Bearded Dragon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senamian

Reaction score
Just because, I want to plague this post with pictures of one special little guy... Jim. :D He is 5 years old, a German Giant/Sandfire cross.

2vvndxz.jpg

I brought him to the pet store one day and caused quite a reaction xD They loved him, and outright told me due to his immaculate look (only missing one toenail, no other missing limbs, no scale rot, no mouth rot and a fiery color to boot!) they told me "if I EVER sold him" to not dip below 500.00... Kind of a cool fact, but, TBH he's priceless to me!

rswn6x.jpg

The first owner went through a bad breakup and they were dividing up the animals, and she rehomed most of them... Including this boy. Since then, he has been mine!

During MY bad breakup I had to rehome him... However I asked them to tell me if they could not keep him so I could have him back. And sure enough, they couldn't keep him. So I took him back, this time practically VOWING to not rehome him. Ever.

My niece stressed him right out, causing parasites - which we defeated (hoorah!) now he is back to his good old self :)

For the record, my niece asked me if she was allowed to touch/hold Jim and I outright told her NEVER again is she allowed to be anywhere near his enclosure, or him. EVER. She risked the well being of my precious pet, there was no way in Hell I'd let that happen again.

5dtfmo.jpg

1zqpspd.jpg

And yes, he eats better than I do :rolleyes2:

207ox8k.jpg

fbjrew.jpg

jip1rs.jpg

Cute buddy:)
Makes me remember my chameleon I had when I was young, a kid.
Seems like you are taking good care of him, that is nice of you;) Continue!

Eve I know right?! lol

Naïve: I've had people ask me to make them food if HIS food looks that good LOL.

YellowCat, thanks :) I intend to get him a larger enclosure, his current one is okay but... Should have seen what I did for my guinea pigs I had. xD I go all out for my pets.

Sci-Fi never heard that one before lol! (Seriously though, I haven't ;p)

ForGranted: Thanks :)

Jim looks awesome, the vehicle pic is funny. Thanks for sharing, I kinda want one now.

I think he should be nominated for MS/MR ALL October 2013 too :D

amazing coloring. very nice.
I used to have 2 that eventually died of old age. they make great pets imho.

I don't have any pics of mine handy to show, but I did find a pic of a beared dragon lady!
images

I've never been good with pets, too self-centered for them. It pretty much made my day to see your pet and, more importantly, how much you love him and care for him, what he means to you, etc. I don't know what the little critter did to be blessed so greatly by your presence, but he's a really lucky guy. Then again, that makes it seem like it's an exception to the "how pets are treated rule."

I'm rambling again. I just want to say, thanks for sharing!

ucxb: haha he is like a dog :p He even pesters people for attention.

Walley: They are awesome pets! And nice picture of a bearded lady LOL

LonelyFairy: Thanks =D

Sai: You are more aware of who you are as a person then lots of people. I've rescue a few animals from people who "thought they were cute and it was an impulse buy because EVERYONE loves animals". But they don't realize they don't have the time, the space or the dsire to care for it.

Like an iguana we rescued, that all vets said to put down. Offended, we did what we could do best. Me with my naturalistic healing (salts, baths, certain foods, etc), and him (friend) with his knowledge of handling dangerous/stressed animals... We got her severe mouth and scale rot down, we got her weight up, and she became the cranky poop that she was -.- To me, if an animal is truly fighting for it's life, why not help it fight? Why force it to give up? But.. That's just me =D

Glad you liked seeing Jim ^^ lol

Aww he looks so sweet. He looked so calm and peaceful and looked like he's smiling there in pic number 4. So cute!

Senamian said:
Like an iguana we rescued, that all vets said to put down. Offended, we did what we could do best. Me with my naturalistic healing (salts, baths, certain foods, etc), and him (friend) with his knowledge of handling dangerous/stressed animals... We got her severe mouth and scale rot down, we got her weight up, and she became the cranky poop that she was -.- To me, if an animal is truly fighting for it's life, why not help it fight? Why force it to give up? But.. That's just me =D

I hate saying something as cliche as this, but, the world needs more people like you. This should be common sense, instead of a one of a kind thing.

ucxb said:
Jim looks awesome, the vehicle pic is funny. Thanks for sharing, I kinda want one now.

I think he should be nominated for MS/MR ALL October 2013 too :D

Aww he is so cute. And his mommy takes such a good care of him. I love that :)

I vote for Jim as MR ALL October :)

Senamian said:
ucxb: haha he is like a dog :p He even pesters people for attention.

That is so awesome !! Why have you not nominated him for MR ALL October 2013? :cool:

Sai: Common sense just isn't so common anymore. I've rescued emaciated guinea pigs, with the start of bumble foot (can be fatal). Poor girl had a UTI too ;( But they got better ^^ It's TLC. Not rocket science. I could never understand how people could let their supposedly beloved animals get that way.

jzinsky, it's hard to find colorful dragons! Unless you buy from a breeder. I saw a white one. I mean a SNOW white one! -so want-

lady: I love how he "smiles" :p Some have a grumpy look lol. He only has that when really pissed off... Or when I wake him up x.x

Grace: Thanks :p

Rainy and ucxb: Ok ok.... lol :p

Latest posts

Back