Being the other man...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkey_shirt

Reaction score
When you've left your wife, ruined her and the kids' life's. And your new woman (who you work with) won't leave her husband.....

It's a bit honeysuckle really...

She's cheating on her husband? Well, I follow a simple rule when it comes to cheaters... If they did it to them, they'll do it to you. But perhaps, maybe you deserve that heartache for the heartache you cause your children. You reap what you sow.

I really have a hard time coming up with any sympathy for someone who is trying their best to destroy someones marriage.

Minus said:
I really have a hard time coming up with any sympathy for someone who is trying their best to destroy someones marriage.

Not only wants to destroy someone else's marriage, BUT tore apart their own. I find it hard as well.

VanillaCreme said:
Not only wants to destroy someone else's marriage, BUT tore apart their own. I find it hard as well.

Yeah maybe if he tried living a little more honorably he wouldn't have these problems.

Both are equally at fault imo. I suggest that you take a hard look at this person you destroyed your life (and others) for and ask yourself why you thought she was worth it, because she OBVIOULSY isn't.
Learn a good lesson from all this and try not to repeat such a massive mistake again.

Of course the one he is cheating with is not blameless but that still does not justify his actions and to whine because she don't leave her husband for him.

EveWasFramed said:
Well, I hope he feels worse about destroying his family than the fact that he didnt get the other girl. :-s

You would hope so but then if you felt bad about what you did to your family, would you be so anxious to try to do the same to another family and complain because you weren't causing the degree of destruction that you intended?

Minus said:
EveWasFramed said:
Well, I hope he feels worse about destroying his family than the fact that he didnt get the other girl. :-s

You would hope so but then if you felt bad about what you did to your family, would you be so anxious to try to do the same to another family and complain because you weren't causing the degree of destruction that you intended?

Some people are just incredibly selfish and only care about themselves.
People like that...IMO, are better to forever stay alone and let everyone else be.

I've been there before, though never quite to that extent(never had to harm a family). You've kind of brought it upon yourself, but it still sucks. As they say, you don't exactly choose who you fall in love with.

IgnoredOne said:
As they say, you don't exactly choose who you fall in love with.

I've never liked this notion. Of course we all have the option of not falling for somebody, unless you genuinely believe in love at first sight.

You spend time with this person. You realize you're attracted. This is your first sign it's time to get out. Say you told yourself, "attraction is no biggie". You keep spending time with the person. You realize the person is attracted to you, too. This is the second sign you have to get out. You still decide you can be just friends. You hang out. You realize your feelings are getting very warm for this person- you're not in love, but you know you've developed something more than attraction. This is your third chance to get out. If you do not get out, you cannot say, "It just happened." You have made a deliberate and conscious decision to continue down this path.

nerdygirl said:
IgnoredOne said:
As they say, you don't exactly choose who you fall in love with.

I've never liked this notion. Of course we all have the option of not falling for somebody, unless you genuinely believe in love at first sight.

You spend time with this person. You realize you're attracted. This is your first sign it's time to get out. Say you told yourself, "attraction is no biggie". You keep spending time with the person. You realize the person is attracted to you, too. This is the second sign you have to get out. You still decide you can be just friends. You hang out. You realize your feelings are getting very warm for this person- you're not in love, but you know you've developed something more than attraction. This is your third chance to get out. If you do not get out, you cannot say, "It just happened." You have made a deliberate and conscious decision to continue down this path.

Interesting notions there.
I have gone through the first 2 stages you described there, except the other person is single.

It sucks though when the feelings are not mutual. I should also have pulled out by Stage 1, but didn't.

ugly situation

i'd just cut your losses and get out

"cut your losses"? When you are intentionally trying to destroy someone elses family you are so wrapped up in selfishness and self centeredness that maybe the problem is that you think about yourself too much and just maybe you should have some consideration for the people you are trying to hurt.

Minus said:
"cut your losses"? When you are intentionally trying to destroy someone elses family you are so wrapped up in selfishness and self centeredness that maybe the problem is that you think about yourself too much and just maybe you should have some consideration for the people you are trying to hurt.

This exactly.
It doesn't even matter what you want, what matters is what SHE wants, if she wants to stay with her husband, then there's not a **** thing you can do about that. And as someone who's been the one that has been cheated on and left, I can tell you that it ******* hurts more than you could ever ******* know. You sit there and say that you ruined you wife and children's lives... Do you even care about that? Is it all just a game to you? Leave that woman alone to live her life with the man she married. IF she decides to leave him, that has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry, but what you are doing is despicable.

My name is Bob. said:
There are 2 golden rules you must adhere to when having an affair with a married woman.

1) make sure her husband is not bigger than you, and is not a black belt in origami.

2) Don't get caught.

Stick to these 2 simple rules, and all will be A OK :)

That's the stupidest piece of advice I have ever heard. Why people condone cheating is seriously beyond me.

Latest posts

Back