Attention Whore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got so much rl attention tonight and I'm getting more tomorrow!! Haha yay!! Meow mrow bark! I could be like a little school girl.

WolFoxrr said:
I got so much rl attention tonight and I'm getting more tomorrow!! Haha yay!! Meow mrow bark! I could be like a little school girl.

Seems more like you are some kind of cat/dog hybrid. ;)

DreamerDeceiver said:
Ever try smothering peanut butter all over your chest in front of a crowd? I heard that gains considerable attention..

how does one smother peanut butter?

I am very curious about this!

DreamerDeceiver said:
Ever try smothering peanut butter all over your chest in front of a crowd? I heard that gains considerable attention..

Add one part sugar for every six parts peanut butter. Continue with above instruction in public area. Release half-a-dozen hungry squirrels, and observe the attention it will garner.

Callie said:
I'm kinda the opposite. I somewhat like being NOTICED (when I wanna be), but I don't like all that much attention.

Same, Callie. I really don't understand why some people want attention constantly. That would fluster me. Too much commotion going on.

IgnoredOne said:
DreamerDeceiver said:

Add one part sugar for every six parts peanut butter. Continue with above instruction in public area. Release half-a-dozen hungry squirrels, and observe the attention it will garner.

O.O.*is scared thinking about this*

Attention seems strange to me. We all want a type of attention - just which kind do we want? Unconditionally loving attention? Friendship? A person to listen to us? A group's admiration? monopolization of a person's self? WE crave attention of different forms due to our differences as humans; I do not believe it calling someone an "attention whore" exists as a fair assumption of them and their personality.

ghbarnaby said:
Attention seems strange to me. We all want a type of attention - just which kind do we want? Unconditionally loving attention? Friendship? A person to listen to us? A group's admiration? monopolization of a person's self? WE crave attention of different forms due to our differences as humans; I do not believe it calling someone an "attention whore" exists as a fair assumption of them and their personality.

Yea, everyone wants some kind of attention, you make a thread, you want attention from random strangers, you respond to a thread, you might want someone to read it, etc.

Different scale, different form, I am an attention whore because I admit that I've always wanted people to listen to me and answer my god **** questions instead of ignoring me.

LOL good points Lawrens.

I don't like being the center of attention, please leave me be in the darker corner of the room with a few people to chat with, that's all I need. Being the center of attention means all eyes are on you, and if you do something stupid everyone will see it. Like if you laugh too hard and pee yourself. I've get to laugh that hard but that would be so embarrassing.

I know a guy who just becomes the center of attention because of the way he is. He is always on.

Being the center of attention to me means you have to be confident in yourself, have no shame, and be able to make a complete fool out of yourself, and laugh at yourself after.

I want to be the center of attention in games so people in LoL will be wow'ed/irritated that I am going 20/1/X while they are all weaker than me.

People call me an attention whore, but I don't see it that way. I see myself as a social facilitator. In social functions, I'm the guy who flits from group to group engaging everyone and getting people stirred up to enjoy the partay. And I do sometimes tend to be the party idiot who takes things too far and ends up looking stupid... but that serves to make others less self-conscious. It's easier to enjoy a party when you're NOT the one who's being singled out.

I'm OK with being singled out. :cool:

...what you've just read is a narcissistic justification for my attention-whoring. :cool:

Latest posts

Back