Being Honest: Volume 1 (Long read)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Poet

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

So my last big revelation was admitting to the fact that I actually can be attracted to human beings. I admitted I like girls. I suppose given how awful I feel, its the perfect time to force myself to open up more about who I am.

I really feel like I'm a bit selfish here. I'm obviously a lonely person just like many of us. I also have this issue where I get my feelings confused really easily.

I've mentioned to some of you that I don't really like talking to males, its true. I have nothing personal against them. I'm just not usually a fan of talking to them. Though, I have met some males that I enjoy talking to on this site. :)

Anyways, I have this issue where all a girl has to do is be nice to me to develop feelings for her. To be honest, If you are female, I have probably had feelings for you at some point. I feel like such a horrible person for this. It gets awfully confusing to figure out whether my feelings are true, or just the product of a female giving me a little attention.

I realize its just because of my low self esteem. I feel awful about it, but at the same time, I feel kinda good about it. I feel good about it because I can see the good in people. I love talking to people and trying to help them see the things they can't.

Of course, given my low self esteem, when it backfires, I rip myself apart. My therapist told me something that is so true. I can only give to others what I've given to myself. I haven't given myself the love and support that I need, so I really can't do that to anyone else.

I love how much I care about everyone of you. I've listened to the things you've shared with me and even felt like crying before. I want to take away all of your troubles. I really do. I have to realize I can't and I'm just as human as anyone else.

I'm way to hard on myself, I always have been. The second I hurt any of you, I hurt. I hurt so bad. You have no idea. At the same time, I'm really being selfish to each and every one of you. I want you all to like me and accept me.

The truth is, I really don't know who I am. I've always tried to be what people wanted from me. Obviously it hasn't worked out the best. I'm trying though. All my cutting tools have been given away, I actually wrote that poem where I forgave myself (HUGE DEAL) and I'm trying to learn about me as a person.

So from the bottom of my heart. I care about you all, but at the same time, I'm sorry for being so selfish. (hug)

You're not selfish, but sometimes you need to be. (hug)

Also, have this picture of a toucan:

toucan.jpg

Rephrase it to....
LOVE YOURSELF FIRST AS YOU WOULD LOVE OTHERS.

approval and praise seeking is also unhealty.
its totally backwards to my old ideas and beliefs.
I have a built in sense of belonging and to be accepted.
Hiwever not to the point of being a pond, doormate
or a pretzel...something i must be reminded of.

Guilt...
decisions made from feelongs of guilt.
Forgiving myself helps remove some of that
guilt..
Sometimes i gotta sit still or on my hands to
feel those guity feelings or obswrve my respones
to guikt. What triigers guikt.

Guikty feelings of loving yourself?

what barb said (hug) you're a good person i hope you find what you're searching for since i think you do deserve the best

You remind me a lot of myself.

I know exactly how you feel about males. I don't like them either. For me I think it was because I was bullied as a child by all the boys but the girls were always very nice to me.

And I used to have feelings for all of my female friends too, at one point or another. I'd always want to help them with their problems. So I think as a consequence of being a hormonal teenager developing a close relationship with so many girls. I was bound to fall for them all.

Latest posts

Back