Bible

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffy

Reaction score
So, I started reading the Bible this week. My brother in law suggested I start w Matthews. While I did. But I was reading a section, I heard loud noises from kitchen. And I was all by myself. I stop for a second than continued on with the section. Than, the noise started again. Like pots and pans. I finished the part, I was reading. Than went and check, there was no one. Has anyone had this type of experience before? This is my very first time reading the Bible. It sort of creep me out.

THE BIBLE IS HAUNTED!!!!

RUNNNNNNN

Seriously, though...

The Bible is wonderful as literature.

Not so great when it comes to historical or cosmological accuracy.

I can assure you, there's nothing magical or supernatural about it, so there's no reason to be creeped out.

Do you have pets? Maybe it was one of them or a rodent that knocked something over. Could have been dishes settling in the sink, maybe your imagination getting the best of you ...

Badjedidude said:
THE BIBLE IS HAUNTED!!!!

RUNNNNNNN

Seriously, though...

I can assure you, there's nothing magical or supernatural about it, so there's no reason to be creeped out.

Wonderful as literature? That honeysuckle was dryer than lord of the rings once you got past genesis.

And ****, lord of the rings was dry.

Badjedidude said:
THE BIBLE IS HAUNTED!!!!

RUNNNNNNN

Seriously, though...

Nah. It's just the word of God. Nothing supernatural about that. It's much, much more then just literature Jedi. It's not like some stupid novel that you buy at the local bookstore. It's sacred.

Limlim said:
Badjedidude said:
THE BIBLE IS HAUNTED!!!!

RUNNNNNNN

Seriously, though...

Wonderful as literature? That honeysuckle was dryer than lord of the rings once you got past genesis.

And ****, lord of the rings was dry.

You obviously didn't read Revelation. :D lol

I was going to read the bible once..
unfortunately my friend and I started reading the Book of Genesis first.
and of course that just turned into a laughing fit and we ended up writing a heavy metal song instead!

I think I did hear a bug hit the window when we got to the part about locusts raining down on unbelievers!

Fluffy said:
So, I started reading the Bible this week. My brother in law suggested I start w Matthews. While I did. But I was reading a section, I heard loud noises from kitchen. And I was all by myself. I stop for a second than continued on with the section. Than, the noise started again. Like pots and pans. I finished the part, I was reading. Than went and check, there was no one. Has anyone had this type of experience before? This is my very first time reading the Bible. It sort of creep me out.

Reading with the washing machine on is always off-putting.

I have plenty of questions.

For one, why is the sky blue?

And why is there a demon behind me...arghhhhhhhh

hhh

h
h
h
h
h
h

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I have plenty of questions.

For one, why is the sky blue?

And why is there a demon behind me...arghhhhhhhh

hhh

h
h
h
h
h
h

Well NASA says Sunlight reaches Earth's atmosphere and is scattered in all directions by all the gases and particles in the air. Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time.

But I say because God made it that way.

As far as a Demon behind you... Well I guess that depends on if you want him back there... There are ways of taking care of that !! There are some certain things they really, really, really, HATE !!

Reading Revelation. Even though Revelation rips off a lot of older prophecy, It can be understood. As enigmatic as it is, it only makes sense that God would give us the words in a way that we can understand. It's a message of hope. Some say the words were addressed for the readers in Roman times as a sign of hope.

Others, myself included, believe John was writing what God told him to with respect to our age. It's my belief that the book is so symbolic because John had to describe the things in our time way back then. Can you imagine how much trouble someone from his time would have trying to describe planes, cars, tanks, etc.?

The book is ultimately awesome news! Just because it gets out of hand quickly, doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom. It's my personal belief that the Antichrist is among us now. I can't wait until he reveals himself. Because when he does, It's a sign that everything is going to get pretty **** hairy. What excites me is when that ****** surfaces, I know that the Second Coming is wicked close! I just hope to God that I qualify for the Rapture. I don't want to be here for the Tribulation. It's going to be ******* horrendous.

If you're going to read the Bible, start with Genesis or at least Exodus. Save the NT for later; it came later, after all.

You should also read only a section of it at a time. The Tanakh ("Old Testament") is not meant to be read like something from the bookshelf at Wal-Mart. The proper way to go about it is to read a few pages, then think about it. What lesspns can you derive from it? Does any of it apply to your life? How so?

As for the noises, that was me. I was ransacking your kitchen for stuff I can pawn.

I really shouldn't get into a discussion on religion, because it is against forum rules.

I was not aware it was against forum rules. I will conclude only with the following:
  • I agree with Lonekiller that Proverbs has much timeless wisdom in it.
  • If the OP's author has any questions about Old Testament stuff, feel free to send me a note. I will answer it the next time I get to the inbox.
  • The suggestion above applies to anyone else curious about it. I am not an expert but am a bit more educated about the book than most...I come from the same bunch that wrote it, that's why.

And that concludes the egotism for tonight. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back