terrible thing melts it makes the surrounding area are extremely stinky and I inhaled that strong smell accidently which made me almost faint somehow. The thing is there are too many places like that in the city and I can still smell that little bit everytime I breath out.
Also people, especially men, blow out the mucus from their nose spreading green particles in the air with loud noise. I see that very often and I cringe at it all the time. Especially guys around my age spit around a lot as if they all have some kind of salivary gland problem :p. I think it is the way to look 'cool' for them. Older males spit out their phlegm by making a loud sound of sucking it out which is very gross because usually their phlegm are coloured, reddish or green maybe I don't see that.
I could not why guys are so belligerent in this country. I believe it is because of poor education and low level of intelligence. If you hit their shoulder accidently ( although they usually start first ) you're in a trouble they would come down on you if you are 'pussy' or look innocent and they would not leave you until they rob you or beat you up. That was the main cause of my agoraphobia. They don't bother me now. I try to look confident and keep my head held high. Fear was something that drags them to me. I see few well-mannered calm guys in this society.
Moreover. People in my country are generally grumpy. Salespeople are not polite and they seem to not care about me when I come and try to buy something. In addition, they give the rotten ones or bad quality ones or they just give me less money when I say you're giving me less they would be like "Oh, sorry". Also elderly people just breaks the line and get in front of me which means I have to wait for another few minutes. I guess I have a phobia of someone getting in front of me at market. Salesmen seem to answer my questions with very short and sometimes unclear responses and it really discourages me to do shopping on my own. Shopping seems like a VERY huge burden to me. My aunt does the all shopping thankfully. It feels less burdensome when I'm with someone.
Oh the last thing. There's no guarantee to be alive in my country. There are many sewer caps are missing and many people fall of into the hole getting seriously injured. Car drivers are too aggressive and I get very stiff like a statue when I see a bus coming while I'm crossing the road. Number of people died from car accidents in the past two decades is higher than number of Mongolian soldiers who died in the war with Japan in 1939. Everyday one person dies from a car accident and a child get injured according to the statistics. There are few pedestrian zones; traffic lights do not seem to work properly and were made for safety. A month ago I waited for 5 minutes for the green light to show up. I did not care much attention to those people crossing in red light. You know what, the traffic light was broken, showing only red light. It was the main road intersection in the centre of the CITY ! Jaywalking is ridiculously common by the way. Building cranes falling off and number of cars being higher than the population. Frankly my country was in the fourth place in the list Countries with the worst road system.
There is no doubt that 1 in 30 people has changed the national identity since 1990( Population of Mongolia is 2.9 million and half of the population lives in the capital city. There are almost no other cities) People do not care about those revolting things as if it was always like that. I tell my mom that it is ridiculous to live here she tells me to get used to it and ignore just like the others. It seems I'm the only one who gets bothered by those things.
All people in my country say that there is no country better than your own country; you'll suffer and get bullied in a foreign country. ; you'll be so miserable and feel possessed but you'll never be like that in your home country; Instead of suffering in someone's foreign country, you have to live in your country freely and joyfully; You'll understand how happy you were in your country but not in a foreign country.; I HATE TO HEAR THESE THINGS. It all sounds like a CURSE to me. I'm not going live in my country. This is definitely NOT where I belong. My mom says that I'm too young to understand and as I get older I'll understand and love my country even much more. It sounds like a CURSE as well !!! Please say it is 100% possible to live a much better life in a well-developed country and all those nationalist Mongolians are wrong. PLEASE.
(I'm still too young but I wanna live in The UK, Australia or The USA for the rest of my life)

I suspect you Mum doesn't want to lose you. So maybe she is being a bit negative about other places because of that?

I am a person living in a country in which I was not born. Nor is the language the same. It isn't always easy, and there are some things I miss. Also, some things I will maybe never 'get' about the french or their way of doing things, but then again, some things I do get.

On the whole I doubt that I would go back there to the Uk to live.

