Behold, for I am a charlatan!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diamond-dancer said:
How strange riding on the bus can be! During peak times we’re all crammed in together like sardines... everyone is rubbing up against one another. We’re sharing air, warmth, sometimes even sweat. If you’re unlucky, you may be exposed to someone else’s undesirable bodily odours. People are tired. Their heads bump into your shoulder as they momentarily nod off. Is there nothing more intimate that sleeping next to someone? It IS when they’re at their most vulnerable, is it not?

I thought this was pretty cool when I stumbled on it one day...

Later on in the video some of the other passengers really started getting into it :)

Myself, when I was going to college in a pretty big city (population about 1 million), I would take the bus to school in the morning (classes at 1:00pm, I usually started the bus and then the train trip just after the morning rush hour) but in the evening I would either stay at school for a couple extra hours doing my lab/class work till well after the evening rush died out, or I would walk for two hours through the city to get home... I tried the sardine can thing once and it completely freaked me out, so I never got on a train or bus at that hour again. Part of the reason would probably be because I never lived in a city till I was 19... I felt like we were cattle on a train to a slaughterhouse... I could smell sweat, perfume, bad breath, and all kinds of strange smells assaulting me... It was a really warm day too, so it was stifling on the train, and there were people touching me on all sides cause there was no room at all. I don't mind public transportation, but I'll walk through an entire city before I'll get on a bus or train during rush hour... I enjoyed the walk anyway cause the city has a scenic bike trail that runs all the way through it. There used to be beavers near this spot along the river, and I'd sit and watch them or the ducks, sometimes for an hour... I'm just a solitary person... perhaps not an island, but a lot of the time I'd have to say I'm at least a peninsula.

Couldn't watch that video for some reason...I had a very random and amusing encounter with a kid who jumped onto my train in Paris with a stereo and started singing and dancing about. Then on future trips sometimes I could hear the music in the distance and knew that he was on a neighbouring train/platform doing his thing.

I have been on some of the most crowded trains in crowded train history!

Oh, and city walks are marvellous!

Lost in the Oilfield said:
I thought this was pretty cool when I stumbled on it one day...

Later on in the video some of the other passengers really started getting into it :)

Myself, when I was going to college in a pretty big city (population about 1 million), I would take the bus to school in the morning (classes at 1:00pm, I usually started the bus and then the train trip just after the morning rush hour) but in the evening I would either stay at school for a couple extra hours doing my lab/class work till well after the evening rush died out, or I would walk for two hours through the city to get home... I tried the sardine can thing once and it completely freaked me out, so I never got on a train or bus at that hour again. Part of the reason would probably be because I never lived in a city till I was 19... I felt like we were cattle on a train to a slaughterhouse... I could smell sweat, perfume, bad breath, and all kinds of strange smells assaulting me... It was a really warm day too, so it was stifling on the train, and there were people touching me on all sides cause there was no room at all. I don't mind public transportation, but I'll walk through an entire city before I'll get on a bus or train during rush hour... I enjoyed the walk anyway cause the city has a scenic bike trail that runs all the way through it. There used to be beavers near this spot along the river, and I'd sit and watch them or the ducks, sometimes for an hour... I'm just a solitary person... perhaps not an island, but a lot of the time I'd have to say I'm at least a peninsula.

Latest posts

Back