best lonely song?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallelujah is a **** good song, although I'm surprised people didn't mention Cohen first. I'm partial to the Wainwright version myself.

Now if you want a 'pick me up' lonely song (that's a bit of an oxymoron I guess), I have to go with 'Love of the Loveless' by Eels. Perfect song for walking down a wet Seattle street late at night.

@clumsy: Devotchka is "little girl" in Russian. Just sharing a fun fact that you probably already knew. :p

I'm listenin' to:

[youtube]oFnJ2U_cZ8o[/youtube]

I guess it's not technically a "lonely" song, per se....but for some reason it pumps me up and makes me sad at the same time. Go figure.

"Black Gives Way to Blue" by Alice in Chains

or "Our Hell" by Emily Haines

Those two I always tend to associate with a sense of loss.

This was one of the first threads I ran across (new guy here..fresh from my mothers womb 50 years ago!) and the best loneliness song jumped IMMEDIATELY into my mind. (What's left of it anyway..)

By Chicago
Loneliness is Just a Word (Much better to listen to it,..you'll cry if you let it grow on you.)

You don't know how bad it's been
Since you been gone
Let me tell you how bad it's been
Since you been gone
People speak but I don't hear
Things all around seem to be unclear
I don't know
What will become of the love you turned off
What will become of the need you turned off

Loneliness is just a word
That's very cold
People stare but they don't see
All of the hurt that's inside me
I don't know...I don't know...I don't know

definitely Fiona Apple's I know for me. My heart is crushed every time I hear that song. lol

Vermillion by slipknot not really the best but still It definitely makes me feel alone in the world

Latest posts

Back