Bill Gates' Computer Specs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard some pretty bad reviews of Windows 8.1. To the point where one reviewer was saying that it makes it more complicated, not easier.

I'm going to stick with what I have. I don't like the idea of that.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I've heard some pretty bad reviews of Windows 8.1. To the point where one reviewer was saying that it makes it more complicated, not easier.

Microsoft are renowned for making things complicated, though, it's not really anything new. I don't like the way they make things as complicated as they can so for reason. I think they do it so people find it harder to code with Windows.

For example I was making something just the other week that would help me with system schedules and information and I wanted to get the system installation time/date from the reg (Similar to the systeminfo command in .. command) and instead of just saving the date in base 64 or hex (like they do with the product key and various other information) I was astonished to learn it saves the SECONDS from January 1, 1970 to the date & time it was installed; it's purely the system that works it all out! Why do that?

That was just one example, but they could make Windows much more efficient IMO, but they choose not to so as to make things much more complicated than they need be. You only need to browse system service's dependencies to see just how everything is integrated into anything else, I used to get the feeling that things made this way are only just functioning.

Man.. I went to town on THAT :-\

The typical person doesn't understand Windows. Most people buy computers to browse Facebook and read their email. They have no interest in trying to figure out why something doesn't work.

9006 said:
Before I forget: I think there's an addon coming out in November (Kinda like windows 98 PLUS) for Windows 8 (Windows 8.1) that will make changes to copies ran on computers and even will include a proper Start Menu.

I like the Start menu of it now.

9006 said:
Microsoft are renowned for making things complicated, though, it's not really anything new. I don't like the way they make things as complicated as they can so for reason.

Yeah, like the Xbox. :club:

VanillaCreme said:
9006 said:
Microsoft are renowned for making things complicated, though, it's not really anything new. I don't like the way they make things as complicated as they can so for reason.

Yeah, like the Xbox. :club:

Don't get me started on the **** Xbox, I think it's way better than the PS3... when it works. Apart from in game freezing every so often one of the major problems just so happens I had; unfortunate for me I bought one of the earliest models, the very one with the RRoD problem that I encountered about 2 months ago. Since I had modded 90% of the Xbox I couldn't exactly exchange it for another one like Microsoft announced, so instead I had to fix it.

I do kinda understand why games consoles have to be complicated to combat piracy, even the data flying round the motherboards bus is encrypted so no hackers have read or write and raw data - which they were able to do with the first Xbox.

Latest posts

Back