Blue Night

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gruebrush

Reaction score
Your mom!...no wait, that doesn't work....
Weird name for a topic. Never mind that, let me begin my story.

When I look back what I have done with my life, I feel this overwhelming feeling of horrible emptiness and detachment. Was that me? Or someone else?

I am an old soul. I have never identified myself with my age group. I often played alone as a child. But I had some friends, very few, but some.

But now as I look back into my late childhood, and early youth, I feel this bitter black bile in me. I was bullied, isolated (even more) and humiliated during these years, and this left me with a sense of insecurity when I moved with my parents when I was 14. I voluntarily left myself out again from the group, sneered at them with false sense of pride, thinking highly of myself.

What a fool I was.

When I was 16, I was diagnosed with unipolar depression, and I have struggled with suicidal thoughts daily since then. It is not so much a question of 'why die', rather than 'why live'.

Now I'm left with this bitter grudge against myself, and towards my peers(hah!), as I think of what could have been. Prime of my youth, WASTED! When I hear of joys of others, I just bite my teeth together, they only remind me what I lost, and never will get back again.

If I only had had one trusted friend...

...but I think it is too late now. There was a time when there was nothing else that I wanted than a trusted companion, an ally against others. But not anymore. I think I would not know what to do with one if such thing even existed.

And I take great comfort from that thought.

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself — so like a brother, really — I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of execration."

A. Camus, The Stranger

be grateful that you at least can see, hear and walk and use your fingers to write on the keyboard. millions of people wish one of these.

Gruebrush said:
Clearly you have never been depressed.

Please, never go to work on a suicide hotline.

Don't strike out at others just because you're bitter. Seriously.

I'm sure reki HAS been depressed...but is now at a more positive place. Let's try and keep it that way, yeah?

----Steve

I think that sometimes, people try to make others "see that things could be worse" and while their intentions are good, it's not something that generally makes the other person feel any better. It's almost as though what they are going through is being discounted. NOT that it's what the person saying it MEANT to do, mind you.

So anyways, welcome to the forum, Gruebrush.

reki said:
be grateful that you at least can see, hear and walk and use your fingers to write on the keyboard. millions of people wish one of these.

Gruebrush said:

Badjedidude said:
Gruebrush said:

Don't strike out at others just because you're bitter. Seriously.

I'm sure reki HAS been depressed...but is now at a more positive place. Let's try and keep it that way, yeah?

----Steve

I think that Gruebrush is totally right. I mean, "be grateful you can see, hear etc"??? That doesn't help a depressed person at all.

If anything, saying something like that cause someone to be depressed and pissed off!!! With that sentence you can change someone with a suicidal tendency to have a very at the moment homicidal tendency....

Homicidal is better than suicidal, anyday.

But it still doesn't give the depressed person the right to passively-aggresively bash the person who is only trying to help, misguided or not.

----Steve

Okay, apologies if I offended reki. That was not my purpose. But his comment equally offended me, I felt that I was completely ignored, a thing that has bothered me a long time.

Now, will somebody please post something relevant to my starting post?

If not, remain silent.

Gruebrush said:
If not, remain silent.

You're being remarkably uppity for someone new to this community. I suggest you chill a bit.

And as to your post...what exactly are you looking for? You didn't really ask for advice or if anyone has felt something similar in their life....so what exactly do you want us to say?
It's totally fine for you to just want to share stuff, but if you want advice or comments, then you might say so specifically in your next post, IMHO.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
You're being remarkably uppity for someone new to this community. I suggest you chill a bit.

And as to your post...what exactly are you looking for? You didn't really ask for advice or if anyone has felt something similar in their life....so what exactly do you want us to say?
It's totally fine for you to just want to share stuff, but if you want advice or comments, then you might say so specifically in your next post, IMHO.

----Steve

Okay, please remain silent?

And as to my post, any thought shared would be nice. But not just "be grateful for what you have, or the children of Africa will cry their eyes out!"

I guess I just wanted to discuss about my feelings with someone else than my therapist. Advice would also be cool.

edit. Also, I wanted to see if people even cared, sucks to be me.

*MIXED EMOTIONS! RAAAGH!*

Gruebrush you are fine. Don't pay attention to Badjedidude. Post to your pleasing. And welcome to the forum. :)

HeatOfSpirit said:
Don't pay attention to Badjedidude. Post to your pleasing.

Isn't that exactly what I told him? He can post what he wants to, but to post something that seems more like a diary entry and then demand that everyone either shut up or "contribute" just smacks of arrogance or bitterness to me. *shrug*

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Isn't that exactly what I told him? He can post what he wants to, but to post something that seems more like a diary entry and then demand that everyone either shut up or "contribute" just smacks of arrogance or bitterness to me. *shrug*

----Steve

Oh, come on. I apologised and just wanted to talk about something I wanted to talk!

If you're just here to say that I am just bitter and arrogant, what is your point in that? What do you want?

edit. And I specified what I looked for. And apologies again if I offended you with my bitterness and arrogance.

I don't want anything at all. I just thought it was sort of rude of you to tell people to shut up if they weren't "contributing." That's all. But since you've apologized (I guess I missed it :S)...then we can move on, yeah? :)

Anyway, so how's your day going?

----Steve

Okay, I didn't exactly tell people to "shut up", just wished that irrelevant conversation would not hijack the thread.

And my day was usual. Isolating myself with the aid of computer (I am on a sick leave from high school due depression. I am 19, and probably will complete high school when I am 20. Doesn't that suck?). Other people make me feel that I am being constantly criticized for everything I do. So I just like eradicate myself from the social life. They don't like me anyway.
And I like extremely few people nowadays, so it's best for the both parties for now.

Went to see my therapist though. This time we talked about my "bitterness" and my bullies...

...Oh gosh, this thread is going nowhere. Sorry for bothering everybody with my lonely life.

So you're in therapy...how often do you go? Do you think that it's helping at all? I generally never put much faith in therapy or anything like that. *shrug* But if it IS working for you, then it's good that you're doing it.

Oh, the thread isn't going nowhere. :p It's just following its natural course, that's all. And you're not bothering us...not me anyway. I asked you about your lonely life, remember? ;)

Hmmmm....so you feel like others are criticizing you about your actions...like how? Could you share some specific examples? Or would you not want to talk about that? Whatever works for you. :)

----Steve

sorry if i make u feel worse, and i know excatly what it means to be depressed. i wanted you to feel better and realise that you have good things in life (im sure u have bad things too) but u should look to the bright side in ur life. i know it is very hard thing to do specially while getting depressed. but the whole idea is to trick ur mind to feel better.

wish u all the best

Gruebrush said:
Now, will somebody please post something relevant to my starting post?

If not, remain silent.

If only that were how it worked... :p

****, that was meta... lol

Badjedidude said:
So you're in therapy...how often do you go? Do you think that it's helping at all? I generally never put much faith in therapy or anything like that. *shrug* But if it IS working for you, then it's good that you're doing it.

Oh, the thread isn't going nowhere. :p It's just following its natural course, that's all. And you're not bothering us...not me anyway. I asked you about your lonely life, remember? ;)

Hmmmm....so you feel like others are criticizing you about your actions...like how? Could you share some specific examples? Or would you not want to talk about that? Whatever works for you. :)

----Steve

Some people wants different "answers".Some wants to have solutions and the other to have someone to empathize them so that they can feel better.

As for Gruebrush,I understand how you feel.Life is so full of regrets.When I looked at someone,they have friends and I have none.They have laughter and I have grief.

They have companions and I have solitude.Life is a cycle of tragedies and joy where for me tragedies are much more.

Latest posts

Back