Beyond a freakin' joke.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolagemma

Reaction score
Okay, so I've posted something like this before, but right now, I'm so angry, I don't really know what to do with myself.

I'm sick to death of people being so ******* rude, and self-absorbed. I don't give a honeysuckle if 'there's always gonna be nasty people out there' why the fresia should there be?

I can't even describe my anger. I am NOT going to be someone's verbal punching bag so that they can feel better about themselves.

I know I'm not the best looking person in the world, or the skinniest. Guess what, I have a mirror. I'm not ******* retarded. You think I really need to you tell me, I'm fat? I'm ugly? That I'm not your personal preference. I tell you now, I ******* don't. You don't think I go a single day, without looking at myself, and thinking about what I'd change?

There's is not one single person out there in this world who would not change something about themselves. Whether it's something big, or the tiniest little detail. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Society has gone way too far, and I'm sick of dealing with it.

Prime example, my younger sister is going to be 13 this coming September. Now, when I was her age, I was still playing with feckin' Barbie or something. Might think it's sad, but fresia it. I had a childhood, I grew up not having to worry about what people thought of my looks, what I'm wearing, if I go out and get my hair done, makeup etc etc. My sister constantly comes home and talks about how her friends have their hair dyed, fake tan, there's even a girl who apparently uses her mother's tanning booth. Probably bullshit, but my point is, why are 12-13 year old girls thinking this is so important? It's shocking. Why is everything in this ******* world linked with looks? My sister thinks she needs to diet, tan, and wear make up. She's the perfect size for her age, yet she won't listen to me, because other girls say different. I'm 19, I have tanned on a few occasions, but mainly on times when I've gone clubbing with friends. I'm far from skinny, and I pretty much need to diet, but I don't. So why should my 12 year old sister have to?

All I have to say is, whether me or other girls similar to me, are your cup of tea or not, why is there a need to be so horrible about it? Just because I like some specific features in men, such as, I quite like a guy with tattoo's. That doesn't mean every guy with no tattoo's is suddenly ugly, and I should tell them that. There is no ******* need for it.

Once someone comes up with insults NOT regarding my weight, or my looks to win an argument, then I will tip my hat to them. The next ****** who even so much as hints at a fat joke, or comment, isn't gonna have any skin left.

rant over.

I guess the real question is...where are the parents? When I was as old as your sister was, that's around when the school bullying began. Social evolution has brought about the obsession with looks...that's where it comes from......it's the human condition.

Tanning brings on wrinkles, blotches and skin cancer. The girls who tan now will be sorry in 30 years. Very sorry.

Some things in life are just the way they are and will never change. Many, many men think with their penis. This is global. It will never go away. Speaking as a male, I look at Reba McEntire and envision her and I in a jacuzzi with her top off, but it's just not in the cards is it?

Believe it or not, there are tons of guys out there who find heavier women very attractive, and not only the ones who can't find a better looking woman or are losers. There are many with a genuine attraction. There are others that don't. These are facts. You cannot change them, so don't let it make you bitter.

There are some heavier women I've seen who I wouldn't kick out of bed for eating crackers. Don't take rejection or develop hatred for others who find heavier women gross. It's just their natural feelings.
You can't change it, so fresia 'em and move on.

I don't care if you are fat, boney, short, tall, or a cannibal, you are a real person with feelings like everyone else and you deserve to be happy in your life. Don't you ever forget that.

I agrree with you that society has gone far too far. People are being made to feel bad just because we don't meet certain criteria laid down largely by the advertising industry and mass media.
One of the reasons why I am glad not to be 13 nowadays is the stress on fake tan/hair dye/nail extensions etc. It is so sad that youngsters are not allowed to be youngsters any more, but are forced into being miniature adults. We are adults for long enough, so why not enjoy being a kid while you are still really young? Hopefully your sister will eventually develop enough confidence to be her own person and to see past all of the fashion industry's and society's pressures to be a certain way.

SophiaGrace said:
Tanning brings on wrinkles, blotches and skin cancer. The girls who tan now will be sorry in 30 years. Very sorry.

+1 I'd never go tanning

It's the way things are now :( all of the media attention the 'famous people' get nowadays is a bad influence, people need to be on fb or bleater & post 40 images a day of themselves for attention don't they

I wonder how bad it will get

It's media for sure. I get tired of it. I think they way it's portrayed for girls to look these days is sickening. If I were a guy I wouldn't want a girl who was skin and bones no curves, fake hair, fake boobs, fake everything for that matter. I'm a curvy girl and the thing I have figured out is to focus on the things you like about yourself. If you don't like your weight try eating smaller portions or doing a little exercise. I wouldn't however change to fit anyone's criteria. If they don't like you for who you are on the inside they are just shallow and not worth your time.

That is just crazy, kids these days. They don't even recommend kids that age use that stuff. There is no need for people to be mean to someone about how they look. Unless it's an issue where it is affecting others, like stinky people in the work place. But there is still a little think called having tact.

Anyone who points out someone and says they are ugly or fat, or too skinny, etc ...it just really shows their character. They might do it because they are bored, have low self esteem, and need to feel better about themselves so they do that. Having a rude mouth is worse than anyones flaws...that's for sure.

I think it is really sad when people put so much importance into looks. Nothing wrong with wanting to look nice, in fact that's good but there's a limit and when you cross that..you can get into some trouble. Like plastic surgeries..people have died from those and they could still be alive if they just accepted themselves. It's sad but there's so much pressure in the world to look "hot". For what? I really don't know.. A guy should like a girl for who she is , not what she looks like.

I'm just sick of being the punch bag you know. I've been bullied all my life. Some days are worse than other's, but all it takes is one twat trying to act funny in front of his mates, and there goes the confidence I've been building back up for weeks. I'm tired of the jokes, or pathetic little comments. Pretty much heard every single fat joke there is in the world, three times over.

Words can't hurt you unless YOU let them. Don't listen to the honeysuckle. There's a saying....what other people think of you is none of your business. It's true, they don't know you, so why listen to anything they have to say about you?

As far as society goes, it has ALWAYS been that way, and most likely always will be. You can't really stop it. As far as image goes, the whole "Oh be as SKINNY as you can and you'll be cool" isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. And also, yes, there are a lot of men out there who think nonskinny women are hotter than skinny women.
When I was 13, I was drinking and doing drugs, so your sister is on a much better path than I had myself on. The tanning, maybe not, but do you honestly know her reasons for doing it? It may be different than what you think.

Join the Elite. Those who are not brain-washed into following stupid social interests. You're your own person. You need not be like everyone else. You can still be happy too! Just shrug off stuff from the downers. You don't need to take their rubbish.

Latest posts

Back