You are young and are making the most of your education. If you want to live abroad, try it. Just don't be too starry-eyed about other places - there are always things you might not like as well as things you will love.
And some things you will miss about home. Probably not the spitting though!!!😸

jaguarundi said:
I suspect you Mum doesn't want to lose you. So maybe she is being a bit negative about other places because of that?

I am a person living in a country in which I was not born. Nor is the language the same. It isn't always easy, and there are some things I miss. Also, some things I will maybe never 'get' about the french or their way of doing things, but then again, some things I do get.

You are young and are making the most of your education. If you want to live abroad, try it. Just don't be too starry-eyed about other places - there are always things you might not like as well as things you will love.
My mum would always want to live close to me.
I will study in a foreign university as an international student. Probably I will go to Australia or the UK next year after A-levels. I will definetely miss my country's musics,nature and some cultural stuff. I think I'm more suited to live in a different country than my home country. I did some research about many countries and I realised those well-developed countries are not as fantastic as I dream. Country with no people spitting would be wonderful at least in a single way.

Bebeskii said:
jaguarundi said:

I will study in a foreign university as an international student. Probably I will go to Australia or the UK next year after A-levels. I will definetely miss my country's musics,nature and some cultural stuff. I think I'm more suited to live in a different country than my home country. I did some research about many countries and I realised those well-developed countries are not as fantastic as I dream. Country with no people spitting would be wonderful at least in a single way.

Well done for researching thoroughly, I should have guessed you would, you seem pretty level headed.:) . I wish you the very best in your endeavours. From what I have seen of your posts I believe you have the guts and tenacity to succeed in doing what you want.

jaguarundi said:
Bebeskii said:
jaguarundi said:

Well done for researching thoroughly, I should have guessed you would, you seem pretty level headed.:) . I wish you the very best in your endeavours. From what I have seen of your posts I believe you have the guts and tenacity to succeed in doing what you want.
Thank you. :) You cheered me up and made me feel something I do not notice from myself. :)

You make Mongolia sound like a nation of slobs. Or bachelors. And here I wanted to see Mongolia at least for the polo & wrestling tournaments...

Where to relocate to depends on what you want. If you're looking for a country with economic vitality or great environmental laws, Australia is probably the best one on your list. In my country Europeans usually have a reputation for good manners...unless you're Jewish. (Seems that's one aspect of Europe that hasn't changed much.) If you're put off that much by rude people, don't come to the United States. Seriously. We don't usually pee in public (except when some of us are drunk), but in some parts of the country, fights can start rather easily. In England if two people have a car accident, they might be upset but they'll exchange insurance info or whatever, & be done with it. In the US if you accidentally hit someone or someone accidentally hits you, when you get out of your car, depending on what happens next you might get in a shouting match often as not. Occasionally people get shot over fenderbenders....not as often as the news media would imply, but it does happen.

people in hard places (such as dense, overpopulated cities) used to be bitter to the others. they're so ungrateful and cynical. people around me are also like those ones you describe - sour and yes, grumpy... they tried to look tough by making annoying noises, shouting out bad words, being brash and rude... to them life is something to seize, not to be shared with others joyfully...

MTrip said:
You make Mongolia sound like a nation of slobs. Or bachelors. And here I wanted to see Mongolia at least for the polo & wrestling tournaments...

