BO

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDf19

Reaction score
So many years ago because of overhearing many coworkers complaining about my body odor just right after coming out of the shower I decided to see a doctor. Will since then all the doctors and medical people I have seen swear they don't notice anything, but every job I have had since I have had people remark about my smell, and no, not imagining it as many people have said it to my face.
Don't want to return to work as the problem is still going on and just getting worse.

I use to have faith in God, and might still, but how do you go to church when you stink. What more how am I ... fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalms 139:14 when I have such odor in my body after coming out of the shower?

This has pretty much made me a social hermit.

First, you do not need to physically go to a church to have faith in God. God is everywhere. I won't expand further on that because I don't want to start a debate and that is only my own opinion.

As for the body odor. Have you tried switching soaps? It could be something in the soap you are using that is reacting negatively with the chemicals in your own body.

As unusual as this sounds, I suggest looking at your diet. I know one guy who can't eat a certain food because it makes him smell. You might need to work from the inside out.
Good luck Don't give up <3 There are a few links below I pulled up from a search.

http://www.nextavenue.org/article/2013-08/5-foods-can-increase-your-body-odor

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/information/nutrition/diet-body-odor.htm

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/men/sweating-odor/diet-affect-body-odor.htm

Hmm I don't really have BO and I keep my clothes clean, but I started wearing undershirts with pockets and stuffing a fresh dryer sheet in the pocket. You could probably put one in a pants pocket or something. It adds that extra bump where you smell good to people around you. Maybe I'm weird though. I'm sure that's what cologne is supposed to be used for. I just like the smell of dryer sheets better. :O

Yes.. as what Naleena said.. diet does play apart in it too. I don't have all the details but maybe you can google about it and check it out?

JD, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

For a time on a job I had a bad cold, my credit card was maxed out so I couldn't buy a new pair of shoes, and the combination of a cold, my body chemistry and an inferior pair of really cheap shoes made an entire room stink when I went in.

I was so embarrassed, but I didn't have any friends or any money, and I had to work. Almost all the women mocked me both to my face in ways that were cryptic, and behind my back. I felt horrible about it, but I had to keep working. They were all older women who were established. It was the poorest time in my life financially and I'll never forget how mean people were. I hated it that my feet smelled bad, but it wasn't due to lack of hygiene, it was something about the inside lining of the shoe apparently combined with my body detoxifying. Although it was just for about a week, it sealed my reputation with that job. Thankfully I moved on, but I'll never forget people's cruelty to me at a time when I was truly all alone, broke, self-conscious as everything and helpless to do much about it.

I would look into what Naleena has suggested, JD.

I'm a social hermit, too, at the moment, for quite a few reasons. I know how you feel.

Good luck. xx

Yep, eating garlic makes me stink. That's why I cut way back on it.

I couldn't smell a catbox if it was on fire, but boy, women can smell me a mile away if I ate garlic the day before.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a problem if I can try to meet women who smoke...

JDf19 said:
So many years ago because of overhearing many coworkers complaining about my body odor just right after coming out of the shower I decided to see a doctor.

Can I ask whether or not you use an antiperspirant deodorant?

Latest posts

Back