Boy that was a pointless ban, huh?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you are here! I hope to see more friendly posts though. When someone jumps on you try to let it roll off. That's what I'm trying hard to do now. It may not be fair. But, it ends better that way.

remember, all this because i don't like tattoos.
How about starting a positive thread instead about how beautiful clean, pure, untouched skin is to you. Then you could talk about freckles, hair / no hair, and nails. For instance I really find nail art awesome! On the one hand it's kind of silly. But, on the other hand I really appreciate the art and the effort. Plus some painted nails are just amazing and nice to look at.

iu

How about starting a positive thread instead about how beautiful clean, pure, untouched skin is to you. Then you could talk about freckles, hair / no hair, and nails. For instance I really find nail art awesome! On the one hand it's kind of silly. But, on the other hand I really appreciate the art and the effort. Plus some painted nails are just amazing and nice to look at.

iu
I think you just like to be scratched, you little koala you! 😂

remember, all this because i don't like tattoos.

It wasn't your opinion that was the problem. An opinion is just an opinion, a feeling, a point of view. It's OK to express opinions, but just not in an attacking way. It would have been better if you had just said "tattooed women don't do it for me/aren't who I'm looking for".

The problem was that you said that people shouldn't have the freedom to do something to express themselves. I mean, I've seen some self-expression before that isn't very conscious, or that I don't agree with, or just find distasteful. But they still have the freedom to express it.

I mean, even when I was very much caught up in anti-tattoo feeling myself, I watched a video on YouTube about how people in hardcore religious countries are not allowed to have tattoos, and it just made me think it was messed up because I felt like they should have the freedom of self-expression. I like band shirts, it made me think that I couldn't wear those shirts if I was in those countries too. I don't really like being offensive or confrontational, but I hate it when people try to control me, especially over small things. The religious people might not like another person's tattoos, but it's like, why can't the religious people just do religion themselves instead of trying to control people. The attempt at control and dominance, especially something as trivial as appearance, that's what's not cool. I mean sure, we need to have some rules and laws, because we haven't evolved beyond the need for them yet. But people should be able to like what they like, too.

One thing I've learned in my time is that it really makes a person look "uncool" when they try to restrict another person's freedoms, it's like it makes you look like The Fun Police in most people's eyes, especially when you talk about restricting stuff like art forms (including tattoos), drinking and weed, partying, sex, and so on. It makes a person look like a busybody, poking one's nose in other people's business which is rude in and of itself, and also because the person doesn't have enough or any business of their own that they should be focused on instead. I remember in my early years in college I used to get very passionate about complaining about frat bros and drinking and the drinking culture, all the rap they liked about sex and money and ego, but in hindsight I realized that I probably just looked like some kind of weird awkward nerd loser that was just mad I couldn't be a "bro" myself, and/or had nothing to talk about, or even think about, cause I had nothing going on with my own life, cause I wasn't doing anything. I didn't really look like a cool punk rock counter-culture person I wanted to be. I wasn't fighting "The Man"/"The Rich"/"The System", I was just getting caught up in nonissues. I should have just liked what I liked, instead of making so much of myself about NOT liking what other people like - even if it really is obnoxious/distasteful or I just don't agree with it - and said if I don't like the frat/preppy scene, that's OK, it's not for me, find something that is.

^Not saying that this is you. Or that that even was me, because it wasn't, entirely - it wasn't the whole story. I'm just saying that's how a lot of people perceive it, so it's best not to do that cause it won't make you popular or attractive to be seen as The Fun Police. It's one thing to make a personal choice not to party, to say that it's just not for you. But you don't want to make it seem like you're an enemy of partying, and don't think anyone else should party either. That usually doesn't get received well.

Last edited:
Uh huh. . . 🙄 I think there was a little more to it than that. . .
He is just trying to spin things. The vacation wasn't for his crass stereotypes of females with tattoos or even that thread. He can think whatever he wants, but attacking a member, including what could be termed a homophobic slur, is going beyond accepted behavior. Besides he quit the forum over people disagreeing with him, so it makes no difference anyway.

