Been wearing the same clothes every day for two months

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
Dark blue like slim sweats. Like ivory color hoody. And a black down vest. Been wearing that now every day for over two months now.

Ya know, it would be one thing if you said jeans and a plain t shirt with a jacket, but sweats...really?

Yeah why? Whats so crazy? You know the slim style sweats. Everyone wears them anyway. Funny I am saying whats so crazy. Wow!!

Restless soul said:
Yeah why? Whats so crazy? You know the slim style sweats. Everyone wears them anyway. Funny I am saying whats so crazy. Wow!!

It doesn't matter what kind of sweats they are. You tend to sweat in them. People must know you're coming when you're three miles away.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
Dark blue like slim sweats. Like ivory color hoody. And a black down vest. Been wearing that now every day for over two months now.

Ya know, it would be one thing if you said jeans and a plain t shirt with a jacket, but sweats...really?

Because unless you are coming from the gym every time you go to Starbucks (which I don't think you are) it's still sweat pants.  If you are trying to make a good impression (which I think you are, when looking at all your posts), you need to not wear sweats all the **** time.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:

Because unless you are coming from the gym every time you go to Starbucks (which I don't think you are) it's still sweat pants.  If you are trying to make a good impression (which I think you are, when looking at all your posts), you need to not wear sweats all the **** time.
Well apparently I am not trying or caring to much about my apperance if I am wearing the same clothes every day. Of course.  That is why I posted. To air the issue. And sweats actually believe it or not are common as daily dress as casual look for peole not even going to the gym.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:

Well apparently I am not trying or caring to much about my apperance if I am wearing the same clothes every day. Of course.  That is why I posted. To air the issue. And sweats actually believe it or not are common as daily dress as casual look for peole not even going to the gym.
By your thinking if i was trying to look my best than I would not wear the same clothes

If it were jeans and a plain t-shirt, you could pull it off, but not sweats and a hoodie every day. People know....

May I suggest you switch it up for khakis and a plain shirt and then get a jacket? That would work too, but I hope you have more than ONE outfit. If you find a shirt or pants you like, by all means, wear them, but at least do yourself a favor and get a few of the same kind in different colors so at least you look a little different each day.

TheRealCallie said:
If it were jeans and a plain t-shirt, you could pull it off, but not sweats and a hoodie every day.  People know....

May I suggest you switch it up for khakis and a plain shirt and then get a jacket?  That would work too, but I hope you have more than ONE outfit.  If you find a shirt or pants you like, by all means, wear them, but at least do yourself a favor and get a few of the same kind in different colors so at least you look a little different each day.

I can only do it it seems when I have the opportunity to meet someone ( usually a woman ) out of my neighborhood.  Otherwise I don't.  What do you make of it??

TheRealCallie said:
What you don't seem to get is that every time you leave your home, you have an opportunity to meet someone.

I know. But partially the reason why I say in my area I keep wearing the same clothes is just that " affraid of seeing and meeting someone I don't want to. Which is highly likely in my area

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
What you don't seem to get is that every time you leave your home, you have an opportunity to meet someone.

I know. But partially the reason why I say in my area I keep wearing the same clothes is just that " affraid of seeing and meeting someone I don't want to. Which is highly likely in my area

I should be worried more about people thinking I am mentally ill for wearing the exact same clothes shouldn't I??

I don't see why you're so worried about this - embrace it. Did Steve Jobs not wear the same outfit daily? Mark Zuckerberg does the same. Lots of people wear the same outfit over and over - it's not an issue until you turn it into one. It does however make you look a bit odd to others so you have a choice - either ignore their comments or work around it - and there's many ways to do this. You could go shopping and find things you like then just buy the same thing in slightly different colors - either way it's the same outfit. I've been wearing the same things for 20 years like identical socks and if I need to change underwear I replace not one pair but 20 at the same time so they're all the same. I buy different colors but the item is the same and it works. People consider it a bit odd but the comfort it gives me outweighs this

PS79 said:
I don't see why you're so worried about this - embrace it.  Did Steve Jobs not wear the same outfit daily?  Mark Zuckerberg does the same.  Lots of people wear the same outfit over and over - it's not an issue until you turn it into one.  It does however make you look a bit odd to others so you have a choice - either ignore their comments or work around it - and there's many ways to do this.  You could go shopping and find things you like then just buy the same thing in slightly different colors - either way it's the same outfit.  I've been wearing the same things for 20 years like identical socks and if I need to change underwear I replace not one pair but 20 at the same time so they're all the same.  I buy different colors but the item is the same and it works.  People consider it a bit odd but the comfort it gives me outweighs this
Well lets not compare myself to jobs and zuckerburg. They had thier outfits that was unique to them. They did change it up outside certain eenvironments. But they are doing it for very different reasons I suspect. I listed the reasons why I think I do it.  And it would not be considered healthy by anyone if they read it. So obviously i am not bragging about it here because I think its hip and cool. I see it more of some straight jacket and a sorta way to hide or mourn as sad as that sounds. I am trying to break free from this cycle

Steve job was doing it because it became his trademark look.
Not out of fears,anxiety. Worried about who he will see that day? About having bad thoghts or a bad day associated with wearing something new

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Or maybe it's being afraid to meet someone at all. Anyone. You keep throwing excuses out there. You complain about it, yet you prove right here that you aren't really trying. There are bad eggs everywhere, doesn't matter what area you are in. Hell, even good people get into trouble sometimes. You can't help that and you shouldn't try to control all that. Talk to people, make an effort.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

I should be worried more about people thinking I am mentally ill for wearing the exact same clothes shouldn't I??

