Bored, Lonely, take your pick.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bread

Reaction score
Heya. Since it once again dawned to me that I don't have any proper discussions with folks anymore these days, I opted to put up this notice and all. So, long story short, feeling lonely and bored, would absolutely love to have discussions about whatever with folks. As long as they don't hold, uh, strong views. A bit of a dark humour streak in my thoughts and ramblings, so not everything I say should be taken as-is. It's just the way I write.

Don't frankly care where you're from, what line of work you're in, just as long as you can and are willing to have a decent, honest discussion without coming off as a creep, really. Just as long as you can make coherent sentences and thought to follow. :p

Generally averse on talking about political and religious subjects. I'm an atheist and generally don't enjoy politics what with all the shady stuff associated with snakes in suits, politicians. Neither do I really wish to engage in pointless arguments about what political ideology is the way to go or any of that goverment-sanctioned naughty stuff.

Mundane stuff, I don't mind. Never seen a fella or a gal lose it over discussion on musical preferences. Albeit I'm sure some, uh, extraordinary cases do exist. All sorts of folks in the world, after all.

So, if you got free time, nobody to talk to...drop a line, will ya?

Bread said:
Heya. Since it once again dawned to me that I don't have any proper discussions with folks anymore these days, I opted to put up this notice and all. So, long story short, feeling lonely and bored, would absolutely love to have discussions about whatever with folks. As long as they don't hold, uh, strong views. A bit of a dark humour streak in my thoughts and ramblings, so not everything I say should be taken as-is. It's just the way I write.

Don't frankly care where you're from, what line of work you're in, just as long as you can and are willing to have a decent, honest discussion without coming off as a creep, really. Just as long as you can make coherent sentences and thought to follow. :p

Generally averse on talking about political and religious subjects. I'm an atheist and generally don't enjoy politics what with all the shady stuff associated with snakes in suits, politicians. Neither do I really wish to engage in pointless arguments about what political ideology is the way to go or any of that goverment-sanctioned naughty stuff.

Mundane stuff, I don't mind. Never seen a fella or a gal lose it over discussion on musical preferences. Albeit I'm sure some, uh, extraordinary cases do exist. All sorts of folks in the world, after all.

Hello.

You might get more bites if you tell us why you think we would enjoy talking to you.

Also, telling people what you do like as opposed to what you don't like will make you more approachable.

Where are you from (generally speaking)?

Mary Mary said:
Hello.

You might get more bites if you tell us why you think we would enjoy talking to you. Also, telling people what you do like as opposed to what you don't like will make you more approachable.

Ah, quite true. Goes to show how addled my brain sometimes can be. I try and see things in a more positive light, but I got a bit of a persistent negative streak.

As for the first bit, tough question for starters...Hmmh. Some folks have said I've a sense of humour, so talking might be worth a laugh, perhaps. Frankly speaking, I'm not alltogether good at gauging the amount of quality discussion one might wrangle out of me. Guess if anybody is just as bored and lonely as I am, they might alleviate that feeling by having at least someone to talk to.

The second bit....Er. Well, I do enjoy reading comics, been a bit of a fantasy and scifi buff, sometimes bordering discussions of historical or philosophical nature, but I got to admit not much good at fact-checking since all I got in the way of sources at the time is the internet and the loathsome Wikipedia.

I do enjoy old jazz, reggae, traditional chinese music and other relaxing stuff, soul and funk, video game music, a wide range of just about everything that hasn't got much bass.

As for where I'm from, hailing from the cold north, in Scandinavia. Not much I can think about saying on the subject. *Shrug*

Mary Mary said:
Bread said:

Hello.

You might get more bites if you tell us why you think we would enjoy talking to you.

nitpicking, p'rhaps, but shouldn't communication be a "for the fun of it" thing - and not a pay-per-use? :p

(hell, i don't know why *anyone* would talk to me. some do though, for which i am grateful. why? no idea. would be very hard pressed to make a list of that.)