He is just trying to spin things. The vacation wasn't for his crass stereotypes of females with tattoos or even that thread. He can think whatever he wants, but attacking a member, including what could be termed a homophobic slur, is going beyond accepted behavior. Besides he quit the forum over people disagreeing with him, so it makes no difference anyway.
I assumed the ban was because of his comment in a different thread, yes. Thanks for clarifying that.

I’ve resolved it’s just not worth it to get into it with certain characters. Some people just rile us up and that’s that - I’m gonna roll with it henceforth. 😜😂🤪 (even though - some days, darn it - I’d just love to get into a good ol’ virtual shouting match with someone, I will resist the urge)

Last edited:
I assumed the ban was because of his comment in a different thread, yes. Thanks for clarifying that.

I’ve resolved it’s just not worth it to get into it with certain characters. Some people just rile us up and that’s that - I’m gonna roll with it henceforth. 😜😂🤪 (even though - some days, darn it - I’d just love to get into a good ol’ virtual shouting match with someone, I will resist the urge.)
Oops. . . don't know why my comment posted twice. Can't seem to delete this one.

Last edited:
It wasn't your opinion that was the problem. An opinion is just an opinion, a feeling, a point of view. It's OK to express opinions, but just not in an attacking way. It would have been better if you had just said "tattooed women don't do it for me/aren't who I'm looking for".

The problem was that you said that people shouldn't have the freedom to do something to express themselves. I mean, I've seen some self-expression before that isn't very conscious, or that I don't agree with, or just find distasteful. But they still have the freedom to express it.

I mean, even when I was very much caught up in anti-tattoo feeling myself, I watched a video on YouTube about how people in hardcore religious countries are not allowed to have tattoos, and it just made me think it was messed up because I felt like they should have the freedom of self-expression. I like band shirts, it made me think that I couldn't wear those shirts if I was in those countries too. I don't really like being offensive or confrontational, but I hate it when people try to control me, especially over small things. The religious people might not like another person's tattoos, but it's like, why can't the religious people just do religion themselves instead of trying to control people. The attempt at control and dominance, especially something as trivial as appearance, that's what's not cool. I mean sure, we need to have some rules and laws, because we haven't evolved beyond the need for them yet. But people should be able to like what they like, too.

One thing I've learned in my time is that it really makes a person look "uncool" when they try to restrict another person's freedoms, it's like it makes you look like The Fun Police in most people's eyes, especially when you talk about restricting stuff like art forms (including tattoos), drinking and weed, partying, sex, and so on. It makes a person look like a busybody, poking one's nose in other people's business which is rude in and of itself, and also because the person doesn't have enough or any business of their own that they should be focused on instead. I remember in my early years in college I used to get very passionate about complaining about frat bros and drinking and the drinking culture, all the rap they liked about sex and money and ego, but in hindsight I realized that I probably just looked like some kind of weird awkward nerd loser that was just mad I couldn't be a "bro" myself, and/or had nothing to talk about, or even think about, cause I had nothing going on with my own life, cause I wasn't doing anything. I didn't really look like a cool punk rock counter-culture person I wanted to be. I wasn't fighting "The Man"/"The Rich"/"The System", I was just getting caught up in nonissues. I should have just liked what I liked, instead of making so much of myself about NOT liking what other people like - even if it really is obnoxious/distasteful or I just don't agree with it - and said if I don't like the frat/preppy scene, that's OK, it's not for me, find something that is.

^Not saying that this is you. Or that that even was me, because it wasn't, entirely - it wasn't the whole story. I'm just saying that's how a lot of people perceive it, so it's best not to do that cause it won't make you popular or attractive to be seen as The Fun Police. It's one thing to make a personal choice not to party, to say that it's just not for you. But you don't want to make it seem like you're an enemy of partying, and don't think anyone else should party either. That usually doesn't get received well.
yeah but I feel they should ban women from tattoo parlors though.

Latest posts

Back