best driving songs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaede

Reaction score
Does anyone have any favourite songs to listen to while driving? I have a few, but one that always comes to mind is Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty.....driving on the highway on a beautiful summer day with that song playing....I wish it was summer right now!!

Highway Star by Deep Purple is self written although i don't drive much i must admit. Other than that its Metal Thrashing Mad or Summertimes blues Rush cover version that comes to my mind when i think about it.

Nightwatcher said:
Highway Star by Deep Purple

i second that.

i also like mean machine by sugar ray and bad habit by the offspring.

kaede said:
Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty

i havent tried that as a driving song but i will have to because i like that song.

queenwindbaby said:
I Can't Drive 55! But don't know who sings it???
Pedal to the Metal lol
that would be sammy hagar....why oh why do i know that?? sigh.

i actually like that song too. if it came on in the car i'd totally crank up the volume! :)

@edgecrusher: you'll love running down a dream as a driving song, just watch your speed towards the end of the song! :)

another good one is I Stay Away by Alice in Chains. a great "moody" driving song.

maybe i'll make a playlist of all the songs mentioned and go for a drive one night to listen to it!

kaede said:
@edgecrusher: you'll love running down a dream as a driving song, just watch your speed towards the end of the song! :)

another good one is I Stay Away by Alice in Chains. a great "moody" driving song.

maybe i'll make a playlist of all the songs mentioned and go for a drive one night to listen to it!

well i love alice in chains and i love that song so, sounds good to me.

I'm surprised the first one that came up wasn't East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed. It's one of my favorite to listen to while driving.

When I'm driving I want to listen to rnb and slowjam songs like I'm yours, heart breaker, shake it off and your body is a wonder land. Listeni at those song makes me feel at ease while I'm driving.

I really love to listen to the album Maroon by the Bare Naked Ladies. One of the best albums of all time!

PaperDuck87 said:
"Don't stop me now" Queen

holy honeysuckle, I click on here to post the same song.. Awesome aye? :D but that's not exactly my driving song as I don't drive, more like my sing-at-the-top-of-my-lungs-and-do-a-freaky-freddie-dance-imitation-in-my-room song ^^

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild
The Cult - Fire Woman
Concrete Blonde - Heal it Up
Aretha Franklin - Respect
The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone
The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
George Benson - Gimme the Night
A-Ha - Take on Me
Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved?
U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

Latest posts

Back