Bread said:
Mary Mary said:
Hello.

You might get more bites if you tell us why you think we would enjoy talking to you. Also, telling people what you do like as opposed to what you don't like will make you more approachable.

Ah, quite true. Goes to show how addled my brain sometimes can be. I try and see things in a more positive light, but I got a bit of a persistent negative streak.

As for the first bit, tough question for starters...Hmmh. Some folks have said I've a sense of humour, so talking might be worth a laugh, perhaps. Frankly speaking, I'm not alltogether good at gauging the amount of quality discussion one might wrangle out of me. Guess if anybody is just as bored and lonely as I am, they might alleviate that feeling by having at least someone to talk to.

The second bit....Er. Well, I do enjoy reading comics, been a bit of a fantasy and scifi buff, sometimes bordering discussions of historical or philosophical nature, but I got to admit not much good at fact-checking since all I got in the way of sources at the time is the internet and the loathsome Wikipedia.

I do enjoy old jazz, reggae, traditional chinese music and other relaxing stuff, soul and funk, video game music, a wide range of just about everything that hasn't got much bass.

As for where I'm from, hailing from the cold north, in Scandinavia. Not much I can think about saying on the subject. *Shrug*

I heard in Scandanavia, they kill all the ugly people. I worked in Greenland for a short time, and the Danish were a sexy bunch.

I love sci fi.

I think most people don't fact check since we all have a tendency towards confirmation bias.

Mary Mary said:
I heard in Scandanavia, they kill all the ugly people. I worked in Greenland for a short time, and the Danish were a sexy bunch.

I love sci fi.

I think most people don't fact check since we all have a tendency towards confirmation bias.

I seem to have missed the death squads, then. :p Still, more folks ought to check 'em, if only to keep more folks reading and provide 'em a chance to decide what they believe in instead of getting spoonfuls of info from whatever authority. But less said of that, the better, eh?

And good to hear you also enjoy the fantastic world of science fiction.

Bread said:
Mary Mary said:

I love sci fi.

I seem to have missed the death squads, then. :p Still, more folks ought to check 'em, if only to keep more folks reading and provide 'em a chance to decide what they believe in instead of getting spoonfuls of info from whatever authority. But less said of that, the better, eh?

And good to hear you also enjoy the fantastic world of science fiction.

What sci fi shows do you have there?

Mary Mary said:

Oh, lately, I dunno. Used to watch Farscape and Stargåte, until the first ended and the second kept on going after it -should- have ended. Both were still very much cream of the crop- hadn't seen anything as good as them, well, since Babylon 5.

Bread said:
Mary Mary said:

Oh, lately, I dunno. Used to watch Farscape and Stargåte, until the first ended and the second kept on going after it -should- have ended. Both were still very much cream of the crop- hadn't seen anything as good as them, well, since Babylon 5.

I started watching Farscape. I never got into the Stargate series. I was going through my no TV phase, so I missed the original.

I used to be a Battlestar Galactica fan. I loved Star Trek, but one of my gripes about it was how most of the characters were so goody goody. In Battlestar Galactica, the cast was filled with neurotic people. It was a great show.

I missed Babylon 5, too. I heard that was a great show.

I heard there's a new The Thing out. One of my favorite cult classics.

Mary Mary said:
I started watching Farscape. I never got into the Stargate series. I was going through my no TV phase, so I missed the original.

I used to be a Battlestar Galactica fan. I loved Star Trek, but one of my gripes about it was how most of the characters were so goody goody. In Battlestar Galactica, the cast was filled with neurotic people. It was a great show.

Hope you enjoy the series- to me, it was quite great stuff (especially the later bits with Harvey and John). Stargate was good, but the problem with it was that they didn't know when to quit. Writing got stale. It was nice to see both Ben Browder and Claudia Black (both of Farscape fame) make an entrance to Stargate, too, but they could not save a sinking ship. No clue about SG Atlantis, but spinoffs never tend to be worth much.

