Being one of the "unlucky ones"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HappyYogi said:
You said it perfectly Tina. Feeling like you are on the "edge" of people's lives. I feel that all the time.

It is a horrible feeling, isn't it? I go to reading groups and a French group, and yet to most of the others (from their conversations) these groups are little diversions from their partners and children ie from their real lives. For me, these groups are all I have.

I am still dealing with things that have dragged me into the dirt all of my life. things have finally gotten better but some people have worst cards dealt to them than others. My life was Hell not just because of Anxiety/depression/etc... but I was stuck with those cards just like you have the ones dealt to you. It's not the cards you have, Sweetie, it is how you play them.
The thing is, in life you can't let "Destiny" or your " Purpose" find you. YOU have to MAKE and discover a Purpose for yourself. Search and fulfill your own Destiny. You said that some people aren't meant to find love, friends, etc. I agree, it is hard. It's very depressing. Trust me, I know. But it isn't your "luck" or anything "given" to you that controls that. So many things can fall into place that can probably hold you back from the things you desire or want that you are trying to hard for. I know, same honeysuckle that I am going through because I have Severe Anxiety and I freak out with Panic attacks on a regular basis. You just can't sit back and let your purpose look for you and call it unlucky and that is what you're destined for. You need to make your own.
*hugs* I know it gets you down because I feel it so many times. It's so depressing and makes you lose all motivation and all hope in even trying. If you ever need someone to help "pick you up", my username is to the left. Don't give in to the holdbacks.

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
I am still dealing with things that have dragged me into the dirt all of my life. things have finally gotten better but some people have worst cards dealt to them than others. My life was Hell not just because of Anxiety/depression/etc... but I was stuck with those cards just like you have the ones dealt to you. It's not the cards you have, Sweetie, it is how you play them.
The thing is, in life you can't let "Destiny" or your " Purpose" find you. YOU have to MAKE and discover a Purpose for yourself. Search and fulfill your own Destiny. You said that some people aren't meant to find love, friends, etc. I agree, it is hard. It's very depressing. Trust me, I know. But it isn't your "luck" or anything "given" to you that controls that. So many things can fall into place that can probably hold you back from the things you desire or want that you are trying to hard for. I know, same honeysuckle that I am going through because I have Severe Anxiety and I freak out with Panic attacks on a regular basis. You just can't sit back and let your purpose look for you and call it unlucky and that is what you're destined for. You need to make your own.
*hugs* I know it gets you down because I feel it so many times. It's so depressing and makes you lose all motivation and all hope in even trying. If you ever need someone to help "pick you up", my username is to the left. Don't give in to the holdbacks.
I always like how people tell you it is how you play your cards in life. Well if you are given a 2, a 4, a 6, an 8, and a 10 each with a different suite. No matter how you look at it that hand is nothing The only person you can beat is that person who's highest card is a 9 in a similar hand. The best way to win with a hand like this is to fold, fold, fold, fold, fold and the bluff the honeysuckle out of people and hope they are not smart enough to pick up on it.

@AFrozenSoul
I wasn't implying that no one gets shitty cards. I know ALOT of people get messed up hands and you have to do what you need to in order to stay in the game (life whatever). All I was pretty much trying to get at is that a person doesn't have to play by the rules of so called destiny or Fate or whatever. Not to give into that and to play HIS cards with HIS rules and to stay in the game, not to just quit if he loses a round. Just giving him some encouragement not to give up on anything he desires or wants.

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:

I love how you said that, and I agree with you.

VanillaCreme said:
Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:

I love how you said that, and I agree with you.
Thanks. I had to learn it myself as well.

When it comes to relationships, I am one of the cursed ones too.

No matter how hard I tried, it never worked out.

What bothered me the most is when the person comes back several months or years later and says "i think i messed up with you" (and this happened as recent as last year).

It is like they were blinded to all the little things I did with effort and then turn around and say how much they missed it.

Because of my black and white thinking pattern of if it did not work the first time why would it work the second time, I never (except twice in my life) date someone again even though we were still friends afterwards.

@Blue_Eyed_Symphony: The problem with this chunk of advice is it brews isolation. If you are playing with 10 people and make up your own rules, while the other these people are fine with the standard ones, they will just stop playing with you.

As for not giving up, well when you run out of money you are no longer welcome at a card table. Plus, just like always winning gets boring always losing is a recipe for suicide.

I know people are not being literal here, but life is not a card game. It is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more varied and important and interesting than that. Or it can be. So 'don't give up hope', I think, is what most people are saying here.

"Life is like a poker game. We live with the cards life dealt us. Some people are born with a royal flush. Others are born with a toilet flush."
- me

blackdot said:
"Life is like a poker game. We live with the cards life dealt us. Some people are born with a royal flush. Others are born with a toilet flush."
- me

^^ That's a great analogy! lmao

Latest posts

Back