Befriend your dark emotions.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am involved in this stuff, with my approach of choice falling within what is called Insight meditation (vipàssana, 'seeing clearly). It probably consists in objectivizing every little vibration that arises and dissolves, deconstructing the solidity of reality, breaking it into tiny pieces and seeing them clearly to the point that you 'get', in some very physical and profound way, that all sensation that constitute reality don't last for the brink of a second, they never satisfy, and ain't you (these are the three secrets the OP was talking about). The goal of this practice is to let the sense of I fade to its extinction, solving the fundamental problem as well all the superficial. Its means is watchfulness of the mental phenomenon and the way it is brought about may consists in a set of very powerful tools.
I find the way it was presented here a little sentimental and unpractical though, lacking a systematic and scientific explanation that clearly defines what you should do. It's easy to think about befriending your dark emotions, but when you actually lie on your couch and try to do it you realize you don't know how and probably even what. Imagine sitting somewhere befriending your emotions, what do you do? I myself that have some (even very limited) experience with disentangling and breaking down mental phenomena wouldn't have a clue.

It's actaully easier than you think. Once you get to higher awearness.

We have thoughts and feelings. We are not our thoughts and feelings.
You'll stop identifying yourself as you emotions or separate yourself
of your emotions.

So playing with your own emotions is simply just that.
Think of it as just rolling your emotion in your hands.
You dont take it so seriously anymore....becuase you're just playing
with it.

You can do a simple exercise with a physical object.
(So that you might visually see it)
Roll the object in your hand, grip it, feel the texture of it....ect
Then drop it out of your hand anytime you choose.
THE POWER of CHIOCE.

You can also put 3 coins on a table...
Then pyhsically remove the coin one at a time.
This exercise will aslo teach you to desolve negative thoughts and emotions.(or whatever emotions)

So it's kindda like flushing honeysuckle down the fucken toilet.
honeysuckle stinks..man
Do you actaully disect and try to figure out honeysuckle???
No you dont...
You flush it away, dont really give a rats ass where it gose and forget about it.lol
It's the same principle.

The more you become awear of this...as negative thoughts and emotions
pops into your awearness...you'll simply allow yourself to play it...becuase it's just your
emotions(nothing serious). It's just a mental loop your mind gose into.
You also know you can stop playing the game in your head anytime you want.
Weather you're repsonding or reacting to your emotions.
You stop hating, judging or rejecting yourself.
You stop thinking there's something morbidly wrong with you.
Self acceptence......

Some people say... Give it to god. (all your worrys, pains...ect)
The MECHANICS of your mind doing this is the same.
You're letting go.

Then you apply the same principle internally with your
thoughts and emotions.

It just takes a little practice.

If you're embracing your painful emotions.
(which is the same as embracing your dark emotions)
Some term this as holistic healing.
You simply dive into your emotions.
You'll feel your pains...ect...but it's kind of transparent
or like clouds...It lacks substance.
You'll go through it as if you're flying through a cloud.lol

It like that saying....Welcome your fears Then fears will run away...becuase fear is a fraidy cat.lol

I can certainly concur with the original post. I do believe that I would miss my loneliness if ever it were taken away, and probably be frightened without it.

Haunted by songs, including the one I was named after. Humans hide what is ugly, and hide from what is ugly. What you describe. So very thick are the veils of perception, and only so much can be explained. Words are black and white, perceptions full color. The mysterious way things come together, and for what cause? Intrigues me. Sorrow, Solitude, Pessimism, owning up to ones shadow? Nostalgic interlude, a warm fire, so very cold. half-hearted existence, reality overrun, password is power. Intensions cast aside, like seeds that cannot grow on highways to hell. nothing is as it seems, and things have a way of turning out how they ought not.

Latest posts

Back