Never been much into Star Trek, nor have I seen Galactica. Can't place my finger on why, but neither really sparked interest. Still, if you get a chance to rent or whatnot some Babylon 5, I'd say go for it. Great cast of characters with moral dilemmas left and right- I'd say the carrying force in the cast was those who played Londo Mollari (Peter Jurasik) and G'Kar (Andreas Katsulas), two ambassadors from alien races on the station. Excellent acting and well-fleshed out characters. The only gripe I had with the series, I guess, was how they got rid off Talia Winters (Andrea Thompson) mid-series and the constantly changing commanders on the Babylon 5 station and how each was somewhat forcibly tied to the main plot line.

Haven't seen the new thing. Then again, I guess I'm a bit partial to the old Kurt Russel-starred Carpenter's The Thing anyhow. Maybe I'm a bit averse to remakes and the like.

Bread said:
Mary Mary said:

Hope you enjoy the series- to me, it was quite great stuff (especially the later bits with Harvey and John). Stargate was good, but the problem with it was that they didn't know when to quit. Writing got stale. It was nice to see both Ben Browder and Claudia Black (both of Farscape fame) make an entrance to Stargate, too, but they could not save a sinking ship. No clue about SG Atlantis, but spinoffs never tend to be worth much.

Never been much into Star Trek, nor have I seen Galactica. Can't place my finger on why, but neither really sparked interest. Still, if you get a chance to rent or whatnot some Babylon 5, I'd say go for it. Great cast of characters with moral dilemmas left and right- I'd say the carrying force in the cast was those who played Londo Mollari (Peter Jurasik) and G'Kar (Andreas Katsulas), two ambassadors from alien races on the station. Excellent acting and well-fleshed out characters. The only gripe I had with the series, I guess, was how they got rid off Talia Winters (Andrea Thompson) mid-series and the constantly changing commanders on the Babylon 5 station and how each was somewhat forcibly tied to the main plot line.

Haven't seen the new thing. Then again, I guess I'm a bit partial to the old Kurt Russel-starred Carpenter's The Thing anyhow. Maybe I'm a bit averse to remakes and the like.

Yes! John Carpenter's The Thing: I love that movie! The new The Thing movie that's coming out this year is actually not a remake; it's a prequel, but they're just using the same name...I guess that doesn't bode well, does it? They're that lacking in imagination...

I'm not sure I'll enjoy the The Thing that's coming out. I've found that since the extensive use of CGI, I don't enjoy sci fi as much. I guess part of the thrill for me was the artistry and ingenuity of the special effects. Now they just use sophisticated cartoons. It's just not the same for me.

I watched a bit of Startgate Atlantis. I didn't think it was too good.

I did watch the Firefly series. It was OK. Although I thought they overdid the whole western thing.

chat.alonelylife.com is our chatroom... it's pretty kewl and such... people talk and what not...

Mary Mary said:
Yes! John Carpenter's The Thing: I love that movie! The new The Thing movie that's coming out this year is actually not a remake; it's a prequel, but they're just using the same name...I guess that doesn't bode well, does it? They're that lacking in imagination...

I'm not sure I'll enjoy the The Thing that's coming out. I've found that since the extensive use of CGI, I don't enjoy sci fi as much. I guess part of the thrill for me was the artistry and ingenuity of the special effects. Now they just use sophisticated cartoons. It's just not the same for me.

I watched a bit of Startgate Atlantis. I didn't think it was too good.

I did watch the Firefly series. It was OK. Although I thought they overdid the whole western thing.

Yup. Way too much CGI in movies these days, sometimes so blatantly bad it hurts. Avatar, I didn't mind so much, since the animation was seamless enough to pass initial scrutiny, but most folks go where the fence is the lowest, so to speak. Cutting costs and everything. *Sigh* Me, I actually like those animatronics and the like they had way back. Farscape was a refreshing thing, with Rygel and most non-humanoid aliens being animatronics, if memory serves.

Latest posts

Back