Are you afraid of getting nightmares?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I use to have nightmares if i slept in the dark (In my 20's), but now I dont have them anymore.

BTW Try to STOP thinking of ghosts and other oogly booglies lol, I had the same problem when I was young.

punisher said:
Yes, I use to have nightmares if i slept in the dark (In my 20's), but now I dont have them anymore.

BTW Try to STOP thinking of ghosts and other oogly booglies lol, I had the same problem when I was young.

I'm trying not to think of ghost.... But the wall shadows and trees..! And sometimes my lampshade...! And the squeaky door~....

Its just too scary~.....

Try this; Next time you have a nightmare....try to make yourself realize that it's nothing but an illusion. Put yourself in control. Realize everything around you is a creation of your mind. I know that sounds pretty out there, but try it.

I did this once and gave myself a shotgun in my nightmare. Trust me, that nightmare turned into a fun zombie killing spree haha

yukirisohma said:
punisher said:

I'm trying not to think of ghost.... But the wall shadows and trees..! And sometimes my lampshade...! And the squeaky door~....

Its just too scary~.....

awww, you sound like me when i was a kid lol, but i forgot about those things.

Try leaving the light on and switch on the radio or tv, that should help you to not have nightmares.
The light kind of stops the shadows, and the radio or tv will hide any scary noises... it worked for me.

I don't have many but I mostly enjoy nightmares. I don't have dreams often, that I can remember, so when I have any dream, its pretty cool.

Oh and the number to Ghostbusters can be found here.
http://tinyurl.com/d9xma6

eh? said:
I don't have many but I mostly enjoy nightmares. ...

I am glad to hear that because no one seems to understand how i can enjoy nightmares.

yukirisohma punisher's idea of a light and something like a radio could help in blocking those shadows and the noise of the squeaky door.

I don't think i have a chioce in that matter...when i get nightmairs.
I hate night terrors....they're wicked. They seem so so fucken real.

Then again my life had been a fucken nightmare too...

Because of an injury I became unemployed.
Ended up being unemployed for 2 years.

Every single night I dreamt of cold dark water.
A tidal wave about to crush me.
Or standing by a deep dark lake.
Or on a deep dark cold lake.
Every night for 2 years.

The day I went back to work it all stopped.

No, I haven't had any nightmares lately...I probably will sometime, then it will repeat until I die. I'm not joking around, okay?

until recently i used to have really bad nightmares, but its not that the nightmares are any better. there just as bad as ever really. its just that my reaction towards them has changed drastically. in times past i had woke up screaming or so scared that i didnt want to get out of bed or have any of my muscles even twitch, just sit still as stone. some times i would ask god why he would give me such scarry dreams. but not long ago i awoke from a terrorfying dream. i got up out of my bed and sat in the chair in my living room, and i know it sounds weird by i kind of enjoyed the nightmare, it gave me this numb feeling, i felt powerful. my nightmares nolonger run my life. i really dont have nightmares very frequently though, maybe once or twice in a 10 day period.

No I don't, I hate sleep paralysis and hypnopompic hallucinations though, but they aren't exactly nightmares, it just feels like a dreams I can't get out of, and I hate false awakenings.

Hi, OP-

I use to get nightmares and i was a wuss about it. Nightmares aren't REAL but they are so scary we allow them to scare us.

the solution was pretty easy. i read a book about the psychology of dreams and it had a bunch of different ways to interpret different dreams and different dreams meanings. i started writing my dreams after i had them in the night.

now they don't bother me.

it's also important to not hate yourself because your brain will reinforce your self hatred while you dream. also you have to have a peaceful home and not live with bullies, jerks, perverts, manipulators, users or anyone else who is going to make you miserable or its the same at night while you sleep.

Latest posts

Back