Where to relocate to depends on what you want. If you're looking for a country with economic vitality or great environmental laws, Australia is probably the best one on your list. In my country Europeans usually have a reputation for good manners...unless you're Jewish. (Seems that's one aspect of Europe that hasn't changed much.) If you're put off that much by rude people, don't come to the United States. Seriously. We don't usually pee in public (except when some of us are drunk), but in some parts of the country, fights can start rather easily. In England if two people have a car accident, they might be upset but they'll exchange insurance info or whatever, & be done with it. In the US if you accidentally hit someone or someone accidentally hits you, when you get out of your car, depending on what happens next you might get in a shouting match often as not. Occasionally people get shot over fenderbenders....not as often as the news media would imply, but it does happen.
Thank you for telling me some truth about those countries. It seems Australia is where I belong. I truly love my country in many ways but living in this place is just definitely not right. Many things in here easily gets on my nerve and western culture really suits me. Generally speaking, I still insist on the fact that Mongolia is somewhat full of slobs who are lazy,untidy and often rude.
Mongolia is famous for its 'Naadam' festival which consists of three games archery, horse racing and wrestling. I don't think polo is not popular in here although there's National Polo Centre. Mongolians will show you great hospitality and kindness but tourism companies and all organisations might exploit you. I mean the cost any ticket is about 3-10 times higher for tourists. There is a very common myth in this country that every foreigner is rich. You would be totally treated differently in this country from the citizens. But I can tell you that the nature is mesmerizing in this country !

Hysterious Loner said:
people in hard places (such as dense, overpopulated cities) used to be bitter to the others. they're so ungrateful and cynical. people around me are also like those ones you describe - sour and yes, grumpy... they tried to look tough by making annoying noises, shouting out bad words, being brash and rude... to them life is something to seize, not to be shared with others joyfully...

I agree with you. Sometimes I wonder whether these societies are getting better or not.

Wow you really seem to hate Mongolia! I'm curious, I notice you're studying a-levels, are you a native Mongolian or a foreigner living there!

You're right about the pissing and spitting in the street, that is disgusting. I live in Australia and no, people don't do that here. Urinating in the street is an offence.

Having said that, there's no country that is perfect. A lot of people come to Australia and love it. A lot of people also come here as well and complain about everything. Either they were just expecting something different, or they're perfectionists who would never be really happy anywhere.

It would be a big mistake though not to travel and check the world out, if you have that opportunity. Even if you decide somewhere's not for you, at least you've found out. If you speak English, then education wise, the world's your oyster!

Glowgirl said:
Wow you really seem to hate Mongolia! I'm curious, I notice you're studying a-levels, are you a native Mongolian or a foreigner living there!

You're right about the pissing and spitting in the street, that is disgusting. I live in Australia and no, people don't do that here. Urinating in the street is an offence.

Having said that, there's no country that is perfect. A lot of people come to Australia and love it. A lot of people also come here as well and complain about everything. Either they were just expecting something different, or they're perfectionists who would never be really happy anywhere.

It would be a big mistake though not to travel and check the world out, if you have that opportunity. Even if you decide somewhere's not for you, at least you've found out. If you speak English, then education wise, the world's your oyster!
I'm a 100% native Mongolian. I've been living in this country since I was born. When I was little I had very little idea about this country and loved everything. As I grow up I realise that Mongolia is very poor country. I don't hate my country, I just hate the people and their very limited lifestyle.
If I complain about my country I would write a book with 1000 pages. Just from the recent example, today, in a bus I grabbed a handle with chewed gum which was really disgusting and I grabbed another one which also had a chewed gum stuck to it. While I was heading home from the bus stop I noticed a man was smoking right in front me. To avoid the smoke and I started walking fast and as soon as I passed that man, another man just sneezed out the mucus from his nose by blocking one of his nostrils. His sprayed mucus almost hit my clothes. Those are just minor issues. There are TOO MANY issues and facts which make me say WTF!.
There is no doubt I would get a massive culture shock in Australia. I'm not going to a heaven I'm just going to another country. I agree with you about those people who prefer something perfect all the time. It feels like there are many nice things waiting for me in Australia such as true friends and colleague.
By the way, I really liked it when you said "If you speak English, then education wise, the world's your oyster!"

Hehe necro alert! 😆
We get some of this here too. But what can you do, right?
Manners are taught real young and some have none, no matter what the country is. You ignore it best you can. I tend to not enter bus stops because it smells like vomit and urine. Then again, some people on the bus smell like that too.

Latest posts

Back