Beware! Homosexual! (no this is NOT a defamatory post!)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinzeUK

Reaction score
If only we could have such unerring, fearless and educational information videos like this today, we would be so much better off as a society:

:rolleyes:

kinzeUK said:
If only we could have such unerring, fearless and educational information videos like this today, we would be so much better off as a society:

:rolleyes:

wow.

golly. my golly! speechless.

hahaha fuckin hilarious.
too bad it wasnt ment to be.

people were, are and always will be such sad and ignorant creatures.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What is ignorant is that that video was paid for and made to begin with.

Exactly my point. Although I notice I've had this post removed from "General" which means somebody clearly thought I was being defamatory by making such a thread without realising what I was trying to do :rolleyes:

I also love the fact that according to that video, it is perfectly acceptable and safe for young teenagers to casually hitchhike after school, even if it's just to go a short distance to their home *shakes head

i really really really hope the video was made as a joke.
it cant possibly be ment as a serious informational video can it ??

paulo said:
i really really really hope the video was made as a joke.
it cant possibly be ment as a serious informational video can it ??

Unfortunately Paulo, it was. There are loads of old information (propaganda) videos you can look up on youtube or similar on the perils of drugs, homosexuals, you name it. Also a lot of adverts on tv back in the 50's for example were blatantly sexist/racist/whatever-ist in trying to sell their products. I was looking up these Folger's coffee commercials on a link in youtube from the video I posted. They are hilarious for all the wrong reasons. British comedian Harry Enfield did a brilliant sketch satirising the attitudes displayed towards women in particular back in the old days. I'll post two links for what I've just been talking about:

Folger's coffee commercial:

Harry Enfield sketch:

whahaha the coffee one made me laugh hard :p

( thats pretty harsh, WELL SO IS YOUR COFFEE )

they wrote some great commedy back than.
too bad they didnt know it.

again, too bad it was ment seriously.

whahahahaa I just read a comment on the youtube video that made me laugh even harder.

"This guy isn't especially sexist. He's just an *******."

hilarious... actually quite sad that ppl could be so ignorant but funny at the same time.

I'm surprised that something like that was even made, the denial back then was amazing. Despite the many advancements made in the last century there was also an incredible amount of brainwashing by media, government, and church that simply would not acknowledge deviant/unmentionable behaviors leaving the uninformed (not just kids but their caregivers as well) vulnerable to different situations such as sexual predators, physical, emotional or mental abuse and so on.

Over the span of my lifetime I've seen a huge change in people's perception of the world around them. Abuses (in their various forms) aren't as easily swept under the rug as they were when I was a child. Today's child doesn't grow up with the sense of innocence (or cluelessness, rather) that the kids of my generation had.

I've always said that the one guarantee we have in life is change.

Well, at one point, people believed that smoking was good for you.

The idea that homosexuality will be passed onto other people, and create other homosexuals, is something that still exists. If it didn't, there wouldn't be such a strong reaction against hate crimes and the like. Hate crimes still do exist, and it really isn't funny!

I experienced yesterday that sexism also still exists, via a stranger's interaction with my mother. She tore him a new one, but it just baffles me how ignorant some people are? The guy wasn't old, either...looked around my age.

Latest posts

Back