BigEars Anonymous

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingPlatypus

Reaction score
I have big ears. It's a genetic thing, my dad has big ears too. Some of you may say that it's not a big (lol) deal, but this physical trait is one of the factors, that are contributing to my low self-esteem.

So I decided to make a thread about us, the people with big ears. :D If you are a proud owner of a pair of them, don't be shy to share your feelings about this stuff.

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you let your ears affect your self-esteem. I know... It's hard not to. But things can change. I guess this post helps.

I have normal sized ears but I've always had big hair. I was teased as a kid. Now I do something about it. I keep it super short. LOL

But back to your ears. Try looking in the mirror and saying, "I love my ears." Think about all the wonderful things they do for you. I try to do this too with my weight. I'll say positive things about my body. It helps bring about change and builds confidence.

Bo

Well, you can always cut your hair, but you can't cut off your ears. I'm not as brave as Van Gogh :) I don't have the money for surgery either, so I guess I'm stuck with them for life. The advise with the mirror is a good one. It's all about changing your thoughts.

About your weight problem - you can always try to eat healthy and do some cardio and weight training. Just keep your head up.

Grow longer hair, you can pretty easily obscure your ears. I have that too, it doesn't seem like a big deal in general, but that's definitely been an idea that I've used now and then.

Big ears are cute! I love guys who have big ears sticking out from a messy hairdo. Also, there is a non-traditional medicine theory that the ear represents a person's development as a fetus. A big and beautiful ear means you were a healthy baby, and are well-formed physically and mentally! When I was in middle school, the boy with the biggest ears was the smartest in the class ;)

IgnoredOne said:
Grow longer hair, you can pretty easily obscure your ears. I have that too, it doesn't seem like a big deal in general, but that's definitely been an idea that I've used now and then.

Yeah, that will work. Although I'm not so fond of having a longer hair, I should try it. Also with longer hair my headbanging will improve too. \m/ :D

Barbaloot said:
You know what they say about men with big ears...

We also have a big heart? :)

Stranger said:
Big ears are cute! I love guys who have big ears sticking out from a messy hairdo. Also, there is a non-traditional medicine theory that the ear represents a person's development as a fetus. A big and beautiful ear means you were a healthy baby, and are well-formed physically and mentally! When I was in middle school, the boy with the biggest ears was the smartest in the class ;)

Wow, first time hearing about this stuff. Sounds fascinating. Unfortunately, my ears don't give me any superpowers. :D

Latest posts

Back