I would say too lazy to make an effort or just odd.

You are very quick to jump to anything mental illness. Why is that? Do you WANT to have a mental illness to explain away all your issues?

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Or maybe it's being afraid to meet someone at all.  Anyone.  You keep throwing excuses out there.  You complain about it, yet you prove right here that you aren't really trying.  There are bad eggs everywhere, doesn't matter what area you are in.  Hell, even good people get into trouble sometimes.  You can't help that and you shouldn't try to control all that.  Talk to people, make an effort.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

I would say too lazy to make an effort or just odd.

You are very quick to jump to anything mental illness. Why is that?  Do you WANT to have a mental illness to explain away all your issues?

No, but it is a category here. And I know we have a very knowledgeable and supportive community. And I like to hear thier reasons for an issue I think I have that can have manifested from living a very, isolated and lonley life.

bleed_the_freak said:
TheRealCallie said:

+1 good point

It's deeper than that..I feel a negativity wherever I go. 
And its stronger for me in my neighborhood. Maybe because I been alone and sad here more than any other area. Met and had bad experiences with people here more recently than anywhere else. I know a lot of it has to do with just not being in a happy place and feeling secure. That is obvious to you callie

You're right, it is obvious to me from what you write, but that doesn't mean I'm correct. I can just base an opinion on what I read. But with the negativity, I think you are projecting your own negativity out to other people. Maybe you are afraid to try to connect with people in your area because of bad experiences, but if you let those experiences hold you back, then you won't get anywhere, regardless of where you are.

TheRealCallie said:
You're right, it is obvious to me from what you write, but that doesn't mean I'm correct.  I can just base an opinion on what I read.  But with the negativity, I think you are projecting your own negativity out to other people.  Maybe you are afraid to try to connect with people in your area because of bad experiences, but if you let those experiences hold you back, then you won't get anywhere, regardless of where you are.
Thanks for understanding.  And I am not getting anywhere. 
That is the unfortunate part

I've been lurking on this thread a little bit, and it seems like you're wearing your own "uniform" as a statement to express your identity, and it's an identity of sadness, unhappiness and insecurity. If that perception is accurate at all, wearing that same outfit is akin to embracing unhappiness.

constant stranger said:
I've been lurking on this thread a little bit, and it seems like you're wearing your own "uniform" as a statement to express your identity, and it's an identity of sadness, unhappiness and insecurity.  If that perception is accurate at all, wearing that same outfit is akin to embracing unhappiness.

Close. If you really analyze it. Makes some sense. That life feeling like the movie groundhog day movie. A little ocd. 
A little sexual frustration, or shall I say a ton. And this is the result

Restless soul said:
constant stranger said:
I've been lurking on this thread a little bit, and it seems like you're wearing your own "uniform" as a statement to express your identity, and it's an identity of sadness, unhappiness and insecurity.  If that perception is accurate at all, wearing that same outfit is akin to embracing unhappiness.

Close. If you really analyze it. Makes some sense. That life feeling like the movie groundhog day movie. A little ocd. 

So you post these threads to get opinions on what might be the problem, yet you are so sure you already know the problem.  The fact of the matter is that you have no clue what's wrong with you or even if there is anything wrong with you other than some depression.  If you want to know what you have, go see a professional and stop self diagnosing yourself based on a few symptoms that could be a million things.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
constant stranger said:

So you post these threads to get opinions on what might be the problem, yet you are so sure you already know the problem.  The fact of the matter is that you have no clue what's wrong with you or even if there is anything wrong with you other than some depression.  If you want to know what you have, go see a professional and stop self diagnosing yourself based on a few symptoms that could be a million things.
No. This is the perfect forum. A great helathy outlet. To discuss this issue as well as others. Why not? I know a bit of why I do it. Afterall who knows themsleves better than themsleves. Someone else here posted that he does something similair. I was curious to what and why he does it. He never replied. But I would have loved to known why. So I post here to relate to others converse with others. Solve issues with others.

Posting here for opinions is fine and perfectly understandable, but while you start out asking what people think, you go on the defensive and argue with those who tell you it's likely NOT what you think it is. But a forum, regardless of what kind of forum, can't diagnose your problems or even solve them for you. Only a professional can diagnose you and only you can solve your problems.
Yes, we can give opinions and advice, but we aren't professionals, we aren't you.

Latest posts

Back