Australian Open 2008

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tennisgirl said:
andy lost. :( :( :( :(

Wow what a 5th set. That should give Rafa an almost automatic qualification to the Semis.

At least Federer is still in :D :D:D

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Roger is in big trouble he's 2 sets to 1 down against Tipseravic :(

He was so close to saying bye bye to australia for the year! Janko did himself proud.

Blue Sky said:
Leyton won.
YAYYYYYYYY!!! I watched the whole match - all 4.5 hours of it!! SO pleased that Lleyton won. I couldn't believe he was up 5-1 in the 4th and then let it go to a 5th!!

Blue Sky said:
They are playing similar ads to this during the open, so I thought I'd put it here.

Haha, that's pretty funny. I always find it amusing how australians call flip-flops thongs!!

I can never stay up to watch those late night five set thrillers. Most of the matches finishes around 1 or 2 in the morning.

Tonite Hewitt's takin on Djokovic. At least that would finish early as the match starts at 6,30.

Fed defeats Berdych in straight sets to go to the Quarter Finals

Next up for Fed.....

James Blake (USA)

Blake~James-Blake-Posters.jpg

Lleyton Lost against Djokovic in straight sets.:(

Theres only 8 players left, were in the business end at last :D

Heres the draw for the upcoming Quarter Finals.

Roger Federer Vs James Blake

Novak Djokovic Vs David Ferrer

Jo- Wilfried Tsonga Vs Mikhail Youznhy

Jarkko Niemenen Vs Rafael Nadal

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Lleyton Lost against Djokovic in straight sets.:(

Theres only 8 players left, were in the business end at last :D

Heres the draw for the upcoming Quarter Finals.

Roger Federer Vs James Blake

Novak Djokovic Vs David Ferrer

Jo- Wilfried Tsonga Vs Mikhair Youznhy

Jarko Niemenen Vs Rafael Nadal

Gutted that lleyton lost - I soooooooo wanted him to do well. :(. Novak's getting a bit too big for his boots in my opinion. Awww I hope Blakey puts in a good performance.. I'm hoping for either Blake/Ferrer VS Nadal in the finals. It'd be cute if it was ferrer vs nadal cos they're really good friends n play playstation together during tourneys!! :)

Nadal won in straight sets again, i dont think he has dropped a set yet in the tournament same with Djokovic. Should change when they run into Mr Federer!!!!

tennisgirl said:
I'm hoping for either Blake/Ferrer VS Nadal in the finals.

:( Aww u dont like Federer :(

Rafa will take on the winner of Tsonga Vs Youzhny. Dont think they would have enough fire power to stop Rafa from advancing into the final though. :(

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Nadal won in straight sets again, i dont think he has dropped a set yet in the tournament same with Djokovic. Should change when they run into Mr Federer!!!!

tennisgirl said:
I'm hoping for either Blake/Ferrer VS Nadal in the finals.

:( Aww u dont like Federer :(

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Rafa will take on the winner of Tsonga Vs Youzhny. Dont think they would have enough fire power to stop Rafa from advancing into the final though. :(

Hell yeah, straight sets, again!!!

No, no, I do like federer - he's an amaaaaaaaaazing player and he comes across really well in interviews etc. I just want Rafa to winnnnnn, and it'd be nice if Blake/Ferrer made it to a grandslam final b/c it'd be the highlight of their careers! Federer has so many trophies already.. he totally needs to give the other guys a go! :)

Ohhh, well, I'm kinda nervous cos in the tournament that both Rafa and Youzhny played in before the AO (it was in India), Youzhny THRASHED rafa in the finals!! :/. 6-0, 6-1 to be precise.

well youzhny is down way down atm.

Tsonga is leading 7-5, 5-0 atm!!!

He could be one of the great story of AO 2008 , just like Baghdatis in 06 and Gonzales in 07

tennisgirl said:
Federer has so many trophies already.. he totally needs to give the other guys a go! :)

Not yet, Feds havin too much fun in the sun, hes gonna give the other guys a chance once Federer reaches like 36:p, same age as when Agassi retired and he was still in good shape when he did left tennis. If Andre can do it, so can Fed so that's like 10 more years of Fed's Domination of tennis lol :p:D

Rafa also have to put up with him till hes like 30 or 31 lol :p

Lol thats just my silly 10 year forecast

Tsonga Vs Rafa, what a match that would be after Tsonga's performance tonite

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Tsonga Vs Rafa, what a match that would be after Tsonga's performance tonite

Bahhhh, Tsonga's had a good run but it has to end now that he's facing Rafa next. I'm really confident that Rafa will win. I reckon another epic Roger/Rafa grand slam final is on its way.

Oh, and a random thing I noticed today is.. Mikhail Youzhny looks so much like Justin Timberlake!! lol.

Roger defeats the last American in the Open Blake in straight sets :D:D

So were finally down to four players

Roger's next victim, the number 3 player in the world

nole.jpg

Lmao, davydenko?!? Jude Law?!? Errr... no!!! Haha, you crazy.

Well, I wanted Blake to win, but it was pretty clear it would be a tough ask. Oh oh, i'm actually going to be cheering for Fed in his next match! I want him to beat Novak - go Roger!!!!! lol.

Latest posts

Back