being serious

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satans Glory

Reaction score
ok i know i am new and all but i was just wondering 1 thing:

can you guys take everyone serious on this forum?

i don't mean to cause fights on this forum but i was wondering if anyone would say that you, person A can't possibly take person B serious because he acts an idiot.

just wondering people.

If you read people's posts you get a sense of who they are and what their style is.

I think most people who post here speak honestly to one another.

There's a bit of sarcasm and ironic wit sometimes. So get a sense of humor.

With such topics as depression and being lonely, I think it is good to have some fun as well.
I have taken all serious subjects as genuine, haven't been here long, but have noticed some posters seem to try lighten the mood with humour. I think that is a good thing if done with tact.

yeah like Cat say ...lighten up a little.
Seriously i don't take myself too serious.

I think learning to laugh about myself is healing.
Being light hearted lowers stress.
I chose to be this way for reasons....I thought I was going to have a heart attack oneday at work being
serious all the **** time.

Most of my horse playing is done in the chat room.
I dont think people take me too seriouse when I'm in there.
If I really need to talk to someone about private matters or some serious issues, I'll simply
go into private chat or PM.

Sometimes irony doesn't travel too well via the internet, but I think luciddisconnect is right: reading other posts helps you get a sense of a person's style. It can be difficult to talk about serious subjects subjects at length and a little comic relief is welcome, I find.

i think you have to figure out the individual personalities of people by reading their seperate posts in order to know whether or not to take them seriously.

Similar to the above sentiments, depends who's post I'm reading.

At the heart of it all, we're pretty much (98% of us, I'd say) here because we're lonely and wanted some kinship or just a way to wile away the hours and make things easier. And I can respect that because I can relate. So I consider most everyone here to be respectable and human. The exception, of course, being certain inflamatory/dramamonger individuals that shan't be named. But there have been a few of them.

But yeah, depends on the person. For instance, Unacceptance has a disclaimer in his signature for a reason; but the forum wouldn't be the same without him because right when you're about to cry over someone's misery, BOOM, there he is.

Then there's Naleena, sweet and insightful, and Lonesome Crow, who's posts would be good if HE'D USE A PARAGRAPH ARGH

Me, I vary. I might be serious or I might choose to make a sarcastic jibe. Or both at once. I trust others to interpret things properly :p

Latest posts

Back