Being Soical...what has it come to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomact164

Reaction score
At this point in life im trying to imagine to others what being social means, their grasp on it. so far i have seen stuff like this takeing over face to face talk, real emotions instead of stupid little :) faces like that. examples

"this user has 12190383 friends"
**inreality they have probably like 30friends and just add people they go t school with or people like that**

"dude i texted with this girl all last night"
"how do u know it wasnt a her friends messing with you?"
( i love to fresia with people on a psycological level )
** in reallity, he now has her number but really can only text her for th fact that a real conversation, i mean REAL not just in the hallway "hey...hey...whts up...nm i g2g to class now bye"... and does not know a single bit about her emotions nor life, he might know her Personality a little at most.**

"im going out with blah blah blah blah blah blah"
** in reality they probably just talk online alot and go to movies an make out know there, ya i accually know people in REALITY and who they truely are. and i met him and even hung out with him, his name is blah blah and he i can say is a ******. he cant hold a conversation for more then like 30seconds, he is dumb as a doorknob, he acts big but i remind him who he is with ease ( ima mastermind haha ) and he truly is a dick to everyone, i want to ask her why she goes out with him to see her view, i might tomarrow**

ok these are just examples

ima a good judge of character, read body language with ease, and listen to the person talk to get whts really going on inside their head, try to see something we can relate to together. great and fun skills to have.

but ya back to my question of "Being Soical...what has it come to"

well i think texts are awesome for like..."we are going blah blash u wanna go?" "sure"....not for like a whole conversation or an excusse of being able to "talk"

i see more kids become indoor people and IMing and texing to have a feel of a social life. so ya i want ur opinoin on wht being social has come to.

Btw, i hate high school parties, to many ********,drugs, drinking, stupid ********. ya i stay clean and lik to meet people on my own.

I agree.
Text messaging, instant messaging and emails have replaced good old fashion vocal communication.

I am one of those who prefer the electronic communication. It is the less fearful way of communicating. Weak, I know. I have been heard saying "Vocal communication is overrated, email/text/IM is where "it's" at". Of course, this was just justification for my failings as a social being.

But I am not as bad as you describe in your post. You have to have friends or friendly acquaintances for that and I have none. I do show signs of hope, though. When I do become somewhat close to a person, i do become more vocal although I often regret.

I don't know that I fulfilled the purpose of this thread. It was more of a rant than a structured response. Hopefully someone can gleam something from it though.

It's just inneracting with people.

Social groups.
Your family your friends,your collegue, your co-workers, your religion, gangs, clubs, your personal relationship...etc
All of these social groups will pull you. Sometimes you'll loose yourself in social groups.

In the USA..we're raise to have the singleness or being special.
That's why some are nasisus dickheads. Crazy off the wall competitions that get out of hands sometime.
Too many fucken wanna be cheifs and not enough indians.
Nothing more than playing a chidish game of king of the hill.

BALANCE is good.

Lmao...I don't even have a cell phone that can text.
I get phone calls from people all the time. I like to hear vioces at least.
I have my PC at home and that's plenty of time looking at the screen.

I like it the skin to skin..:p
I like to have that face to face interactions. Eye to eye contacts inneractions.
Doing activities....it stimulate me more.
FFS...man when I was a kid. All the kids went outside to play street football or flag football.
none of this Wii honeysuckle.

I actaully know how to play the freaken six string to play in the band....not just pressing 4 buttons on a vedio game consel..:p

I've been getting more active. I go to my meetings every nite and socialize after, everyday.
I don't drink or use drugs anymore. Meetings give me an alternative place to socialize
instead of going to happy hours.

In meetings i also get to share...sometimes at gut level and very, very serious issues.
Other times...I'll just share what's going on inside of me or how my day went.
This helps me to be able to overcome my fears of talking to people and being honest...face to face.
In other words, I'm more open and I learn to listen to others as will.
It helps me to get inneractive with people without tripping out...lol
In other words...just be myself in the moment.

My support groups...allows me to be in a group without losing myself or my identity.
At the sametime I'm also learning how to co-exist with others without a competition enivorment.
The teaching I get is about FREEDOM....lots and lots of patience, love, tolerance too.
A LIVE and let LIVE enviorment.

No, i don't like everyone in my support groups and I don't hang with them...that's okay too.
I don't have to like everyone nor get alone with everyone...(this perverse my self-identity) and
also seperate my support groups from Cults.
Yes...recovery groups has it's effect in my life and I was an indiviual.... In a positive way. (to me..i hope).

I've also been cutting back on my meetings attendance. I feel I was getting in a little bit too deep
in my recovery groups or i felt like I was starting to loose myself.

ALL (this forum) represents that type of environment.

yes...everyonce in a while there's trouble with indiviuals within and without of my support groups.

I'm also getting out more often...such as participating in event available in my area.
I don't do it for the sake of trying to be cool (becuase i know I'm cool :p) or trying to impress people
or keeping a tab on it...lol

Sometimes I still like to enjoy time alone away from humans...I inneract with nature or myself.
I inneract with my Higher Power....my spiritaulality.
Other types of relationships or inneractions...such as having a pet.

My motive is more from trying to get WELL or BEING WELL.

I used to be a social drinker too..lol
How the hell do you mean..I'm going to blahh..blahh hit on this chick or that chick ?
I'll just wake up the next morning with Goldey Locks in my bed or whatever the hell her face is. I don't remember hitting on her.

I used to think I was a mind reader too.
Today..that's just a waste of my time and energy to figure people out.

I also know...I can ***** and complain about what other people do and don't do, It won't change anything in my life.
If I don't wish to paricipate in what I deem as unhealthy activities..then it's just a simple chioce.
I don't consider myself a social outcase. As I mentioned above....there's verious social groups I can participate in.

This dosn't give me an excuse to not paticipate in my life. I can chose to do this too. It took a heavy toll on me.
I did the not participating in my life. This I term as ISOLATION :p (live and learn...live and learn)
However, I'm in no posistion to judge anyone...(beside that's just bullshit that gose on in my head) if people chose
to live life of sulitute, found peace and happiness.

I've actaully only lived alone for around 6 months in my entire life. I've always had people around me.
Even in my isolation...I still had my family around me.

I went through a long term relationship break up and then my other GF died.
I think i was grieving for the most part...which involved anit-social behaviors.

I need or want sometype of social contacts with people.

Latest posts

Back