Bill Gates' Computer Specs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't trust YA. That was the website that told me I was an ugly monster and that I should kill myself.

Yes. That is a troll site. It's full of trolls.

I actually don't trust anything that comes from there. Anybody can post there, and most of the time, 9 out of 10 people make up honeysuckle on Yahoo Answers.

I have been trolled there so many times, it's not even funny. I have it blocked.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yes. That is a troll site. It's full of trolls.

I actually don't trust anything that comes from there. Anybody can post there, and most of the time, 9 out of 10 people make up honeysuckle on Yahoo Answers.

I have been trolled there so many times, it's not even funny. I have it blocked.
I'm a member and I definitely am not a troll. You've got to keep one thing in mind. When someone asks a question like who would win a fight between Mike Tyson and a Silverback Gorilla, chances are you are going to get a nasty, sarcastic response from some members. You think Yahoo is bad? Try exchanging comments with the good people on PirateBay.

Oh, I know that.

I just don't take it seriously. If someone asks a question like, "What specs is Bill Gates computer", probably you'll get back a really detailed answer from someone who just makes up random stuff that he would like Bill Gates to be into. That's what I'm saying.

I actually know, from an interview that I read a few years ago, that his entire home security system runs on the Windows OS. He has lights, cameras, temp settings, and everything running through about 30 computers that are connected together to form a matrix of computers. I somehow doubt that he would be using Ubuntu as his primary system, because of that, because you can't really run as many programs on Linux. It's a geek's dream, and I think it's quite possible that Gates uses both, but not as his primary. He would be using the system he designed himself.

EDIT: The interview was in Time magazine, I believe. Or maybe Computer World. I can't remember, I was in a doctor's office, and the interview caught my eye. Probably 2010 or 2011.

More information:

http://seattle.curbed.com/archives/2013/01/bill-gates-medina-mansion.php

15. Anyone in the house can "call up" a favorite painting or photograph on $80,000 worth of combination TV-computer screens that is run by several $150,000 computer-storage devices.

Somehow, I don't believe the operating system is Linux, unless it is very tightly controlled and spec oriented away from Ubuntu.

I wouldn't really trust information from a random person who answers like that. Though the price of a monitor is possible, I wouldn't think he's buy a cut down version of something considering the fortune he has. It could be a touch screen monitor that's been custom designed or something.

In any case I don't see the big deal, he's bound to have quality stuff.

I googled his setup. I'm not sure how current this image is though. The man is so wealthy I think it's safe to say that he has the very best system available on the planet.

iphoto-5_zps56a8ffaa.png

LoneKiller said:
I googled his setup. I'm not sure how current this image is though. The man is so wealthy I think it's safe to say that he has the very best system available on the planet.

iphoto-5_zps56a8ffaa.png

I very much doubt that's his personal setup.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

iphoto-5_zps56a8ffaa.png

Wouldn't any of his setups be personal if he owns them all?

LoneKiller said:
9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

iphoto-5_zps56a8ffaa.png

He'd have much better monitors than that, they're old.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:
9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

iphoto-5_zps56a8ffaa.png

He'd have much better monitors than that, they're old.
Yeah. That makes sense. I wonder if there are things that even he doesn't know about computers. You think?

This may be an semi-old thread... But... Seagate? Nah. Someone with money would just get a SSD. Even for storage.

I believe that Gates has storage units all over his house, that run to his own personal computers, all interconnected. That's what that link I said provided.

So it's not about one personal computer, but 40. He has networking.

Oh let's be real... He's sitting on an island, sipping on a tropical drink, the mamacitas hand feeding him pineapple chunks and papayas, laughing at all the little people he stepped on to get to where he is... People like Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs was no flunkie, though. He reinvented himself in 1997, and came back stronger than ever.

I do think that Gates is one smart dude, though. He would have been successful, regardless of whether or not he invented Microsoft and Windows. He would have made his mark some other way.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I believe that Gates has storage units all over his house, that run to his own personal computers, all interconnected. That's what that link I said provided.

So it's not about one personal computer, but 40. He has networking.

Why would he even do this? Could you really be bothered unless you're a teenager?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Steve Jobs was no flunkie, though. He reinvented himself in 1997, and came back stronger than ever.

Steve Jobs was just a good salesman, but mostly bullied people into making decisions.

Would most teenagers want to do that?

And I network my computers. It's helpful when, say, I'm working on a project in another room, and I want to go to a different room and edit it for a finished product. Most companies network as well, it's more productive for business.

And Steve Jobs was an innovator, not an inventor. He may have started up the company, but Apple will do fine without him. I wouldn't say the same about Windows and Gates (when he passes away.)

Apple's doing shite without him. All they're doing is recycling everything they already have... even more so than before.

Latest posts

Back