Being myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnotherDude

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post. I'm glad to have finally found something like this. We have all had our ups and our downs but I have to say when you hit rock bottom it's the worst feeling of your life. In my life I have pushed away anyone that I loved or anyone who has tried to love me. I couldn't tell you why but I found myself in that place...(if you have been there you know what I'm talking about.) but in that time I found myself. It forced me to look inside myself and see who I am. I found that people are nasty, people will do anything to make themselves look better. If you stand in a person's way, you are stamped as a fag or anything else. But that isn't the point, when I was in the darkness I realized that you don't need anyone. Yeah I love my friends and my girl means a lot to me but in the end it's seems to me that they are the ones in the ways of my goals. I'm not saying isolate yourself from society but take a step back from your life and think is this bettering myself? I don't want anyone to get the the place I was so just let everything out.

Yeah, I hear you. The point, I guess, is just to surround yourself with positive people. Don't surround yourself with selfish people or people who bring you down. I think it's human nature to be selfish. I mean, you are self, why wouldn't you be selfish? At the end of the day people aren't going to do much for you, even your friends. A lot of relationships are very artificial, something I've learned over the years. The trick is to figure out which ones are meaningful and which ones aren't. If you can separate the two you'll do fine.

Yes don't let people compromise your dreams. For they are all you have.

I thought people who stand in your ways of your goals are not the people whom deserve to be in your life cos they cannot even give you the slightest support who are so often critical to achieving your goals. Not too sure why they are like that though.

Welcome to ALL.

Being surrounded by some negative people does me good. It tells me what I might have if I don't try x] [Random response to someone who posted somewhere]

That's the thing, people on this forum have negative stuff that has happened in their life but posting in this forum sometimes means they are looking to act and improve their situations. So I get more motivated to make the best out of my life, too :)

Welcome to the forum :)

JustAnotherDude said:
Yeah I love my friends and my girl means a lot to me but in the end it's seems to me that they are the ones in the ways of my goals.

I used to think this way.

As someone who habitually pushes away anyone that gets close enough, I've come to realize this: I only have myself to blame for not reaching my goals.

It's a balance-act. Choose wisely who you surround yourself with. However, complete social withdrawal (in my experience) only back-fires. Does no good to be alone with yourself if you are your own worst enemy.

One of these days, I'll learn.

Does no good to be alone with yourself if you are your own worst enemy.
well said! :)
I hope you don't mind if I borrow that quote sometime.

I find that happens to me all the time. whenever I get down and withdraw at all, or others withdraw from me.. I find myself sinking deeper and deeper wallowing in my own self pity.
but a 10min convo with the right person can completely turn it around.

yes, people suck. and there are alot of unworthy "freinds" out there.
just remember not to paint everyone with the same brush. no 2 people are the same or think the same or act the same no matter how much we try to sterotype everyone.

Latest posts

Back